The 10 Biggest Wankers in Rock

Herr Matzat

What's wrong with Armstrong? I assumed that whenever he came off as a douche it was all for the cameras, because during his more candid moments he seems like a pretty down to Earth (well, as down to Earth you can be for a rockstar), normal guy.

The problem with Billie Joe is that he wants to be the next Bono... And that's enough reason really, let's face it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Smith

Justin Hawkins

Carl Barat

Jack White

You're a wanker <_<

Justin Hawkins can come across as a bit of a knob, but I think it's mostly ironic, he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. Robert Smith can be a bit a bit cock-ish, but nowhee near one of the "10 Biggest Wankers in Rock", he mostly seems fairly down-to-Earth and cool.

Carl Barat, why? He put up with his bandmate fucking his life up, and actually robbing his flat, and God only knows what else, and whoring himself out to the media, while Barat just let the music speak for itself. I can't think of anything he's done to justify his inclusion in that list.

I can't think of anything Jack White's done to justify being called a wanker, other than beating up that fella out of the Von Bondies. And after seeing the photos of him when Jack was done with him, I wouldn't dare call him a wanker >_>

Robert Smith

Justin Hawkins

Carl Barat

Jack White

You're a wanker <_<

Justin Hawkins can come across as a bit of a knob, but I think it's mostly ironic, he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. Robert Smith can be a bit a bit cock-ish, but nowhee near one of the "10 Biggest Wankers in Rock", he mostly seems fairly down-to-Earth and cool.

Carl Barat, why? He put up with his bandmate fucking his life up, and actually robbing his flat, and God only knows what else, and whoring himself out to the media, while Barat just let the music speak for itself. I can't think of anything he's done to justify his inclusion in that list.

I can't think of anything Jack White's done to justify being called a wanker, other than beating up that fella out of the Von Bondies. And after seeing the photos of him when Jack was done with him, I wouldn't dare call him a wanker >_>

Fair enough, none of them are all that bad. They just annoy me sometimes.

I always thought Gene Simmons was a bit of a stuck up twat on rock school.

I'll throw one out. He's been dead for since the early 80's, but John Lennon.

Seriously.

Yeah, he had a lot of interesting ideas during one of the most volitate decades in the 20th century, but the man was no saint. Treats his first born like crap, gets pissed off at Paul....

I could really care less about all the peace movement things he did. For all his preaching, he abandoned his family. Wait to go John.

What's wrong with Armstrong? I assumed that whenever he came off as a douche it was all for the cameras, because during his more candid moments he seems like a pretty down to Earth (well, as down to Earth you can be for a rockstar), normal guy.

The problem with Billie Joe is that he wants to be the next Bono... And that's enough reason really, let's face it.

Not to mention the night Tazz nearly kicked the asses of all three members of Green Day because they were being pricks to a hotel clerk. So far I've agreed with pretty much everyone on this list though I wouldn't really put Bon Jovi on the list. But why Tommy Lee hasn't been mentioned is beyond me.

I'm going to toss Tim McIlrath out there. I really love his music (notably old school Rise Against, The Killing Tree etc.) but he's becoming a bit of a prick and decided to use his new found 'popularity' to shove his political and ethical beliefs down the throats of music fans. Okay, I agree with a fair bit that he says, and there's nothing wrong with broadcasting your beliefs in songs and in videos (i'd rather watch those kind of videos than your mundane shit you see these days), but when they video and song are totally unconnected, then it's really annoying. The fact he used PETA stock clips for the video of "Ready To Fall" really fucking annoys me. It's totally unconnected, and is basically just a way to cram his beliefs down his fans throats. Plus it's not a great song either. :shifty:

Plus I don't think I'll ever forgive him for putting "Swing Life Away" on an album. He's married, it's not as if he did it for the pussy....that I could understand. :shifty:

Edited by YI