What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Friend of mine was mentioning possibly seeing Sin City 2 next week and here I am having never seen the first so Netflix to the rescue.

Obviously a very unique looking film, not least the overall look of it being mostly black and white with the odd colour highlighted and the neon blood, but you have a cool looking character in Marv, an intensely creepy one in Kevin and a less so one in Roark Jr by the end.

Marv was the only character I vaguely knew of so I was a bit confused as to why his story seemed to be reaching it's conclusion after only 40 minutes and what those other bits were that came before it. So, yeah, being an anthology was a surprise. Felt like the middle story was the weakest (as I recall was the case in some of the other anthology films I've watched), perhaps because Dwight was pretty bland. It's still a neat idea otherwise, the whole standoff between the cops and the prostitutes threatening to explode and this bizarre back and forth for a head, but it didn't really hook me like the other two stories.

Watched Calvary. Really good, Brendan Gleeson is always just really great isn't he? Also had probably the most audacious opening line I've ever heard.

Yeah, that opening line would definitely grab your attention. Too bad some parts of the movie were just plain boring, like the part with the Ivorian which almost put me to sleep. The parts in the bar were all super intense, though, loved that bit.