What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Without spoiling it, how does the time travel aspect play out? I got pretty bored in Source Code, for example, with the setting basically never changing.

I can still remember the groans in the cinema.when Vantage Point kicked off for the 8th time...

The highest praise I can give Maleficent is that it was a pretty movie.

Maleficent herself is less "great evil being from Sleeping Beauty" and more "mischievous prankster", Sleeping Beauty is more like Napping Lightly For 20 Minutes Beauty, and the fact that Maleficent's servant got to turn into the dragon - which should've been Maleficent's Crowning Moment of Badass - was dumb.

Oh, and don't even get me started on how insanely corny "Maleficent is her true love! Awww! Motherly wuuuuuv!" is. If all this is what "really" happened, I think I prefer Sleeping Beauty like waaaaayyy more.

EDIT: Oh, and Angelina Jolie was pretty good. Couldn't save this movie though.

• Like 1

Been trying to get into Mad Men recently. Two episodes in and I have the same problem I had with Breaking Bad; I personally dislike just about every character on the show and everything they say and think. For such a handsome man, Don Draper is such a dick.

So am I the only one that was completely let down by X-Men: Days of Future Past? As a fan of the other films (excluding Origins: Wolverine) this just seemed like a total bore fest. It was slow, plodding, and really lacked any big fight scenes. I mean Quicksilver was great and there were fun little nods to the other films spread throughout it but I was expecting a lot more from the movie after all of the high praise it has gotten.

I enjoyed Maleficent which I caught as part of a double feature despite:

Sleeping Beauty's long slumber amounting to nothing more than a short nap

As I've been telling everybody, DoFP was incredibly average. There were a few cool scenes, but I was waiting for something truly magnificent to happen.

I honestly thought they were incredibly dumb to not give us a

young Magneto vs. old Magneto or, even them in a scene together. They're like the two favourite characters out of all the X-Men films, barring Wolverine, and instead what did they give us? The same old Magneto versus Wolverine, which we were seeing for like 3 whole films before that. Ridiculous.

Heck, they barely gave us a young Xavier and old one together. In the end, adding Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen was nothing more than just a way to get more butts in seats. Ridiculous.

X-Men: DoFP:

The scenes with the sentinels were lacking any sort of drama as you knew they were just going to butcher the mutants without much of a fight anyway. The big fight scene? Magneto moves a stadium around the white house and points guns at people. Yawn.

Yeah, I saw 22 Jump Street on Tuesday. Was great.

I also saw The Signal on Thursday and that was just so god damn frustrating. It had excellent concepts and just when it was getting interesting it ends.. That's right. It was basically ACT 1 of a really interesting story. It was a sci-fi cocktease.

The American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've never read the book, but the movie was lovely. I fell in love with Rooney Mara, which I don't think was the intention, but it wasn't only for the movie, but how she was in the special features. Everyone I know is telling me the book sucks, but I'm probably going to check it out anyhow.

Gonna watch Wolf of Wall Street and Dallas Buyer's Club at some point over the weekend as well.

• Like 1