Old Game Sequels

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a Track And Field that actually has heats and finals instead of just one race, or just six jumps. I want realism in my athletics games and Track & Field were great!

Hells yes, an in-depth T&F game that's not just a rushed Olympics cash in would be awesome. And with consoles as pwoerful as they are now, they should be able to cram in Winter and Summer games. And more events! Fucking marathons or water polo or something. Fencing even!

I still play Athens 2004 and for me it's the most accomplished athletics game (and has decent gymnastics, show jumping, weight lifting and archery events)

A mate of mine had Athens 2004, it took literally four or five hours to do a four person Olympics. Any game that can make horse jumping fun is alright in my book. Its also damn hilarious watching people who cant play it try to.

Only trouble with Athens is the fucking cutscenes. They get so old after a while, and you can't skip them. It's the worst during skeet shooting.

Also, this new Track and Field game should have a career mode. Create a player with basic stats, fiddle with appearance and start training, and work your way up to the Olympics.

Guest Zeokage

Only trouble with Athens is the fucking cutscenes. They get so old after a while, and you can't skip them. It's the worst during skeet shooting.

Also, this new Track and Field game should have a career mode. Create a player with basic stats, fiddle with appearance and start training, and work your way up to the Olympics.

The 400 metres is a killer. I think it's the only "track and field" event I've not set a world record in though I've come pretty close. The 100 metres swimming is even more tiring and worse as well. In 400 metres I just hammer and don't look up at the screen until the last 100 metres. In the swimming you have to mash the pad AND watch the screen to make sure you breathe at the right time.

Archery is cool, weight lifting is done well but the shooting is impossible.

The feel of the horse in the horse jumping is really slick, although the woman winds me up.

I definitely agree with Dragsy about a career mode. Compete in juniors, national, even indoor (60 metres sprint ftw!), worlds, the league races and then olympics. You could choose which events to compete in. Even if they stripped away every event OUTSIDE of the track and field then it would be amazing, though of course I would mark out for the velodrome - the time trial, sprint, madison etc...Great stuff.

Guest Zeokage

I loved the 400m because it kills so you have to plan your race somewhat, 200m is just for keeping your speed going for a little longer. It's just like the real thing. I agree with the swimming though, that does kill your fingers. I'm sure there's a set number of strokes for each breath on that.

Weightlifting has a sort of maximum that I just can't beat now. Skeet Shooting is a nice event, even with its difficulty. Show Jumping... that's the event that kills me. I can't control a horse to save my life. I'll have to check out my PBs.

An Athletics career game? Sounds like something I'd get. Although at some point you would be unstoppable against the computer because of all the training. Happened in Sydney 2000.

I loved the 400m because it kills so you have to plan your race somewhat, 200m is just for keeping your speed going for a little longer. It's just like the real thing. I agree with the swimming though, that does kill your fingers. I'm sure there's a set number of strokes for each breath on that.

Weightlifting has a sort of maximum that I just can't beat now. Skeet Shooting is a nice event, even with its difficulty. Show Jumping... that's the event that kills me. I can't control a horse to save my life. I'll have to check out my PBs.

An Athletics career game? Sounds like something I'd get. Although at some point you would be unstoppable against the computer because of all the training. Happened in Sydney 2000.

Screw it, that's given me an idea...

As far as Streets Of Rage goes, all I have to add to the discussion is GRRRRAND UPPER~!

Golden Axe is brilliant, but I'd forgotten how ludicrous most of it was until I re-played it a couple of months ago. "And by the way, the city was on the back of a giant turtle." Oh, great. You'd think I'd have noticed beforehand.

It was a cause of much debate between my brothers and I for many years as to what Axl said at that very instance. And don't even get me started on the voice samples in the Master System version of Altered Beast. And we NEVER figured out that Ayrton Senna Go-Kart game one.

I'm guessing it involves the Diary Cube ¬_¬

Nah, once I've managed to fix my PS2 and load up Athens I'm starting a personal bests thread as there seem to be enough people who have the game and when you get to a certain level you pretty much beat the computer all the time so competition between eachother would be good.

My uncle/cousin borrowed my Nagano game and never gave it back. :( I'd probably still be playing it now it was so much fun back then. Winter and Summer Games are 2 years apart now, so that's probably why there will never be a game that puts both sets together.

I'd definately go for a Streets of Rage sequel... and Road Rash.

Guest Zeokage

SoR and RR sequels would be awesome. I recently picked up RRII for the Megadrive from the bargain bin in Gamestation, believing I'd scored a gem. It has not aged well.