Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

Well, after months of stalling, i've eventually continued my "legendary" Rotherham game. Played 10 games (Including 2nd Round League Cup Tie, which I lost on penalties to Dag & Red, fucking Richard Rufus :angry:). I'm doing a lot better than previous seasons. Bret Ormerod has 6 goals in 10 but his strike partner, Steven Gillespie unfortunately can't find the form that kept me from relegation, as he is yet to score a goal (Last season he had 12 in 21 as well as 11 assists) bu when you think about it, there's no way he could live up to that.

I play as Scarborough and I am currently first in the English Conference. I have he top goal scorer, Chris Senior, with 30. I recently had a very interesting games. I was down 6-1 to Dag & Red at halftime. The final score was 6-6. Great comeback by my team.

Just a question. Do any of you guys use lower league teams? Such as Scarborough.

Well, been as I just recently used me "brain" and lost my CM 03/04 disc in which I had a very good game going with Boston United I've decided to go back to playing CM4. It's a bit of a nice change, been as I know all of the good players on it and decided to go for Man United so I could get them all. I'm in January and am top of the table and am still in all competitions.

I finished my first season as Chelsea, and it was far too easy for it's own good:

* Won the Premiership, with Arsenal 9 points behind in 2nd, and Man Utd a further 13 points or so behind that.

* Won the FA Cup, beating Southampton 2-1 in the final.

* Won the Champions League, beating Arsenal 4-1 in the final.

* Got to the final of the League Cup, where I lost 3-0 to Arsenal.

* Aside from the aforementioned League Cup Final, I was unbeaten all season in all competitions.

* Won Manager of the Year

* Hernan Crespo won Player of the Year, and the Premiership's Golden Boot with 33 goals. He scored a total of 49 goals in all competitions.

Usual Starting Eleven:

GK Carlo Cudicini

DR Mario Melchiot

DL Wayne Bridge

DC William Gallas

DC Lucio

MR Jesper Gronkjaer

ML Damien Duff

MC Claude Makelele

MC Zinedine Zidane

FC Herman Crespo

FC Adrian Mutu

Anyway, due to the severe ease of this season (and suddenly being given another £50m transfer fees to play with), I thought I couldn't be doing with this shit anymore. Therefore when the England manager job came up (Sven got them to the Quarter Finals of Euro 2004 where they lost to...uh...Portugal) I applied, and got the job. Thinking "I can't be bothered with dealing with both Chelsea and the England job", I subsequently RESIGNED from Chelsea.

I am now deeply regretting this decision.

In other news, Man Utd sacked Alex Ferguson, who then became manager of Newcastle United (god knows what happened to Bobby). And Chelsea? After my resignation they hired...Sven! Ack, the bitter irony.

God damn I'm an idiot. <_<

Edited by stokeriño

Nothing yet. I don't have a match until late September (the first qualifier for World Cup 2006 against Macadonia. The toughest team in my group is Austria. Yawn.) I started skipping ahead the weeks but fell asleep at some point suring mid August. :shifty: That was yesterday, didn't play it today.

However, having now turned Champ Man on, I can have a look.

First, let's see how Sven was handling it. I can remember having a look and thinking how none of my English players were in the squad and wanting to bitchslap him.

His starting lineup in Euro 2004 was as thus:

GK Chris Kirkland

DR Gary Neville

DL Wayne Bridge (oh so he did finally pick one of my players. Damn straight.)

DC Sol Campbell

DC Rio Ferdinand

MR David Beckham

ML Paul Konchesky

MC Jermaine Jenas

MC Owen Hargreaves

FC Darius Vassell

FC Wayne Rooney

Subs:

Richard Wright

Paul Scholes

Steven Gerrard

Ashley Cole

Michael Owen

Joe Cole

Jonathon Woodgate

I certainly have one or two major issues with that team (Paul f'n Konchesky?! Gerrard on the bench?!) And I think I'll now try to work out my starting lineup. I'll edit it in here later.

EDIT: And my England first XI, roughly decided upon in five minutes is:

GK: Paul Robinson (I know from experience what a bitch he is to score against, and he did win the Premiership Young Player of the Year)

DR Gary Neville

DL Ashley Cole

DC Sol Campbell

DC Rio Ferdinand

MR David Beckham

ML Wayne Bridge (just as godly in ML as in DL)

MC Joe Cole

MC Steven Gerrard

FC Wayne Rooney

FC James Beattie

I think with a team like that I might just be able to scrape my way past the likes of Austria, Macadonia, and Luxembourg and claw my way into World Cup 2006. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Well, been as I lost my CM 03/04 like I said earlier, but in mid December I remembered about the patches, and updated to 4.0.8. This caused all sorts of problems, along with crashing every time I went to the training screen and crashing after every 15 mins of play. About mid January, I got sick of it all and started a new game, so we'll see how this goes.

i just got sacked from Fulham after losin 5 straight. It's alright though, Chelsea are insecure about Ranieri and they might sack him and when they do, i'll be there with arms wide open . . . :shifty:

i took over as my reputation pushed Ranieri out the door. I took over with 2 games left in the 04/05 season. Lost badly against Liverpool away 4-0, but i beat Newcastle 2-0 at home in the last game. Chelsea finished 5th. My former team, Fulham finished in 15th, but they'll probably improve. the bastards. I fixed their bank, I invested for the future, and brought in some good free talent and that's how i get repaid, by getting the boot.:( i'll show them!!! *shakes fist*

I miss them . . . :(

Edited by 17

Guest Mr McFarlane

(01/02) Thank god Real Madrid was doing shit, I'm Pompey and I despratly needed a player to boost us out of Relegation so I check Real Madrid to see who's pissed off over there.

Long story short I bagged Figo for $10m since Real Madrid was dead last at the time and most of the players were pissed.

03/04 with once again the foxes (Leicester for idoits)

Sold:

Matthew Jones - Norwich - £120,000

Frank Sinclair - Reading - £95,000

Gerry Taggart - Reading - £70,000

Keith Gillespie - Preston - £80,000

Transfer Listed:

Muzzy Izzet (wages too high - contract not renewed)

Les Ferdinand (playing crap - Brian Deane doing a better job)

Paul Brooker (didn't renew contract)

Matt Elliott (wages too high)

Marcus Bent (loaned in, Ipswich have him on transfer)

Bought:

Georgi Kinkladze - Free Agent - Free Transfer

Youssef Chippo - Free Agent - Free Transfer

Arnar Gunnlaugsson - Whoever he plays for - Free Transfer (joins 1st Nov 2003)

Nigel Reo-Coker - Wimbledon - £200,000

Intrest In:

Steve Guppy - Celtic - Turned down contract offer

Steffan Freund - Whoever - Fee not agreed

Theo Zagorakis - Athens - Fee not agreed

Current Squad (August 2003):

1. Ian Walker

2. Andrew Impey

5. Craig Hignett

6. Muzzy Izzet

7. Nigel Reo-Coker

8. Lilian Nalis

9. Les Ferdinand

10. James Scowcroft

11. Jordan Stewart

12. Paul Brooker

13. Georgi Kinkladze

14. Callum Davidson (injured)

15. Alan Rogers

16. Danny Coyne

18. Matt Elliott

19. Youssef Chippo

20. Trevor Benjamin

21. Riccardo Scimeca

22. Paul Dickov

24. Steve Howey

25. Matt Heath

27. Brian Deane

29. John Curtis

32. Billy McKinlay

33. Ben Thatcher

38. Marcus Bent

The Premiership Games - August 2003

Saturday 16th August 2003

Walker's Stadium - 32,482

LEICESTER (0) 1 - Marcus Bent '63

ARSENAL (1) 4 - Sylvain Wiltord '45, Dennis Bergkamp '61, Robert Pires '78, Simone Perrotta pen '90

Lineup (4-4-2): 1. Walker, 29. Curtis ©, 33. Thatcher, 21. Scimeca, 25. Heath, 5. Hignett, 8. Nalis, 6. Izzet, 32. McKinlay, 22. Dickov, 27. Deane

Subs Used: Marcus Bent, Youssef Chippo & Alan Rogers

Wednesday 20th August 2003

City of Manchester Stadium - 36,230

MAN CITY (0) 1 - Dijbril Cisse '53

LEICESTER (1) 3 - Brian Deane '35 - Paul Dickov '46 '81

Lineup (4-4-2): 1. Walker, 29. Curtis ©, 33. Thatcher, 21. Scimeca, 24. Howey, 5. Hignett, 8. Nalis, 6. Izzet, 32. McKinlay, 22. Dickov, 27. Deane

Subs Used: Georgi Kinkladze

Saturday 23rd August 2003

Walker's Stadium - 32,373

LEICESTER (0) 1 - Brian Deane '60

BIRMINGHAM (0) 0 - (Christophe Duggary sent off 86)

Lineup (4-4-2): 1. Walker, 29. Curtis ©, 33. Thatcher, 21. Scimeca, 24. Howey, 5. Hignett, 8. Nalis, 6. Izzet, 32. McKinlay, 22. Dickov, 27. Deane

Subs Used: Marcus Bent & Jordan Stewart

Saturday 30th August 2003

Molineux - 28,516

WOLVES (0) 0

LEICESTER (0) 1 - Brian Deane '56

Lineup (4-4-2): 1. Walker, 29. Curtis ©, 33. Thatcher, 21. Scimeca, 24. Howey, 5. Hignett, 8. Nalis, 6. Izzet, 32. McKinlay, 20. Benjamin, 27. Deane

Subs Used: Alan Rogers, Nigel Reo-Coker & Paul Dickov

August Premiership Table (31/8/03):

1. Liverpool

2. LEICESTER

3. Aston Villa

4. Man Utd

5. Arsenal

6. Newcastle

7. Middlesbrough

8. Birmingham

9. Leeds

10. Tottenham

11. Blackburn

12. Charlton

13. Wolves

14. Man City

15. Chelsea

16. Fulham

17. Everton

18. Portsmouth

19. Southampton

20. Bolton

Not a bad start already 1/4 of my way to my 40 points season target, and not to mention second in the Prem! Wow, Brian Deane has been excellent and has really proven his worth to the club (thus the lack of Les Ferdinand needed). Looks good.

Right, after my first season at Manchester United I finished third, twenty points behind Arsenal who came top. I didn't but any new players for the starting line up, but some of the prospects I invested in include: Fabio Paim, Freddy Adu, Julius Agahowa, Alezander Fanarud, David Norris, Farid Takarit, Lenny Walker, and David Cassidy. I was planning on buying Zidane in the Summer but he wouldn't accept my contract, I offered him £100,000pw but he still said it wasn't enough. I've settled for Ronaldinho instead, so this season as my youngsters get better and I get Ronaldinho hopefully I should do better than last time around.

after finishing 2nd in the prem in season 2 and losing the fa cup final to spurs 1-0 im in my 3rd season desperate to win a trophy.

summer transers were-

OUT

Pennant 7.5Mill Man Utd

Davis 11Mill Man Utd

both were min release fees

IN

Pazzini Free Atalanta

Kanoute 8.25Mill Roma

Wrigt-Phillips 1.5Mill Lazio

Jeffers free Arsenal

Biscan free Liverpool

Babayaro free Chelsea

Yakubu 2.3Mill Portsmouth

McEveley 3.1Mill Blackburn

im 2nd in the prem after 5 games after losing to liverpool 3-1 on opening day, drew 0-0 with spurs and beat birmigham 3-0, man utd 1-0 (down to 10 men to) and 2-0 against middlesborough.

Spurs are ahead of me by one point. IN champions league I got drawn with inter, rel madrid and NK Dinamo a tough group!

Sports Interactive are taking their latest football management game to Edinburgh Games festival and you could be the first EVER fan to see Football Manager 2005 in action!

The event takes place at Edinburgh's Lothian Road cinema at 7pm on the 13th August 2004, where Sports Interactive's managing director Miles Jacobson will be talking about the game's development and demonstrating its features, as well as answering your questions.

There are a limited amount of tickets for the FM 2005 preview and they can be purchased online now and are priced at £4 for adults and £3 for concessions. All you need to do is visit:

www.odeon.co.uk

Select Edinburgh Lothian Road as the Cinema and SPORTS INTERACTIVE (U) and Friday 13/8/04 as the datenn".

or call

0871 22 44 007

This is your chance to get up close and personal and put the faces to the names behind some of the best known games & icons of our time! Further details can be found at www.eigf.co.uk

Registered users of the SIGAMES.COM website received details of this screening EXCLUSIVELY before anyone else. If you would like to get important information about FM 2005 sign-up now

Visit : Book tickets now

In case any of our Scottish friends are interested in the new Football Manager game :)