Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

heres my westham team about to go in champions league we have no money for new players

GK David James

DR Danny Mills

DC Michael Dawson

DC Matthew Kilgallon

DL James McEveley

MR James Milner

MC Michael Carrick

MC Sunday Oliseh

ML Lionel Morgan

FW Sanili Tuncay (on loan form chelsea)

FW David Bellion

I olny have like 3 non english players in starting 11, Anatoli Todorov is out for 4 months but will probly take Bellions place as todorov is more prolific. Lionel Morgan has broke into england squad and his value is getting near his 13mill min release clause and he wont sign a new contract I feel he will go soon but I could probably get someone just as decent for that money not bad considering he cost me 190k

I'm just blinking at the screen because I've just been awarded £1,000,000 in TV money when I'm Third Division Kidderminster. The fuck?! Does the Third Division even GET televised apart from a few brief highlights at 1am on ITV?

What makes it even crazier, is that I checked how much TV money they got last season (when I was up in Scotland) - and it was just £47,000!! They were in the Third Division then as well. What gives?

Am I complaining? You're joking right?

According to the finances page for last season, they made a net loss of only £22,000. That's with only £47,000 TV money. They didn't sell any players either.

I smell a spending spree coming on...

Hmm havn't posted in here for a while. Think ill do an update on my current Arsenal team.

GK. Robinson.

DR. Bonera.

DL. Ashley Cole.

DC. Sol Campbell.

DC. Yobo.

MR. Lennon.

ML. Ljumberg.

DMC. Vieira.

AMC. Diego.

FC. Tevez.

FC. Robinho.

Sub 1. Lehmann.

Sub 2. Huth.

Sub 3. Malbranque.

Sub 4. Cavenaghi.

Sub 5. Alan Smith.

Edited by Inferno

My Champions league winning Fulham team:

GK: Frey

DR: Gabbidon/Whing

DL: Clichy

DC: Ferrari

DC: Knight

MR: Cesar Delgado

ML: Lionel Morgan/Boa Morte

MC: Jenas

MC: Sidwell/Oliseh

FC: Saha

FC: Roberto Nanni

I got Delgado on a free, he is awesome, and Nanni for £7.5 million and he has a rate of 40 games, 32 goals.

I still don't know how I did it... I finished 4th in the Premiership way behind Man Utd and Arsenal.

I strongly recomend Jenas, Whing, Rungratsamee, Semler and Clichy for the future.

Three games left in my second season with Liverpool.

Six points clear of Man Utd in the league, with a game at Old Trafford to come.

1-0 down from the first leg of the CL semi against Newcastle. Second leg will be at Anfield.

And an FA cup final against Arsenal coming up.

It could end in history or in tears.

In any case, here's my team:

Kirkland

Finnan

Sorin

Hyypia

Henchoz

Gerrard

Cambiasso

Pires

Kewell

Owen

Gilardino

Subs:

Robinson

Traore

Ramelow

Milner

Baros/Le Tallec

I jst had the most amazing semi fina 2nd leg carling cup tie EVER.

I am Arsenal, beat Charlton 5-0 in the first leg.

2nd Leg, The Valley, Charlton lead 6-0 in 88 minutes. Bergkamp scores in 92nd to send it to extra time. In extra time, Charltion score another 3 and send me crashing out of the competiton. The quadruple was on, but I got torn apart by CHARLTON 9-1.

I feel so ashamed

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! that's some shit.

I got bored of CM and i un-installed it, now i'm bored and i want to install it again, but every time i try, my computer reboots.

it's not fair.

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! that's some shit.

I got bored of CM and i un-installed it, now i'm bored and i want to install it again, but every time i try, my computer reboots.

it's not fair.

That is your punishment for un-installing the GAME OF THE GODS

Does anyone fancy doing a Euro 2004 game of CM? Start a CM game, go on holiday until before the Euro Champs and we all pick a team and play. Anyone feel like doing this one boring Sunday?

*has to ignore MDK's suggestion because is still only on CM01/02*

Still in my Career game, managing Kidderminster Harriers (2nd season of game, 1st season with KH). Currently February, and I've just been knocked out in the FA Cup 4th round. Had a sweet little run really -

1st round: Kidderminster 3 - 0 Brentford

2nd round: Kidderminster 2 - 0 Blackpool

3rd round: Kidderminster 2 - 1 Hull

Then I was drawn at home to Everton in the 4th round. I was actually leading 1-0 from a penalty until the 78th minute when Radzinski equalised, so the final score was 1-1.

This meant a replay at Goodison Park.

This meant MONEY...!

I actually got squashed in the replay, losing 2-0. I said to myself that I will be pissed if I don't get a boatload of cash for that match.

Gate receipts for the entire of the previous month = £134,875

Gate receipts for that one match = £142,593

I'm happy. :smug:

Sat 5th July EVE

Blake announces decision to retire

Mark Blake has decided he is too old to play professional football.

He officially announces his decision to retire at the end of the season.

Sun 6th July AM

Blake Retires

Mark Blake retires from professional football.

How fucking cheeky can you get.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's nothing like giving you notice.

Although in the old CM games, you wouldn't know who would be retiring at the end of the season until the middle of June, when all the retirements would happen on one day.

I remember one year I had 12 players retire (some retired young) and I had about 5 weeks to build a squad.

Well, never got the treble. The league was won quite comfortably, including a 5-3 win at Old Trafford, but lost 1-0 on aggregate to Newcastle in the CL semi, and Arsenal beat me 2-1 AET in the FA Cup final after Kewell got sent off. Still there's always next year.

Team for the new season:

GK: Robinson

DR: Finnan

DL: Coco (£4.5m from Chelsea)

DC: Hyypia

DC: Mexes (£11m from Chelsea)

MC: Gerrard

MC: Xavi (£9m from Barca)

MR: Kewell

ML: Reyes (£9m from Sevilla)

FC: Gilardino

FC: Owen

Subs:

Kirkland

Traore

Cambiasso

Milner

Baros

Kidderminster Harriers manager Tim Stoker has a team talk with his players the day before their next league match, at home to Tranmere:

*starts throwing heavy pieces of furniture at his team*

"Alright you bastards - we have seven games left of the season and we're in 21st place, which puts us in the relegation zone through goal difference. I brought you up out of the Third Division and like hell am I going back there again. If I end up with a relegation on my CV I'm going to personally torch all of your houses while you're sleeping."

*lobs an armchair towards central defender and team captain Gary Smith*

"And you! You were voted Player of the Year last season! Admittedly that's only because I lost David Noble to Wolves via a Minimun Fee Release clause only three days before the vote, but what the hell do you call this?! Getting nothing but 4s and 5s as your ratings, it's pathetic!"

*one of the other players chuckles*

"Shut up Parrish. Next time you get suspended for being sent off I'm going to petition the FA to extend the ban indefinitely. Not that that would be much different than what it's like at the moment!"

*Parrish quietens down, mainly due to being hit in the head with a particularly bulky grandfather clock*

"And let's not forget..."

*hauls out two full size mahogany dining tables*

"...Our two 'wonderful' goalkeepers..."

*Goalkeepers Weaver and Brock try to leap for cover, but are flattened by the oncoming tables. I dust off my hands, and haul out a grand piano*

"Now, as for the midfield..."

*Star player David Noble, who only played nine games for Wolves before being listed for transfer again, holds his head in his hands and groans, wondering why he ever agreed to come back...

Uh, the point of this was...my team suck. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

I'd say no. Ronaldo is good on the game, and stays good a long time (in my 2018 game he's still a great player). It would give Arsenal and advantage plus would you really be able to buy anyone better with the cash? I'd imagine you're not short on funds anyway.

The best offer I ever got was £30,000,000 for Aaron Lennon. I turned that down.