Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

I actually won something with Newcastle United ¬_¬ At least us Geordie's will get something, even if it is in my make believe world. I'm half way through my third season and I've progressed as such:-

1st Season

3rd in the Premiership

League Cup Runners-Up to Arsenal

FA CUp Winners against Crewe.

Knocked out of Champions League in 2nd round by Arsenal.

2nd Season

3rd in Premiership, Lost by 2 points on the final day of the season.

Knocked out of FA Cup 6th round by Liverpool.

League Cup winners against Aresnal.

Knocked out of Champion's League Quarter Finfals by Arsenal. (again)

3rd Season

Currently 2nd, 30 games in.

League Cup Winners Against Chelsea.

FA Cup 6th Round, waiting to be played.

Champion's League 2nd Round, knocked out by Real Madrid.

As you can see, I have a big ass rivalry with Aresenal., I've played them 14 times in three seasons, and ive only won twice. Mother Fuckers. :(

Does anyone have the latest Calcio update? If so, can someone send me pl_hist_dt.dat?

It's only ~2mb (when RARed), and I'll be buggered if I'm downloading a 30mb file again just because one file was corrupted!

Edited by Cortez

Useless Ideas of Mine

* Leave MSN Messenger open for file transfer all day?

I did this with a 58mb video file once. Only took 20 hours or so. :shifty:

* Use WinRAR to split it into several 1mb pieces and send it piece by piece via email...making sure that the other person has downloaded the file and deleted the email before sending the next piece, so as to prevent the Inbox from reaching it's limit?

* Upload it onto a website for them to download it from?

...I'm all out.

Alterntively you could just put it on a CD-R and post it to them instead. -_-

The Calcio Update Season 2004/2005 Beta

The beta version of the The Calcio Update 2004/2005 beta is set for release soon.

We have delayed the update for some time to be able to make it even more realistic than ever.

For those who can't wait a beta version will be released within few days.

The beta version won't include all changes for managers and other small things, but will include all transfers of players that we are aware of.

So stay tuned for more info and an update soon. Written by Sonny Sandberg - Saturday September 4th 2004

The Calcio Update Season 2004/2005 Beta

The beta version of the The Calcio Update 2004/2005 beta is set for release soon.

We have delayed the update for some time to be able to make it even more realistic than ever.

For those who can't wait a beta version will be released within few days.

The beta version won't include all changes for managers and other small things, but will include all transfers of players that we are aware of.

So stay tuned for more info and an update soon. Written by Sonny Sandberg - Saturday September 4th 2004

Credit Calcio-update website

Well a few more days then, should be good playing with all the new signings and the likes of Crystal Palace in the Premier league.

In my game I have offloaded Edu for 4.5million he was on loan to I think Valencia for a season and they had a first buy clause so I coudn't turn down the offer. Last season Beattie whom I signed for £14M got player of the year but now I have got Reyes upfront so I'm not to sure who to play upfront with Henry. Looking to buy a world class Right back any one got any good ideas, I have £20M to play with.

The beta version of the Calcio update is now up for download, I think it's about 25mb.

I looked into the options of right backs for Arsenal and I was about to sign Thuram but he turned me and Chelsea down for a move to Deportivo, I but in a bid for Carles Puyol but it got turned down at £15.5m so I will not bother for the moment, I will probally try for him later on in the season if I get a bit more money, So then I put in a bid for Daniele Bonera he has a £6.5m minimum fee release clause in his contract so I have put in the bid, just waiting for it to be accepted and then I'll offer him a contract.

My squad looks pretty strong this season and hopefully I can take the league and at least another domestic trophey with me come the end of the season. I think the main problem I had last season was players getting injured and not having enough cover and also the main players were becoming tired to easily and sine the cover was not great we suffered. So here is hoping to a great season ahead.

I'm using the Evolution update I got off TheDugout.net and it rawks. I started out with Newcastle and the Spanish & Italian Leagues playing in the background. The update really did a good job bringing forward some very good young talent. I immediately looked at my squad and realised that I did not like it very much. So right off the bat, I got rid of Alan Shearer for 1.1M to Arsenal (OH THE FANS WE'RE NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS ONE), then I sold Michael Chopra to Flamengo for 1.7M, Shola Ameobi to Parma for 2.5M. That left me with Craig Bellamy and Patrick Kluivert. I had a seasoned strike force at my disposal with those 2, but I knew I needed more, so I snatched up Robinho for a cool 5.5M and then I tried to bring Carlos Tevez to play with us. Our early attempts were shrugged off, but I was persistent. I finally got Boca to agree over a deal worth 24M with 14M paid up front. My midfield was lacking too, so I went into the transfer market again. This time taking Stephane Dalmat from Inter Milan for 5.25M and I managed to get Esteban Cambiasso on loan for the whole season. I was really happy about this because he was a good passer with good flair and creativity, something Nicky Butt was not. With the signing of Dalmat, I felt no need for Laurent Robert so I sent him to Barcelona for 4.6M. I sent James Milner into the U-19s because I felt that he was not ready for first team action. I couldn't do much with my defense, but I felt that it was strong enough for the moment. On opening day my line-up looked like this:

----------------Given------------------

Carr---Bramble---O'Brien---Hughes

-------------Cambiasso---------------

Jenas---------------------------Dalmat

-----------------Dyer-------------------

--------Kluivert--------Robinho------

We beat Crystal Palace 1-0 away thanks to Jenas. We remained unbeaten the next 6 league games and were in first place. The other "big" clubs were struggling very much, Chelsea got off to a horrible start, they could not find the net, only winning 2 out of 7. Man Utd were chasing our tails early on, but they kinda buggered off later on, Liverpool were really struggling as they could not adjust to their new 4-3-2-1 formation. Needless to say I was in the clear for most of the first half of the season. During the transfer market window, I decided to re-enforce my defense with a Peruvian defender by the name of Pablo Ore. I liked what he had done during his national showings and also for his club. Of course, the Peruvian league is nowhere near any of the European leagues, so I was taking a risk. I managed to sign him for only 200K. I immediately threw him in the first team, which was a mistake, his form was way off what I expected, so I sent him down to the U-19s to gain some experience. I called him back up after a couple of games and he began to show some promise. The season was coming to an end, but what was that? Arsenal were only 1 point behind me? When the fuck did that happen? I still had 2 games in hand, but them sneaking up on me wasn't a nice surprise. The season was getting closer and closer to its end. I would have to play Arsenal one last time before the season was over, that would be the victory that clinched the title or the defeat that would lose it. The Arsenal game was approaching fast and I knew that I would need my squad to really step it up, but OH NO!! . . . Kieron Dyer, perhaps our best offensive player of the year tore his groin muscle 3 days before the big game. Carlos Tevez would have to step in and play a role he hadn't played all year. I felt confident going in and that was always good. We got off to a flying start with Bellamy finding the net early. The game dragged on, but at the 30 minute mark, Thierry Henry equalized. We went to halftime and I made no substitutions. The game progressed and it was pretty dull. UNTIL . . . Shearer receives a low pass in the area, he shoots, but Given is there . . . the ball bounces off his chest, Shearer controls the ball . . . the net is wide open, he shoots . . . HE SCORES. 2-1 Arsenal. I was pretty upset about that goal. The game ended and we lost. 2-1. There was no time to dwell on our loss, the next game would be against Aston Villa and we would need to win it in order to have a chance at winning the title. We beat Villa 4-0, then we went to Liverpool and outclassed them 1-0. The final game would be against the struggling Chelsea. Eventhough they were not in enjoying a good table position, they had been on a killer winning streak of 8 games. I was also intimidated by the fact that last time we faced them in the League Cup, we got our asses handed to us 5-0. This was not gonna be an easy game. We kicked off and the game pretty much was a stalemate. Arsenal, who had just lost to Manchester United giving us back our one point lead, were pouding Portsmouth 4-0 at half. The game seemed to be destined for a draw and for us to lose out on the title. BUT we would not give up. During the last 15 minutes, we started hammering their goal with 2 shots off the bar and 5 just going wide. We finally broke through in the 87th minute. Thanks to Craig Bellamy's deflected shot past Cudicini. The title was ours. After 76 years, Newcastle had won the English Premiership. We had also advanced into the finals of the UEFA Cup against the almighty Porto. They had been demolishing teams left and right. Winning by a margin of 3 goals or more in each of their last 7 UEFA Cup games. I was nervous going agaisnt them, but I knew I could take them. And we did. We murdered them 6-2, their biggest defeat of the entire tournament. So we had done the double and I couldn't be any happier.

It was a hell of ride in my first season, but we were succesful. So now I'm entering my second season and looking to retain my English Premiership title and maybe even winning the European Champions League.

i didnt use calcio so dont know

in my newcastle game im doing ok im 3rd in the league behind arsenal and man utd about 4 points off the top after 15 games. im in the 4th round of carling cup after a 4-0 demolition of chester. uefa cup we are in 2nd rnd after beating maccabi telaviv 10-0 on agg in 2nd round got sporting went 1-0 down but robert equalised with a free kick, some guy scored for them and then viana got a free kick going into half time i was 3-1 down, robert in 70th min scored a free kick to keep us in it, with 10 minutes to go robert then set up bellamy to give us 3-3 i was relieved then dyer in the 89th min had a amazing run and smashed ball home and i won 4-3!

I say you bid for Robinho . . . and Tevez WILL get a work permit, your first attempt will fail, but if you appeal, he'll get one. Also if you want someone else, try to buy Azar Karadas. He's a good Norwegian striker that'll get you a lot of goals. Another option is to try and sign Alberto Gilardino from Parma, it might be difficult but if you're persistent, they'll give in. Oh yeah, check for Crespo's asking price while you're playing, it'll keep dropping and you can eventually get him for around 5M, which is what I'm getting him for, of course that's after his loan expires, but it'll be worth it.