Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

Well after my aforementioned appointment as England manager/resignation from Chelsea, I actually went back to a previous save game (why I had one in the first place, I'm not sure), and reapplied to Chelsea. So, three days after leaving the job, I was back in - and now managing both Chelsea and England in that perculiar way that CM allows you to. Huzzah!

Took me a while to locate and sort out all the SHIT that my Assistant Manager Gwyn Williams did during my three day absence. Putting three of my four goalkeepers on the transfer list. Sending Gronkjaer down to the reserves. Trying to sell a number of my good players for crap prices. Anyway, after managing that, I sold a number of people who weren't getting a game, and brought a couple in:

PLAYERS OUT:

Eidur Gudjohnsen, to Valencia for £10m

Winston Bogarde, Released on Free Transfer

Emmanuel Petit, to Everton on Free Transfer

Boudewijn Zenden, to Manchester United for £6m

Celestine Babayaro, to Birmingham for £2.5m

Joel Kitamirike, to Tottenham for £675k

Claude Makelele, to Manchester United for £3m plus Roy Keane

Juan Sebastian Veron, to Newcastle United for £14m

PLAYERS IN:

Edgar Davids, from Juventus for £15m

Roy Keane, from Manchester United in Part Exchange for Claude Makelele

I want another Worldclass centre back or right winger but no-one will sell to me. :angry: In any case, my squad is now as thus:

(Starting XI in bold)

Marco Ambrosio GK

Carlo Cudicini GK

Jurgen Macho GK

Neil Sullivan GK

William Gallas D RLC

Geremi D/DM RC

Glen Johnson D RC

Mario Melchiot D/DM RC

Paulo Ferreira D R

Wayne Bridge D/M L

Marcel Desailly D/DM C

Robert Huth D C

Lúcio D C

John Terry D C

Edgar Davids DM LC

Roy Keane DM C

Alexi Smertin DM C (transfer listed)

Jesper Gronkjaer AM RL

Joe Cole AM LC

Damien Duff AM L

Frank Lampard AM C

Zinedine Zidane AM C

Filipe Oliveira F RC

Adrian Mutu F C

Carlton Cole S C

Hermán Crespo S C

Mikael Forssell S C

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink S C (transfer listed)

Yeah, that's right. Roy Keane's come in just to sit on the bench. This makes me feel surprisingly happy. :shifty:

I lost 1-0 to Arsenal in the Community Shield. My first league game of the season will be at The Valley, with Barcelona in the Super Cup a couple of weeks later. Ought to be good. ^_^

Edit: Oh, and I've got odds of 7-4 to win the Premiership. Joint favourites with BOTH Arsenal and Manchester United. Guess that means it should be a close season.

Edited by stokeriño

I think you overpaid for Davids, you should've gone for someone younger. Cambiasso or someone like that. Just my opinion, cuz he tends to rule in most of my games.

I think you overpaid for Davids, you should've gone for someone younger. Cambiasso or someone like that. Just my opinion, cuz he tends to rule in most of my games.

I know I overpaid for Davids - but then, I still have £58m transfer fees. I could care less...

And actually Cambiasso was one of my first choices (*shakes fist at Real Madrid*). But people don't seem to be listening to money quite as much these days.

2 games left to go in prem and 4 points clear of man utd i have sunderland H and WBA A in my last two games who are 18th and 19th in league, sunderland need to win to stay up where as WBA are screwed. Pazzini and Kanoute have been great upfront getting 42 between them. I facing arsenal in fa cup final and i have up next semi final 2nd leg of champ league against dinamo kiev i won 3-1 in kiev.

good luck, but don't slack off against Sunderland or WBA, bastards cost me a perfect season. well actually just Sunderland, but WBA are tough to play away.

Well in my Leicester game I have managed to slump to scoring just two points in the last two months. It's February and I am two points above the drop zone in 15th place. Brought in Numan at the back for a run while Mawene off Derby has also come into the reserves.

Noticable results:

Everton (5) 6 vs 0 (0) Leicester

Birmingham (1) 3 - Savage '6, Kirovski '46, Morrison '63

Leicester (1) 3 - Scowcroft '45 '90, (Thatcher sent off '67), Hignett '90

That last game was for my only point of January...boy did we have to work for that.

Also got Kevin Lisbie coming in on a free at the end of the season while Muzzy Izzet is going out on a free to seemingly Division 1 bound Fulham.

Might as well post the current table:

1. Man Utd

2. Arsenal

3. Aston Villa

4. Chelsea

5. Middlesbrough

6. Liverpool

7. Newcastle

8. Charlton

9. Tottenham

10. Everton

11. Portsmouth

12. Birmingham

13. Leeds - 26pts

14. Wolves - 25pts

15. LEICESTER - 24pts

16. Bolton - 23pts

17. Southampton - 23pts

18. Fulham - 22pts

19. Man City - 21pts

20. Blackburn - 18pts

Its close at the bottom, is there any chance I can win a game this month to avoid being in trouble *cries* oh well I hope I can survive religation.

u might wanna ask the board for more time . . . my fulham game was going down the shitter real quick, but i was still in a decent 13th, but they sacked me anyways.

Oh I don't have to worry about the board, the fans and chairman are extremly pleased about how I am doing as the manager. When you play as Leicester you will more times than not hold your job even if you get religated - but thats what I am worried about, I dont want to get religated! lol.

I'm nearing the end of the 03/04 season and I drew Bayern Munich in the Champions League. I lost 2-0 in the away leg so naturally I thought it was all over for me, but in the 2nd leg I managed to win, and win in stylee. I gor a 6-2 win, making it 6-4 on aggregate and sending me through to face Betis in the semi's, and they were in my group and I drew with them one time and beat them the other, so I'm hoping they won't be a problem. I'm third in the Premiership with little hope of getting any higher.

i won the league and in the fa cup i beat Arsenal on penalties i then faced Juventus in champs league final and won on penalties to!

Treble was mine!

World Cup 2006 broguht a suprise in the fact Chile made it to the final before losing out to France, England finished 4th.

Summer transfer activity

in: Carlo Cudicini free - i needed a good keeper as my no1 departed

Stefan Moore 1.5Mill - good striker, one for the future

Out:Jeffers 2.2Mill Everton - didn't need him

Harte 2Mill Southampton - same as jeffers

Yakubu 5mill Aston Villa - didnt make a big impact low in pecking order

Robinson 8Mill Chelsea - not a bad price for him got double what he was worth shame to see him go though!

ive got 29mill to spend any suggestions who i should get? im in 06/07 season.

*sigh*

I got to the final of the Champions League, and lost 2-1 to Juventus. I played better, and it hurt like hell. I had my FA Cup victory to fall back on though. Here is the team that got me third in the Premiership, to the CL Final and won the FA Cup:

GK: Helton

DR: Phil Neville

DC: Rio Ferdinand

DC: Gary Neville

DL: Mikael Silvestre

DMC: Patrick Viera

MR: David Beckham

ML: Ryan Giggs

MC: Juan Veron

FC: Ronaldinho

FC: Ruud Van Nistelrooy

I've always been a guy that concentrates more on attackers, and I know I had a weak defence that let me down a bit, so I've brought in Dede to make it a bit more solid. Also Kaka has been brought in as a 22 year old prospect and to improve the front line.

Take into a count that I'm playing this on CM4, not CM03/04, so in this game Veron is a god, Beckham is still at United, and so on.

EDIT: Oh, and also I've just been offered and accepted the Croatia job to take alongside my duties at United. It should provide an interesting challenge as the nation expect me to qualify with ease for the WC and I have Wales and Czech Republic in my group.

Edited by Jonny D

Well my Leicester game goes from bad to worse, mid february and after two draws in seven games and five losses we are bottom of the Barclaycard Premiership. Tragically our form has turned around recently and we deserved to win about three of the games we lost.

The bottom is close through, one win would move a team into 17th, that win has to come soon or else its back to Division 1 *sobs*

2006/2007

started off with charity shield against Man Utd, Kilgallon got sent off in 12th minute and old player Pennant converted penalty (last time he played againt us we broke his leg, damn traitor) we didnt give up and reverted to a 3-3-3 formation and lionel morgan scored in the 64th min and we got to penalties.

Pennant MISSED

Pazzini SCORED

Nevins MISSED

Johnson MISSED

Solksjaer SCORED

Morgan SCORED

Nakata MISSED

Richardson SCORED

we won 3-1 on pens!

6 games into the prem heres the results so far

Middlesoborogh H 6-0 Kanoute (3) Pazzini Oliseh Milner

Newcastle A 2-1 Pazzini (2)

Charlton H 2-1 K Miller (2)

Blackburn A 3-0 Oliseh Kanoute K Miller

Arsenal H 3-0 Kanoute (2) Pazzini

Man City A 1-0 Pazzini

after 6 games we are top on goal difference as Southampton also won all 6 of their games so far.

We lost in European Super Cup to Arsenal 1-0.

Champs :eague group is PAO, Red Star (knocked out arsenal in qualifying round) and PSV.

First game played beat red star at home 3-0 Miller got 2 and Kanoute scored

haha nice! Im into my seaosn a bit more after 4 champ league games im 2nd behind PSV who i lost 2-1 to Van Bommel 90th min free kick :|.

In the league cup I knocked out Southampton on penalties and have Chesterfield at home next round. Im first in the league after 10 games winning 9 and drawing once (away to liverpool they had a 90th min penalty).

Top Scorer so far is Kanoute with 13, he has scored 11 leage goals in 7 games and has a avr of 9.14 with 3 assists and 6 MOM.

Pazzini is catching him up with 9 and Kevin Miller with 8. Bellion was awesome but is tailing off.