Old Game Sequels

PkmnTrainerJ

If you could choose an old game, regardless of whether it was a sequel itself, and have a sequel come out of it next week, what game would it be and what would the storyline be?

Me, I'd like a direct sequel to Battletoads for the NES.

Oh good lord did this game kick ass.

Comeback?

In a recent interview with Rare about their latest title Viva Piñata, a question was asked about what is going to happen to the company's other franchises such as Battletoads and Killer Instinct. In response, they replied that if someone in their development team comes up with a new idea for a Battletoads or Killer Instinct game, they might consider it to happen.

This very same year Rare has denied not once, but a couple of times, that they don’t intend to make a port of any Battletoads title for XLA, despite the interest repeatedly shown by their fans. They usually argue that the original games were too hard, and the public wouldn’t approve such difficult gameplay nowadays.

There is also a petition for a new game to appear on the Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and/or Game Boy Advance.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a Track And Field that actually has heats and finals instead of just one race, or just six jumps. I want realism in my athletics games and Track & Field were great!

Other than that I want a Monkey island 3 that is in the same format as the first two and not the gay newer stuff.

I want a Track And Field that actually has heats and finals instead of just one race, or just six jumps. I want realism in my athletics games and Track & Field were great!
Edited by YI

On the NES, Blaster Master.

Yes, it had a sequel on the Genesis, but it sucked ass. Blaster Master, however, was a cool, challenging game where exploration was a key. An NES sequel would've been marvelous.

Track & Field was awesome. I miss good Athletics Games. :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sergei-Bubkas-Mill...e/dp/B000MMTSY0

Is absolutely awesome though. Works glitchy on my new PC though. :(

I want the poitl and click Broken Sword back. And more Speedball games. Speedball rocked.

Oh and "Marble Madness" on the Wii would be nothing short of infuriating/immense.

Ever play Winter Olympics? Just a case of hammering the enter key repeatedly for a few minutes at a time or pressing left and right a bit. Classic.

Track & Field was awesome. I miss good Athletics Games. :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sergei-Bubkas-Mill...e/dp/B000MMTSY0

Is absolutely awesome though. Works glitchy on my new PC though. :(

I want the poitl and click Broken Sword back. And more Speedball games. Speedball rocked.

Oh and "Marble Madness" on the Wii would be nothing short of infuriating/immense.

Edited by YI