Anna Nicole Smith dies

Mick

1. Why do we have a celebrity culture in the first place? Where people who do terrible things to themselves get rewarded with idolatry? Because they stand in front of a camera and entertain us? Then two...

Because they entertain us. Simple as that. Mass media. More people are aware of who they are than of any fictional "Bob". It's hardly idolatry, it's just letting people know when someone who has been a part of their lives, even in some miniscule way, has died.

I bet you if Keifer Sutherland or George Carlin died right now, they wouldn't get this much attention and media coverage.

And that's just bullshit and you know it. Not a clue about George Carlin, as I have no idea what level of fame he has, but you honestly think Keifer Sutherland wouldn't get this much coverage if he died? He's an A-List celebrity, the lead actor in one of the most popular and successful TV shows of this century so far, of course he'd get at least as much media coverage, almost certainly more.

And TGC's point about people crashing and burning is spot-on. People love to see celebrities' failings. Hence why so many magazines are dedicated to photographing them out of their element, and pointing out every little thing they do wrong. It's the exact opposite of "idolatry". People love being reminded that the people they see on their TV screens are just human like the rest of us.

And, yeah, there's really no use complaining about it. It's been this way since before you were born, I'm sure. It might not be fair, but if it really bothers you that much, there are plenty of places in the world untouched by celebrity culture, why don't you try living in one of them? At the end of the day, this hasn't affected your life positively or negatively, so stop arguing about it. It was posted here to let people know, and you kicked up a fuss because you happened not to like the woman. Plenty of us didn't.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, I have no idea why people are even discussing it anymore. Either you have some kind of value for any human life, or she was a bottom of the barrel attention whore. Either way, there's no need to limit who can post in these topics anyways, because there's been royal assholes in the topics for people who had some semblance of reason for any random person on the net to write three letters for them.

Look, in all fairness guys, some of the most important and famous people in history that were loved by millions weren't exactly bastions of pure 100% good human.

This man was addicted to weed and cocaine, and was arrested for burglary. He would then clean up and go on to play an extremely vital role in US Civil Rights before being assinated by a shotgun blast at point blank range.

That was Malcolm X.

He didn't exactly have the first part of his life as a contributing and positive influence to humanity.

As far as the ANIC and Eddie shit, please. The only things that we know about the people, regardless of if we're smarks or not, no matter what we've read on Wikipedia or have seen on TV, is all that they want us to know.

Here's another one that was famous for trying to stop the war in Vietnam by preaching "Give Peace A Chance", all the while he leaves his wife and son to go live with some Japanese chick, completley cutting them out of his life. That was John Lennon, another prime example of humanity.

I think bottom line, Anna Nicole Smith, regardless of what her past history was, was an American Icon.

You don't think Marylin Monroe had skeletons in her closet that she took to the grave?

I'll be honest, Anna Nicole Smith really didn't do much to gain national spotlight except for the marriage to the old man and subsequent court cases. For that matter, what the hell did Eddie Guerrero do in life besides wrestle?

Both had families. Both entertained people. Yet they both had a lot of personal demons that seemingly ultimately got the best of them.

So, just fuck off with all the bashing. How would you feel when you died and everyone said "Yeah, well all he did was post on a fucking message board and bash things he didn't agree with, he's a fucking winner. At least Bob had a family."

Just stop for fuck's sake. I'm not defending any of it at all, I'm just appauled.

Either way, I have no idea why people are even discussing it anymore. Either you have some kind of value for any human life, or she was a bottom of the barrel attention whore. Either way, there's no need to limit who can post in these topics anyways, because there's been royal assholes in the topics for people who had some semblance of reason for any random person on the net to write three letters for them.

I will assume you know what you just wrote. The rest of us might be having some issues with comprehending that however.

Did I stutter? Here let me try that again.

Either way, I have no idea why people are even discussing it anymore.

(People are still arguing)

Either you have some kind of value for any human life, or she was a bottom of the barrel attention whore.

(Either you think she deserves this topic, or she doesn't)

There's no need to limit who can post in these topics anyways,

(TOG said that only people who wanted to say RIP should be here)

because there's been royal assholes in the topics for people who had some semblance of reason for any random person on the net to write three letters for them.

(People have been assholes in threads for people who led an ultimately good life, so why limit it only when a topic comes up for someone who's led a questionable life)

Which is pretty hilarious, since THREE of the posts in this thread have just stated "RIP".

Fixed, granted one was posting a release and the others were just basic "Oh never expected" responses.

I will assume you know what you just wrote. The rest of us might be having some issues with comprehending that however.

Did I stutter? Here let me try that again.

Either way, I have no idea why people are even discussing it anymore.

(People are still arguing)

Either you have some kind of value for any human life, or she was a bottom of the barrel attention whore.

(Either you think she deserves this topic, or she doesn't)

There's no need to limit who can post in these topics anyways,

(TOG said that only people who wanted to say RIP should be here)

because there's been royal assholes in the topics for people who had some semblance of reason for any random person on the net to write three letters for them.

(People have been assholes in threads for people who led an ultimately good life, so why limit it only when a topic comes up for someone who's led a questionable life)

Which is pretty hilarious, since THREE of the posts in this thread have just stated "RIP".
Fixed, granted one was posting a release and the others were just basic "Oh never expected" responses.

No you didn't stutter, but when I ask five other people what the fuck your post meant and none of us could decipher it, well, the problem is yours not mine. So quit being a fucking dickhead for no reason.

I feel bad for Anna Nicole's kid, but I couldn't give two shits about her. I must admit, I don't really care about celebrities, especially the media whore types (Anna Nicole/Paris Hilton/Lindsey Lohan ect.) as they are, for the most part, talentless and only in the spotlight for acting like spoiled bitches. Yes, she died, but it was most likely caused by her actions. She fucked up her life and paid the consequences.

Wait, wait...

People being assholes in the past justifies people being assholes now?

I just think it's in terribly bad taste to pick apart a dead woman's life choices while their are people mourning her loss.

but ANS was pretty much worthless, at least from what we saw in the media.

And God knows the media has never painted a person in a negative light.

I'm about to be extremely cold here, but you've effectively said something incredibly stupid in two threads in twenty minutes. Here's the bottom line, as worthless as you think Anna Nicole Smith is, she made a lot of money off people wanting to see her or masturbate to her. She was poor, white trash from Texas that grew up to be a millionaire, that's a hell of a story. She's dead, it's the major new story of the day, so apparently she's not worthless to everyone. Here's the cold part - if you died tomorrow, less than .00001% of the people that know about Anna Nicole Smith would know - much less care - about your death. That's the society we live in, deal with it.

I just think it's in terribly bad taste to pick apart a dead woman's life choices while their are people mourning her loss.

All I'm saying is this. I didn't put her in the situation she was, nor did you. The only person that fucked up her life was her. Her death, if it was caused by the drugs and shit, was due to her fuck ups. I definitely feel for her family, especially her three month old who's never going to see her mother, but ANS was pretty much worthless, at least from what we saw in the media. Maybe it was different, maybe she was a great person and all that junk, but since I never saw that, I can't say anything good about her. Good Riddance.

R.I.P ANS may you find the peace in death you never found in life

Ok I admit I wasn’t a fan of hers or thought he was a great person however the way some people are going on you would think she was a mass murderer-child killer or pedo.

Ok she did drugs she did that to her own body (keep in mind I’m straight edge myself so I am against drug use but I can not and will not tell or judge others for what they choose to do)

She posed nude again it was her body

And so she strumped some 80+ year old guy and until his family kicked up a fuss(who also seem to care more about the cash they they do their dad-grandad-whatever) was in the pipe line for what could of been over 1 billion who the hell wouldn’t of done that.

And how many of us really believe the old guy didn’t know the only reason she even went near him was for his money he bloody well knew and didn’t give a flying fuck he used her just as much he was a 80 odd year old guy with a 20ish bird with big tits on his arm who was willing to fuck him if and when he could get it up

I admit if some old 80+ year old billionaires took a fancy to me and I was going to cop the lot once she popped her clogs I’d be up the aisle faster that a Ultimate Warrior squash match and if the old lass wanted a good seeing to for the money I’d rise to the occasion.

Hell for that much I’d bonk her-her sister and her mother if she was still somehow alive to be honest for a billion in the bank I’d turn gay-bi whatever the hell they wanted I know that may make me sound like an ass but at least I’m honest

Edited by Frederick Jameson

Edited by Anus's Biggest Fan!

Now Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband is saying he might be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby, because he had an affair with her for over a year. And revelations have come to light that she may have tried to commit suicide once or twice in the past.

Personally, I always felt she was nothing more than glorified trailer trash but felt sorry for her....even when the accusations of her being a gold digger were going on....because it was obvious that she was unhappy in life and somewhat unstable.

Now, perhaps they might be slightly baseless to you, but, starting shit in a thread about a woman's death is not any better or any wider by comparison.

Oh fuck that, opinion is opinion and I still think that she was a bottom feeding piece of trash. Feel bad for her newborn all you want, but now the kid might have the chance to have a proper family and not one as messed up as the one that she was born into. She fought for years and got sympathy for trying to steal money from the family of some 95 year old that she married for the money, I mean god.. there's no other way to say it. Call me an asshole if you want, I don't really care... if anyone cares about someone "starting shit" in a thread for a frigging quasi-celebrity then they need to get their priorities in order.

Here's the cold part - if you died tomorrow, less than .00001% of the people that know about Anna Nicole Smith would know - much less care - about your death. That's the society we live in, deal with it.

Now, perhaps they might be slightly baseless to you, but, starting shit in a thread about a woman's death is not any better or any wider by comparison.

so I didn't write this...but I'm reposting it because I couldnt agree with it more

ONLY A FEW HOURS AFTER ANNA NICOLE SMITH DIES, HER NAME AND FACE ARE PLASTERED ALL OVER THE NEWS, THE INTERNET, AND THE RADIO. BECAUSE OF HER FAME AND FORTUNE EVERYONE SEEMS TO ACT LIKE THEYVE KNOWN HER FOR YEARS, AND ARE SO CAUGHT UP WITH THE BULLSHIT BEHIND ALL OF THIS... AND YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS FOR DAYS TO COME...

KNOW WHAT MAKES ME SICK?? THERE ARE SOILDERS DYING FOR YOUR COUNTRY EVERY FUCKING DAY AND THEY GET A BRIEF ..." FOUR MARINES KILLED IN IRAQ TODAY.." ..." ANOTHER PLANE SHOT DOWN KILLING 3 AMERICAN SOILDERS..." AND DOES ANYONE BOTHER TO MAKE NOTE OF THESE MEN AND WOMEN DYING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO BE SAD OVER ANNA NICOLE SMITH? RARELY EVER.

ITS SAD THAT ANNA NICOLE SMITH DIED AT 39.... BUT THERES ALSO ANOTHER 3000+ MEN AND WOMEN DYING AT A MUCH YOUNGER AGE DOING MUCH BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS THAN SELLING TRIM SPA AND HITTING EVER TABLOID IN THE COUNTRY. THEYRE OVER THERE SELFLESS... DIENG FOR THE GOOD OF OUR COUNTRY

ITS SAD THAT ANNA NICOLE SMITH'S SON JUST DIED... BUT THERES MEN AND WOMEN OVER SEAS WHO DONT GET THE PROPER GOODBYES TO FAMILY WHOVE GONE BEFORE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE DEFENDING THE U.S

ITS SAD THAT ANNA NICOLE SMITH IS LEAVING BEHIND A NEWBORN BABY... BUT THERE ARE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE WHO HAVENT SEEN THEYRE SONS, DAUGHTERS, HUSBANDS, WIVES, FRIENDS, AND EXTENDED FAMILY AND THERES A CHANCE THEY MIGHT NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN...

START WATCHING CNN AND SEE WHO THE REAL HEROS ARE IN THIS WORLD... BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH ANNA NICOLE SMITH MADE A FEW HUNDERED SKINNY, THERE ARE MEN AND WOMEN FIGHTING DAY AND NIGHT FOR MILLIONS TO LIVE FREELY IN THE UNITED STATES

I'm not one to wave the flag around, but after I saw this on MySpace I figured I'd post.

Oh God, because the news outlets NEVER cover the war.

Look, you know why people don't talk about individual soldiers dying in combat? Because that's what what a war is, people die. Soldiers know this and accept the risk, that's why they are heroes, they're willing to die for their country. Why aren't all 3,000+ mentioned by name and given the same coverage as Anna Nicole Smith? Because that's not what the military is. It's not about individuals, it's a military. It's a unit designed to be a group of people trained to think and act the same way in a war situation.

Anna Nicole Smith is a well-known celebrity always surrounded by controversy and the media's watchful eye who has died under strange circumstances. Sorry kids, people are going to talk about it, it's the society of celebrity worship that we live in. And it's not just America, it's like that everywhere.

I gotta be honest, and I'm about to go on a rant that's probably going to piss someone off, but I get so fucking tired of the empty gestures from people of "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!" Well what does that mean exactly? What are you (not a specific person, just the people constantly spewing this rhetoric) actually doing to support the troops? "I support the troops," such an easy thing to say, doesn't cost a dime and meanwhile you can go on living your life. I would never say a bad thing about someone in the military going off to fight, that's something I could never have the balls to do. What pisses me off, are these fucking bystanders who wave their flags or put their bumper stickers on their car and then have the nerve to make some bullshit commentary like this. Like we should stop talking about everything else because people in the military are doing what they signed up to do. They knew the risks, they're the ones fighting, they're the heroes. You're some asshole trying to show how awesome you are by living vicariously through them and dicking around on goddamn myspace.

Edited by Zero

I really don't give a fuck about the troops. They do a service. Being one of those ignorant mother fuckers who waive the flag and put on a bumper sticker, that shit is pathetic and I'm not one.

Maybe posting that in particular didn't convey the message I wanted. Then again, how do you go about saying the world is better off with that cuntrag dead and I'm glad she's soon out of the spotlight without getting a warning or at least pissing off a half dozen people.

I know it's a society we live in. I'm fully aware. I fucking hate it. Can I at least say that though?