You folks who work in Game, Gamestation etc

9 to 5

According to the website, yes:

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/

5th down on the right, wait for it to change. More purple than pink tho.

Just out of interest, does anywhere still sell new Xboxes?

Microsodt don't provide new consoles or games anymore. The only new controllers are third party. The XBox IS officially dead and has been for a year or so. It's kinda zombified and lumbering around eating brains for the forseeable future though.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a bit of a daft question, but it's easier asking you Hamster than calling them up >_>

You don't bother selling/trading dvds, right? I got a PS3 with Resistance and Oblivion and didn't actually realise till I got home that it was the bundle with X-Men 3 on Blu-Ray. I already have that on regular DVD and while it's nice to have a HD version, it's not really that much of a difference on my ten year old portable :P

Anyway, do you think they'd take the Blu-Ray disc back, and do you think it'd matter that I got it from them in the first place? :shifty:

Nah, pretty much the only stores that I'd imagine would give me anything are Gamestation and Blockbusters, who apparently are only willing to give me £4 trade in :(

Thanks, though.

We take Blu-Ray in. We don't take DVDs in our store although a large number of Gamestation stores do. Our manager hates how messy a big rack of useless DVDs look. All we end up getting traded in are those cheap DVDs from poundland and skanky trashy stupid films...We are in Northfield afterall - a major working class white area with a high level of dole-monkeys.

We got a useless delivery yesterday or FFXII figures, Yuna from X-2, World of Warcraft caps and WoW t-shirts.

My manager was grumpy about all the non-game trash we're having to fill the store with. I saw the WoW t-shirt, pointed at it as he was pricing it up and said "I bet all those Warcraft t-shirts are XL".

They were.

Bwahahahahahaha.

I :wub: stereotypes.

Guest Zeokage

According to the website, yes:

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/

5th down on the right, wait for it to change. More purple than pink tho.

Just out of interest, does anywhere still sell new Xboxes?

Microsodt don't provide new consoles or games anymore. The only new controllers are third party. The XBox IS officially dead and has been for a year or so. It's kinda zombified and lumbering around eating brains for the forseeable future though.

• Admin

Remember when GAME bought out Electronics Boutique? :( I want to at least have SOME variety of choice when I go game shopping.

I know this is a bit late, but GAME didn't buy Electronics Boutique. EB bought GAME back in 1999, then decided to rebrand in 2002.

You have to think that buying out another company and changing your image to match theirs would be something of a knock to the ol' ego, as far as the directors are concerned. Sort of "I know we're the ones buying you out - but really, you're better than us."

Guest Zeokage

At the GS-turned-BB, the black XBox is something like £44.99 with the 4/2 for £20 deal on top for a total of £54.99. Surprisingly the green and crystal XBox versions of the deal are £10 cheaper. I might be £10 over with both deals though. The price dropped soon after the new systems were put in and I don't think we corrected them.

That said, we got the new computer system in yesterday, we can now look at the gaming websites for backward-compatibility lists, release dates and other news. I was so glad it was slow yesterday. Can't get on here or other forums for real opinions though. :(