Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

Finished my 1st season as Ross County 3rd in the Scottish First Division...yes I know I was on top but then I had an incomprehendable and thoroughly frustrating run of 8 losses and 5 draws, before picking up a couple of wins at the very end of the season.

I got £200,000 for finishing there...which brings my year's overall earnings to +£98,000. Unfortunately, I lose roughly £40,000 a month - so by the time I get round to August I'll be in the red. I really want to move to the English leagues and start building a reputation for myself there...bottom of the Third Division, whatever. I don't care. I may by the 12th best ranked manager in Scotland (inc. Bertie Vogts as well), but this means nothing south of the border. ;)

Ah well, maybe Wrexham will accept my job application...

In the premiership in my 3nd season in charge for westham and signed Bellion on a permanent deal for 1.9Mill, Traore 1.4M from Liverpool and Mills for 1.6M from Leeds but hes been injured since signing.

So far played 6 premiership games

Westham 2 V WBA 0 H

Todorov (2)

Westham 1 V Tottenham 0 A

Zamora

Westham 2 V Liverpool 0 H

Oliseh

Todorov

Westham 0 V Man Utd 2 A

Kanoute (2)

Westham 4 V Coventry 0 H

Todorov

Kilgallon

Bellion (2)

Westham 2 V Middlesobrough 0 A

Bellion

Oliseh

15/18 sees us in 2nd place one point behind arsenal so far so good but if i get injuries im screwed as i have a squad of like 19 players!

In the league cup 2nd round I beat Preston 3-0 with Oliseh and Bellion (2) getting the goals!

u can't change the starting date unless ur playing with at least 2 leagues and then it gives u a choice when u wanna start, but u urself can't pick a date. and i suggest u use the calcio update. it has all the transfers programed so they happen when they happened in real life. i think the website is www.calcio-update.com, but i'm not sure. google it.

I want to ask a question about mangerial jobs. Do clubs ever actually approach you? I've never had it happen to me personally, but I think I remember one of my friends saying it happened to them.

I want to ask a question about mangerial jobs. Do clubs ever actually approach you? I've never had it happen to me personally, but I think I remember one of my friends saying it happened to them.

Yep, but I've only ever got offered the England job. I've never played more than 2 1/2 seasons though, so I've not been able to raise my reputation. Also, it's because I suck.

In response to you fellas offering the opinion that EA manager games suck...I ordered Premier League Manager 2000 when it came out and found it decent. Of course, this was a good two years before I discovered CM. CM > EA by a wide margin.

One thing I always did enjoy about the EA games was building and adding to your club complex. Adding a new practice pitch, a clinic, a dormitory for the youth squad...I found all that stuff fun and a great incentive to sock some cash away.

As for my clubs of choice, I always start out with a Conference side and run them up the ladder. On 01/02 I had Yeovil finishing ninth in D1 in my fifth season on the job...then quit to "find a new challenge." Finding a new job was the biggest challenge, though. Ended up with Battipagliese in Serie C2/B after eight months of unemployment, making me glad the game didn't have the "nagging wife" feature. Got them up to Serie B within three years, then went to Scotland to take over Albion Rovers. Just missed promotion with that lot before retiring the 01/02 edition.

On 03/04, I've got Chester promoted in the first year after a pretty indifferent start. But the 28-match unbeaten streak midseason helped a lot. Made FA Cup 4th round, and had Wolves sweating before falling 2-1. Also runner-up in the FA Trophy, losing to (I think) Doncaster on penalties. Not a bad year, all in all. Maybe I'll get back on soon and see if I can actually get the Blues all the way into Europe. I don't know about pulling trebles and quadruples like some of you lot, though. Much respect there.

only ever been offered 1 job before and that was middlesborough

my westham team are in final of fa cup and sitting 2nd in prem but man utd havea game in hand and we are on same points. y success is down to 5 players - Morgan, Todorov, Bellion, Oliseh and my january capture david james back again for 350k (i sold him season b4 for 1.6mill) in 13 games he has kept 10 clean sheets

Guest Red Devil

I've been playing this game for about 5 years in game time and I'm not at Euro 2008. I'm playing as Aston Villa and after winning the Premiership 2 years in a row this season i finished second losing it to Man Utd. I won the Champions League though retaining that and now I'm gaining all my money back. Over the 5 years i saved up a bunch of money selling my players and signing cheap ones and now I've got around 50 mill. in my bank and looking to gain around 30 more million through selling some players. England offered me the job half way through this season but i turned them down because i wanted to concentrate on Villa. My current team is,

GK - Sebastian Frey

DR - Ettien

DL - De La Cuesta

DC - Buxton

DC - Puyol

ML - Le Tallec

MR - Cristiano Ronaldo

DM - Joey Barton

AM - Lee Hendrie

S - Evandro Roncatto

S - Raul

Most of the players have come in just a season or 2 ago because of their contract being unprotected and i spent nearly all my money on Raul signing him for £56 Million.

I got Reading into the Premiership and into the UEFA Cup in my second season there, before finishing 16th in the Premiership. I then took a job at Aldershot and I'm currently top of the conference, and will hopefully be in Division 3 next season :D

Guest Red Devil

how much did cristiano ronaldo cost i bidded 55mill for him before and couldnt get him! 

My westham team look set for a top 5 finish as im starting to slip a bit but I am guarneteed european footy next season!

At the 2006/07 season his contract was unprotected and i made him an offer of 100k a week and got him. Had to pay 21 Million in compensation thought but he's becoming my best player quickly.

just finsihed my prem campaign lookin for a top 5 spot for europe and had 7 games to keep my team there. here were our results

2-0 home to Southampton

1-1 away to Charlton

0-0 home to Newcastle

5-0 away to leeds

1-1 home to Chelsea

2-0 away to Arsenal

3-1 home to Birmingham

with those results It got me 3rd in the prem, champions league in 2 seasons also I have a chance for my first cup when i face newcastle in the final next!

Yes!! No longer am I manager of Scottish First Division team Ross County, for I have been accepted as manager of English Third Division side Kidderminster Harriers! They may have no transfer funds and half of the senior squad may be unhappy for one reason or another, but WHO CARES because I've escaped the frozen pit of hell that is the Scottish League!! Bwahahahaaaa!!!

:shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Yes!! No longer am I manager of Scottish First Division team Ross County, for I have been accepted as manager of English Third Division side Kidderminster Harriers! They may have no transfer funds and half of the senior squad may be unhappy for one reason or another, but WHO CARES because I've escaped the frozen pit of hell that is the Scottish League!! Bwahahahaaaa!!!

:shifty:

Good work man! I did the opposite thing in an older CM, I left Orient to go to Peterhead or whoever it was, some dodgy third rate Scottish div-3 team. Yeah, THAT was a wise choice :huh: