Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

I've just started a 'career' game on CM01/02 (ie. immediately resign and try to get any job and start from there). The reason it's CM01/02 is:

- I can put on ALL 26 leagues and still go pretty fast, whereas with CM4 my computer wouldn't be able to handle it.

- I tried on CM4 and after 14 months no-one would hire me. ¬_¬

Anyway, just became manager of the IMMORTAL Ross County! Brought in 34yr old keeper Gary Kelly from Oldham for £40,000. Forgot to put him in my squad for my first league game. Lost away to Inverness 4-1.

Good times...

Edited by stokeriño

haha nice, ross county what league are they actually in?

Scottish First Division. I'm supposed to 'battle bravely against relegation' this season too. Should be entertaining...for the other teams.

I'm having CM trouble, but not 03/04

I'm using 01/02 (mostly because all of the CM games since have been shite), but the game is so out of date now, it's laughable. But, I was wondering, is there anyway I can download an update to get things more up to date? I would use my editor, but for some reason, it won't work.

Is there any chance someone will hire you in CM4?

With no credentials to your name, probably not. I waited 14 months and applied to every job that came up in the English leagues - which included 13 Conference jobs. Rejected by all of them. I suppose they were put off when I handed in my CV and the only thing on it was "Won 4 Champions Leagues in a row as Glasgow Rangers on CM99/00..." How depressingly realistic.

However if you've already been managing for one or two years then you probably shouldn't have a problem. Probably.

i just started a game yesterday for reasons unknowen

i chose happy vally~! in hongkong, besides hongkong there are the first two chines leagues active. I did not know that Happy Vally was the stronges club in this league but it is . . . this is the first time i did win several games in a row wich suports my impression that you can only be good in this game wen you start with a good team (in my old games i wassent even able to win shit wen i cheated tons of superb players to my club :-/ - and i utterlee hate cheating)

annyway, nothing special happend in my league games, but the 3 leg of the championsleage qualification (yep they have something to, i still over doing HK multy player with you dorks), wich is the first leg i have to compeed in, i was lucky to have 11 players because on both game days 7 of my players were away with their national team gettin salughtert by tailand (booooo) - annyway, my home game was 1:1, and by something that was like a mirrical² i won the away game 2-1 - there is a 4th qualification leg comming up soon, after that it would be group phases wich would help my finaces a lot i guss (the club has ~2 Million "monney", my transfer monney was ~120.000, winning leg 3 of the qualification made me 14000 - so you get an idea of what sums float over there)

i invested a lot monney (55k) in a 16 year old portugess middfielder who is kicking major ass, so i guss i wasted a lot of monney becaus someone will steal him from me soon sinc 16 year olds cannot have protected contracks :D

Guest Tomski

How the Hell does one get to start or be apart of an online game?

I think it be pretty cool to have an online game with about 20 people each handling a different premiership team.

Yeah, fucking pre-season takes forever. When I have had multiplayer hotseat games it is agonisingly slow.

'I want to look for players! No, you cant have him, I went for him! Let me sort out my tactics for 2 hours that wont work in my friendly loss to F.C. Nobody...'

It pisses me off when players I want to keep don't get offered contract renewals and a rival buys them. It should be done automatically.

It also pisses me off how I can beat Man UTD 4-2 but just four days earlier I lose 3-1 to Leicester. All the little teams that I have never heard of manage to beat me too, but all the decent teams I can usually beat. Weird.

I set my assistant to do it, but either that feature doesn't work, or he's a really really crappy assistant manager.

And I didn't know he was up for renewal until I got loads of emails telling me other clubs had offered them a contract.

EDIT - Grrr. I (chelsea) just lost to BIRMINGHAM. And I had Zinedine Zidane and Roberto Carlos on my team too. This game is foul and sinister.