What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watching The Enemy Below (1957) was a bit weird because I was already very familiar with the Star Trek TOS episode 'Balance of Terror', which is essentially a straight rip of much of the film (and a couple of the scenes are nailed-on copies).

Think I liked the Star Trek episode better, too. :shifty:

The Rover (2014)

Okay, he turned me around somewhere more than halfway through the film (after the part where he goes and takes a shit). The movie itself is so good, though. It gives that absolutely "tension is almost solid-thick in the air" feeling. And Guy Pearce was just stunning.

Godzilla (the new one). The story wasn't all that groundbreaking but the visuals were absolutely amazing. I loved the slow build up to the reveal and some of the scenes are amazing. Great film.

Life Itself (2014)

It's fantastic. Easily one of my favourite releases this year already. I might be a bit biased, because I'd read Ebert's review for any film way before I'd read anyone else's, but it shows a fucking marvelous insight of his work, his life, his industry and the man himself. The final parts of the film that touch on the days before his death were almost heartbreaking for me, it really took me by surprise.

Godzilla (the new one). The story wasn't all that groundbreaking but the visuals were absolutely amazing. I loved the slow build up to the reveal and some of the scenes are amazing. Great film.

The new Godzilla should have been titled `The Boring Advenures Of Lt. Brody', with `And Godzilla Is In This' as the subtitle.

• Like 1

It wasn't great, but it was still pretty damn good. The anticipation and the build for the Godzilla appearances are what made the film so unique and captivating. The first appearance is almost godlike. The movie was shot tremendously as well, very different compared to the usual monster movie. It's why I loved the choice of director, because he did a damn good job on his directorial debut.

The bad things about it was the wrong choice as lead, plus those lasers that the other monsters could shoot.

Yeah, exactly. I couldn't care less about the army storyline I just think the visuals of Godzilla were fantastic all round. The first time he used the atomic breath thing was epic as fuck.