What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

^ Even Stokerina didn't see the Russo swerve coming, and she prides herself on guessing these things in advance (read: she guesses a thousand contradictory things and then if any one of them turns out to be true, is all like I SO KNEW IT).

• Like 3

Aladdin is your favourite Disney movie? -.-

Also, Birdman was fantastic. Naomi Watts and Michael Keaton completely dominated the whole thing, but Emma Stone was also great, never seen her do so well with a role, I completely forgot it was her. The long take concept got a bit old before it was supposed to, but it was really well done and necessary in some areas for sure.

So basically almost everything from the Renaissance? :P also, except for Hades, Hercules is nowhere near as good as the rest.

Also, Aladdin has horribly aged. Genie is just horrible now that I'm not 6 years old. Hunchback of Notre Dame is fucking amazing, it's so much better than Aladdin. It also has one of Disney's best villain songs, and that's saying something.

Lion King is definitely still the best, though, followed by Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Dumbo, Tarzan, Mulan, Aristocats which is supremely overrated, man, I could go on and on. Aladdin is nowhere close, though.

• Like 1

While Larz has pointed out two awesome bad guy songs, there are a few that are just as good. "Hellfire" is just absolutely amazing, Frollo just blaming his lust on Esmerelda and just saying "it's not my faul, it's yours!" is just pure evil. "Friends on the Other Side" is also marvelous. "Be Prepared" might be the best one, but "Hellfire" and "Friends on the Other Side" are absolutely fantastic.

Best Disney song is still probably "Baby Mine", though.

Two Days, One Night

This is good, it's very, very good. I've seen only one other Dardenne movie (Rosetta, duh), but this is so different, I feel. The whole thing feels uplifting and depressing at the same time, like you think Cotillard's character will actually win but then you'll feel like she'll fall apart or she's going to get punched in the face when someone gets too offended. A really great one to watch, and really questions one's morality and really wonder deep down inside what they would do in Sandra's situation, in the situation of her co-workers and her husband. Fucking great, really.