What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I...don't know? It's odd in a very particular what-I-understand-to-be-characteristic-Wes-Anderson-brand of oddness (although I say this having only seen Fantastic Mr. Fox of his other films). I don't even really know how to describe it.

Maybe someone who sees more films than me can answer better. :shifty:

It's awesome! If you've seen any of Wes Anderson's previous films, and especially if you've liked them, you'll end up liking this. It's very Royal Tennenbaums / Moonrise Kingdom-like. He likes to make it seem like we're watching a book come alive, or at least that's how I've always viewed his movies. Very vivid colors, very off-the-beat humor, lots of fun stuff.

It's also one of those films where you're very conscious of the way in which the camera shots are framed, simply because it's often so stark and unusual (and enjoyable).

Little things in FMF blew my mind. Like the use of the Robin Hood/Maid Marian love song from Disney's Robin Hood as background music on the radio at one point (BECAUSE THEY'RE FOXES). Amazing.

And the wolf scene. I love the wolf scene.

Just watched We're The Millers.

Went in with really low expectations, but it was good. Laugh out loud funny in parts. Glad I gave it a go.

You might wanna say, you have no ragrets watching it?

Just watched We're The Millers.

Went in with really low expectations, but it was good. Laugh out loud funny in parts. Glad I gave it a go.

You might wanna say, you have no ragrets watching it?

Exactly.

I found Jennifer Aniston to be really funny in it too.

The Collection

I don't remember the first one being so brutal. I just remember him hunting down the one guy for what seemed like years. First half was so-so, relied on a bit too many jump scares I thought. Finishing was stretch was awesome, though, and exactly what I wanted to see. Overall, pretty good flick.