Best gaming moments.

Summers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Mario Kart 64, me and my dormmates usually have competitions where you go up to a certain number of wins. One night we went up to 10, and at about 6 in the morning we were all tied at 9. Doing Luigi's Raceway it's neck to neck to the finish where all I have is one green shell. My friend pases me with his star around he last corner but just as he is about to cross the finish line I sniped him perfectely with my green shell to take the win in the whole thing. If you star lasted a second longer or if I missed the shot I would have lost for sure.

Talking with YI reminded me of probably mine;

Details are sketchy but it was something like 10-7 to my mate, I staged a three goal comeback in about 20 seconds, only to concede and then score again to send it into Extra time. We fought hard but eventually I bagged the winning goal :).

Slime Soccer. School. Lots of matches.

This one is a bit silly but it was great at the time. It was in Warzone for PS1, the first decent wrestling game since Sega Genesis. Anyway, I created a CAW that was a sort of long lost brother of Kane and the Undertaker, and the three of them so happened to be in a match. It was Kane/Brother vs. Taker/Some guy, the fight is on the outside of the ring, the count is getting near ten, and all at once the three "brothers" hop onto the ring apron simultaneously. It was a funny visual as all three men climbed the apron at the same time in the same manner. The best part is that it was recorded on tape, as me and my friend were doing commentary for the game.

Cheap as hell, but I put prox mines on every respawn point in a GoldenEye death match against my then stepfather. It was just hilarious to see the look on his face as he died the second he respawned.

No real memorable gaming moments, but playing 3-4 man 60 minute deathmatches with my friends on the same game. I think in all of that time, one of us managed to kill a guy by shooting a recently thrown grenade.

An online game of StarCraft against someone else. The map had a river in the middle of it and only two bridges that crossed it, both of which were relatively near each other. Both of us had the sense to create a massive military base on both banks of the river complete with anti-air turrets and several bunkers. We fought to a stalemate for over an hour, neither foray into the enemy's side--whether through the ground or through the air--succeeded. The battle was mainly attack, wait for five minutes to rebuild army, defend, rebuild for five minutes, and so on. Eventually, he managed to Nuke several of my turrets and I couldn't repair them fast enough. A fleet of starships destroyed me. I later learned after watching the replay that there was a certain point about 40 minutes into it where I could have won if I had actually sent an army into his territory at that time.

Not really a 'best' moment but certainly memorable: Playing through Sonic & Knuckles for the first time back in 1994 (as Knuckles). Reached Sky Sanctuary Zone - lolz, Metallix. Kicked the crap out of him. Then he got back up, ran off, and hopped up onto the Master Emerald.

"I don't like the looks of this..."

*SUPER METALLIX*

"HOLY FCKGHFKH."

Seriously, as a nine year old, that one moment when I saw that I had to fight a Super Metallix scared the shit out of me. Somehow that made it awesome. :shifty:

At least the Colonel tells you what to do if you die the first couple of times, and you get a bit of a laugh out of it. It's still a pretty smart idea, and brings forth one of those ridiculous computer game dialogue moments that Metal Gear Solid's full of, where all the actors are trying to sound deadly serious while saying "THE OTHER CONTROLLER PORT, DAMN IT~!"

Follow that up with MGS2 when you're playing as Raiden, running around naked and the Colonel suddenly goes totally random. "Seriously, you have been playing this game a long time now".

That and if you die in the room where all the men keep coming at you, and it makes it look like you're dead but in the small square of action in the corner the game is continuing.

Very smart.

Follow that up with MGS2 when you're playing as Raiden, running around naked and the Colonel suddenly goes totally random. "Seriously, you have been playing this game a long time now".

That and if you die in the room where all the men keep coming at you, and it makes it look like you're dead but in the small square of action in the corner the game is continuing.

Very smart.

h4x.png

When that happened in Flatout, even though I came second because the guy on my bonnet was technically in the lead :shifty: (just behind where the screenie is taken is a bump/jump, and he was going faster than me over it while being right up my ass on the to it ¬_¬).

Edited by Farmer Reil

The bit in MGS where you have to change the controller to port two to stop that Psycho Mantis dude reading your mind.

I still think that was an absolutely ingenious idea, and it was what turned MGS from from being a great game to being an awesome game for me.

All of the boss fights in that game were so awesome. I remember the sense of accomplishment after beating Vulcan Raven, both times.

The fight with the ninja (Gray Fox) was awesome as well. I shot at him a few times and he blocked every shot I took which began to irk me. Finally I said, "fuck it, I'm just going to punch your fucking lights out" and proceeded to have a god damn brawl (and figure out how to defeat the bastard). Of course a chaff grenade would enable you to shoot him, but I didn't figure this out until a second play through.