Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

Ok, had a season at Old Trafford, but soon got bored of that.

Started at Wolves. I'm about a week off the transfer deadline, and need a striker quick. Based on what Stokerino has said, I tried to sign Balaban. His asking price was £1.9M. I offered £1.5M, Villa said they wanted £1.6M, which I offered, they rejected. I checked, and he is no longer available, and I made an enquiry, and they won't sell him at any price. *shakes fist at David O'Leary*. So, I need a cheap striker for the Premiership quick!!! Please help :)

Btw, Wolves so far in the Prem - played 3, Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 2, For 2, Against 6.

Its gonna be a long, long season.............

Started at Wolves. I'm about a week off the transfer deadline, and need a striker quick. Based on what Stokerino has said, I tried to sign Balaban. His asking price was £1.9M. I offered £1.5M, Villa said they wanted £1.6M, which I offered, they rejected. I checked, and he is no longer available, and I made an enquiry, and they won't sell him at any price. *shakes fist at David O'Leary*. So, I need a cheap striker for the Premiership quick!!! Please help :)

Btw, Wolves so far in the Prem - played 3, Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 2, For 2, Against 6.

Just loan someone. Anyone. Check the transfer lists for strikers available for loan, and try the top few from the list. It's a lot more likely to go through than a transfer.

...He says that, having tried for about a dozen loans, and only landed 2 of them. :shifty: But then, I'm not a Premiership club...

Edit: Update on Lincoln's 3rd Division status:

Played 13; Won 6; Drawn 2; Lost 5; For 13; Against 11 - Position 10th

That seems more like it...

Edited by stokeriño

I was robbed...ROBBED I TELL YOU!!!!! :angry:

There I was, on the verge of sealing the GREATEST COMEBACK OF ALL TIME, when in the 122nd minute of Extra Time (yes, there isn't meant to be 122 minutes of extra time), Pires does a long ball over to Bergkamp - who is MILES offside - and the Offside Flag turns up in the corner of the screen. However, no whistle is blown, and I sit there as I watch Bergkamp continue to run into the box, and score. I wait for it to be called as disallowed...but it never comes.

Obviously I was never going to win on penalties...and I may have received £287,032 in gate receipts from the game (over double what I make in a month), but I was still SCREWED dammit. :angry:

4118bd0dbb450.jpg

I was robbed...ROBBED I TELL YOU!!!!! :angry:

There I was, on the verge of sealing the GREATEST COMEBACK OF ALL TIME, when in the 122nd minute of Extra Time (yes, there isn't meant to be 122 minutes of extra time), Pires does a long ball over to Bergkamp - who is MILES offside - and the Offside Flag turns up in the corner of the screen. However, no whistle is blown, and I sit there as I watch Bergkamp continue to run into the box, and score. I wait for it to be called as disallowed...but it never comes.

Obviously I was never going to win on penalties...and I may have received £287,032 in gate receipts from the game (over double what I make in a month), but I was still SCREWED dammit. :angry:

({) there there, stokey. I've lost count how many times CM has screwed me over in various ways. I think Saliva summed it up best when they sang 'I love you, I hate you, I just can't live without you'.

Allback is good, I got him for £1.5 from Villa. I was Wolves too, at the time.

YI I :wub: you! :shifty:

Thought I'd have one last stab at Balaban, and got him for £1.9M, and he got a hat-trick on his debut, and one in his next game. Cheers man!

Thanks also Summer's, I'll look into him in the January transfer window.

Edited by timmayy

No, Aldershot suck :shifty:

Well, my Millwall game went the way of my Rotherham game in my third season. But first a round up of my 2nd season.

Towards the end of the season Tim Cahill started netting quite a few, putting his total up to 11 by the end. Balaban also started scoring goals and finished on 15. Neil Harris consistantly finished, giving him a total of 25 at the end of the season (3rd top scorer in the Premiership). I also managed to reach the FA Cup Final, where I faced Everton. I'd faced Everton 3 times before (Once in the cup last year) and I currently stood 0-2-1 (W/L/D). Radzinski put them 1-0 up after 13 mins, Balaban hit back and equalised on 18 mins. I then took a 2-1 lead in the second half as Tim Cahill scored from the spot on 50 mins. Everton came back as Yakubu scored on 63 mins. With 10 mnutes left, Debbis Wise (Who I brought on as a sub for David Livermore) struck a long ranger into the net. It was like the Last game of the season last year, Wise clinching the winner, he might be 38 and his tats gone to shit, but his 1/2 goal(s) he scores a season are scored at perfect times. So they push 4 men up front with a 2-4-4 formation. And there's a good 3 minutes of solid pressure from them, but I counter attack. It's Harris and Balaban with only 1 defender and the keeper. Harris lays it off an Balaban drives it home for 4-2 on 86 mins. I WON THE FA CUP! I don't care I dropped to 14th in the league. At least I won something :D

Things were looking up, my team was getting stronger next year, with the £3million signing (Compensation) of Milan Baros, but this leaves one thing, where does Balaban fit in (Harris is far too loved to be dropped, the fans absolutely adore him, he's been a star player for 2 and a half years, even when injured). I also decided I needed to strengthen my defence, so I brought in Aaron Hughes for £950 k (He was cheap, wasn't the best signing though). After spending two years as a defender, this allowed for me to move Steven Reid to his preferred position of midfield. Despite not playing in his number 1 position, he had leaped in value from £1mil to £7mil in one season. Other notable price risers were, Lionel Morgan (Who's become an England World Cup Qualifyer Regular) who I bought for £550k, is now worth a whopping £17.5mil. IN 2 SEASONS! (And he's only been regular for one, he only played about 13/14 games in Div 1). Tim Cahill, despite still not getting an Australian cap, is now worth £10mil, Neil Harris £7.5mil and England capped Paul Iffil, £12.25mil. It's going to br a bugger keeping all those players on. So to begin my third season, I extended everyones contracts to 2010, making sure I had a strong side. Dennis Wise who is now 39, still hasn't retired, despite claiming he was going to 2 years ago :shifty: I cleaned out my squad of the useless reserve guys. (Somebody actually signed Kevin Muscat!?!)

My season was going good, my strikers were comfortably scoring (Other than Baros) but my defence was still weak. So in the January transfer window I brought in the right back Moses Sichone for £950k, who the fans seemed to love. Then for next summer, I set for Bobby Zamora and Gareth Barry to join the club on free transfers. And I was negotiating a £14million fee with Chelsea for Milan Baros to leave in the summer (He was assisting, but wasn't scoring, he had like 3 goals in 16 appearences, and 2 were scored in 1 match). He'd refused to sign a new deal (Contract runs out next season) so I might as well get money on him, I have 3 competent strikers waiting to take his place. The incoming Bobby Zamora, Cherno Samba (20 Year old, trained through youth regime), and some 17 year old England School boy (Forgotten his name) who also has come through my training ranks. But my computer crashed once again whilst saving, so my game file got corrupted, RIP Millwall. Oh, I also beat Chelsea in the Community Shield, 4-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw. I converted my first 4 penalties (Cahill, Reid, Harris, Iffil - Baros would have been my 5th penalty taker). When my game crashed I was currently 8th in the league, mostly due to my weak defence (I would throw away games like nobodies business), I had a goal difference of +23 after 24 games. With a W/L/D record of 10/12/2. Also, in that half a season, after some top notch performances Steven Reid was now worth £13.5mil, i'd never had a team worth so much :):(

Speaking of how much teams are worth, just a little comparison between my two games...

(Values include senior squad members only)

Lincoln City (3rd Division)

* Highest Valued Player = Paul Morgen (DC, 25) - £160,000

* Lowest Valued Player = About 12 players each worth £16,000

* Total Squad Value = £782,000

Chelsea (Premiership)

* Highest Valued Player = Adrian Mutu (FC, 25) - £39,000,000

* Lowest Valued Player = Marcel Desailly (D/DMC, 36) - £85,000

* Total Squad Value = £239,035,000

You gotta love it...

• 2 weeks later...

Aldershot is a pretty random team to be aint it?

Does anyone ever bother changing the Training programme? Ive never really touched on the Training mode, so wondered if there any suggestions on ways to improve the default training programme i have with Arsenal.

Guest The Real Deal

Hey guys I started off as Chelsea played there for seven years and got sacked cause I was bullying Claude Makelele are so the board think, well I wanted to offload him as I needed to slash my wage budget and this guy was getting 60,000 a week for sitting in the reserves.

I then became manager of Aston Villa and have done well with them got them 5th in the league after 2 seasons, Going into my 4th season I won the league cup but came 12th and was fired.

Im in season 2011/2012 so whats the furthest you've gone?

And im getting bored now so any suggestions on who'd be fun to manage?

I got to something like 2009/2010 and then my game screwed up.

Currently looking for a team to be, they need to be in quick start since my game wont work properly with new game, think its something to do with the editor but meh.

Also about training, try adding in some overloading (defensives) and then a couple of (attacking) on the left and right columns and in the middle shooting, heading and technique, that normally gets the bars quite high.

Guest The Real Deal

TheArsenal I got fired from Chelsea because I didn't get along with Makelele I wouldn't have got fired if I didn't constantly fine him I did this all the time in 01/02 to get rid of players that I didn't want and no one would buy him.

I got fired from Villa because I had way exceeded the clubs expectations in my 3rd season they wanted me to stay clear of relegation and I finished 5th. My top players left on free transfer simply because I didn't have the wage budget to renew their contract and Villa then finished 12th the following season the board wanted a European place I got it through the league cup but that wasn't good enough.

Erm, i have an erro i wondered of anyone could help me.

When i go to training, a erro message comes on my screen and the game quits. I think it is something to do with the update i just installed on the game