Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

UnbeatenRun.jpg

It finally ended. Over two season's running unbeaten, and then it all comes to an end in the second game of the 2008/09 season at home to Southampton. i was completely dominant, but couldn't turn my chances into goals.

My former goalkeeper, Stuart Taylor had a career game, getting a 10 rating and man of the match from it. Oh well, was fun while it lasted

Well done, well done, 81 games without losing is unthinkable for me as Orient.

Currently I am stuck in a bit of a rut in my game, struggling in division one/the championship (ugh). Need to pick up a decent striker as all of mine are so injury prone it is ridiculous. I am about to sign Geoff Horsefield tho, so if I feed the horse perhaps he will score. I hope so.

I'm currently in the Losing Streak From Hell as Lincoln City. It's the end of the season and I've been 12 games without a win (including the Vans Trophy Final, fuckers). Due to scraping 3 draws (yes, only 3) out of these last 12 games, I have managed to secure myself a Playoff position, finishing 6th (previously looking to automatically qualify in 2nd or 3rd). I've drawn the first leg of the Semi Final, 1-1 away to Doncaster, and I'm just going to play the second leg now...so we shall see.

I keep getting job offers from 2nd Division sides too - but they have NO MONEY. I spent all year hard at work earning £1.5million profit for Lincoln City, like hell am I dropping that before I have a chance to use it.

EDIT:

Lincoln 3 - 0 Doncaster (Agg: 4-1)

There is a God.

His name is Rory May - a 19 yr old from the reserves who I debuted in this match, because he's been getting highlighted as playing well in my reserves' matches for ages now. He scored two goals, and got MotM. :) One of my defenders was injured for 2 months, but I think I can handle it.

Now it's on to face Southend at the Millennium Stadium...

EDIT 2:

Southend 1 - 3 Lincoln

And thus my belief that sometimes when you turn the game on you lose all the time, and the next time you turn it on you win all the time, holds fast. :shifty:

I win £220,000 for finishing 6th, and I am 2nd in the 3rd Division Manager of the Year Award (interesting, since I never once won it for a Month). Huzzah.

Edited by stokeriño

And if anyone doubted cm wasnt like real-life look at the 2 records either side of monkeys arsenal record  :lol:

Leeds have just won promotion to Division Two, after going through three consecutive relegations. Liverpool just went down last year as well, which I was VERY shocked about. Unfortunetly, they don't have any decent players to fit into my squad! Owen sucks, and Gerrard just isn't good enough anymore. Boo

I'm having a great game currently as Bayern Munich, it's late 2009. Bayern are my third club so far. I managed Barca, who I won the league with and then left for: Cologne and I won with them the German Cup which was the first trophy they'd won for 21 years, now Rudi Voller manages them after Morton Olsen failed to improve (I had saved them from relegation and rebuilt a new team around free transfers and youth players). As Bayern I went 43 games unbeaten in the league, I'm going for the clubs fourth league win in a row (from what I've seen in the history that has never been done) and we're in good shape for that as we lead after 12 or so games with only one loss and 4 goals against. I've also begun to evolve the Bayern team Oliver Khan (Now 40) finally left the club to Deportivo (who are in the relegation zone in Spain) and I replaced him with Thomas Kessler (who I had at Cologne), I also have Glen Johnson, Nene(who after a slow start has scored 15 goals since the season begun), a Mexican called Inguiez I think who has been a prolific scorer and teamed well with Roque Santa Cruz. I am also Nigerian manager and have been for 4 years (with only 3 defeats in that time).

Other strange news from this game: Celtic after winning the SPL for 5 years straight have dropped to 6th in the SPL so far in the 09/10 season. Three teams from the Rep. Of Ireland quailified for the(Cork City, Shelbourne and St. Pat's Athletic) UEFA cup and one for the Champions League (Bohemians). Charlton (managed by former Bohemians boss Stephen Kenny) won the Premiership the year after being promoted from Division One. England are World Cup holders and they won the Confederations Cup (they beat my Nigerian team in the group stages which uged me to begin a re-building of that squad as we under-preformed in my view).

As a manager I have only lost 53 times in 330+ games and spent over €220million in my career. I can speak English, German and Spanish and my favorite person in football is Patrick Kluivert(obviously dating back from my Barca days).

Guest The Real Deal

I can't seem to get club logos to work at all in my game I go to the pictures directory where my players and logos file are located and create a "clubs" directory and put all club logos in there and it still doesn't work.

Can someone help me please?

I was up till 4 last night playing as Everton, I completed 1 season and got them into 5th place and I only spent 2.2m on Reo-Coker, Lionel Morgan, Darren Huckerby and Luoma (Free, FC Jazz). I'm going to make this a career game and I intend to play it untill I get offered the England job. I'm going to do 4 seasons with Everton and disapear into the Finnish league and try and win the UEFA cup with a finnish team. Now that's a fucking challenge.