Old Game Sequels

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Track and Field is such a piece of cake on the NES. The only event that pisses me off is the High Jump, and that's because I want the fucking world record, but I can't figure out how to raise the bar :(

But I totally pwn that game. For fun, I looked up the world records for the events, and laughed as I shatter them.

I still play Athens 2004 and for me it's the most accomplished athletics game (and has decent gymnastics, show jumping, weight lifting and archery events) but IT&F has the pedigree AND I WANT HEATS! I want there to be like 32 sprinters who compete in heats then semis and then the final! I want triple jump qualifying then finals...I want them all to be mixed up so you compete in the 100 heats, then the high jump qualifying, then 800 heats, then high jump final, then 100 semis, then triple jump qualifying, then shot put, then 800 final etc etc if I want to!

Speaking of PS1 athletics games. Anybody play "Olympic Summer Games"? That was another fucking awesome game. More events than Track & Field, though it was older, graphics weren't great, but had a more simulation feel than the arcadey Track & Field, and was really fun to play multiplayer. Back to the family functions it always used to be "Track & Field", "Olympic Summer Games", and then "International Superstar Soccer (WHATEVER)"...OLD SCHOOL! :shifty: When we first started the multiplayer shenanigans it was on ISS98 (Ravanelli and Ince...hahaha)...oh man, good times.

A sequel to Streets of fucking Rage. That game could be so fucking awesome if put on something like XBox 360, I'd absolutely love that idea.

Golden Axe. I always thought that this game could be great in a 3D environment (not that it wasn't great before) and could use some blood and gore. I want a game where I can chop heads off with an battle axe, and this would be the perfect game to do it with.

And I can't think of anything else, but I'd be looking toward action games that could be made intensely violent.

I don't know about Golden Axe, but every Streets of Rage game was very good with 2 being the best. They all followed pretty much the same formula and storyline, but the game play and graphics were awesome for the time. Plus the variety of moves for each character that they incorporated as each game was created kept the characters interesting.

Of course, my main gripe was that Adam was only a playable character in the first Streets of Rage. Fair enough that in 2 he was kidnapped, but bring the fucking guy back for part 3. If a next gen game was ever made, I'd like to see every playable character between 1-3 as playable for the game.

I want a Track And Field that actually has heats and finals instead of just one race, or just six jumps. I want realism in my athletics games and Track & Field were great!

Other than that I want a Monkey island 3 that is in the same format as the first two and not the gay newer stuff.

A more in-depth Track and Field? I'm all for it!

They'd have to go back the original controls though. On the PS1 it was square and circle, on which I perfected my unbeatable technique, then they switched it to circle and X and made it so that you had to press L1 to start or it would muck you up if you pressed it and stuff.

Every Athletics game has something that another doesn't but then always has something missing. They need to make a complete one.