Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

The No Doubt pack is probably the best thing they've done in a while; I'm not even a No Doubt fan but I still picked up "Just a Girl" because it's a fun, easy song to play on guitar, and those are the types of songs I like playing best (see "De-Luxe" by Lush). If I were any good at singing I would have gotten "Tempted" by Squeeze, too, but it looks incredibly boring on guitar up until the final minute of the song.

There's plenty of good DLC floating around that a guarentee you haven't downloaded yet.

For instance, Headphones On by Miranda Cosgrove, why is it good? Its free thats why.

I'm horrendously new to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band genre, having played Rock Band 2 for a bit on Christmas day, and buying Guitar Hero 3 today because it was in a sale. I eventually want Rock Band, and I have two nOOb questions about Rock Band if someone can help me out:

1 - Is the Guitar from Guitar Hero III compatible with Rock Band/Rock Band 2? I know the one from Guitar Hero World Tour is, but I'm not sure if the Guitar Hero III version is. I imagine it will be, just wanna make sure.

2. I know there's the full instrument pack for Rock Band, but can I play with just a guitar so long as I don't mind not having the drums/mic/second guitar etc?

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

Awesome stuff! I imagine I'll be picking Rock Band 2 up in a few weeks, and get the full instrument pack at a later point.

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

People found links on rockband.com's battle of the bands pages containing battles for Lenny Kravitz, Steve Miller Band, and Roy Orbison. Of course they ended up getting removed, though.

Start date: 1/06/2009

Song List

Claudette by Roy Orbison

In Dreams by Roy Orbison

Mean Woman Blues by Roy Orbison

Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison

Ooby Dooby by Roy Orbison

You Got It by Roy Orbison

The Lenny Kravitz Extravaganza!

Start date: 1/13/2009

Song List

Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz

Freedom Train by Lenny Kravitz

Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz

Mr. Cab Driver by Lenny Kravitz

Steve Miller Bonanza

Start date: 1/20/2009

Song List

Space Cowboy by Steve Miller Band

The Joker by Steve Miller Band

Edited by Fitzy

That better not be the right list! :angry:

Where's Only the Lonely? Fuck HMX!

Where's Lenny Kravitz' best songs? Fuck HMX!

FUCK HMX!

Seriously though... there's one track there I'll get. Pretty Woman is a classic, and should be fun enough to sing.

I'm kind of glad they're not coming out with lots of stuff I want right now... I just spent $30 on DLC the other day and it shamed me.

Has Australia gotten BR1 yet? :shifty:

Yeah we finally got it released here a week before World Tour came out. Should've got the RB instruments though because my WT drums have screwed up twice (once the Yellow Cymbal, now the Red Pad) and my guitar i got with it doesn't register up strums, which sucks because i play on expert.

I've recently played Rock Band 2 on the 360 over Christmas and I'm surprised to say I've really enjoyed it as it's not really my type of game.

Now having done a little research, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of choice. Do I buy Rock Band, wait for Rock Band 2 (not released for PS3 yet) or get GHWT?

I realise the replies might be a little biased seeing as it's the RB thread but I imagine a fair few people have played more than one game. Which has the upper hand with regards to gameplay, playlists, controllers (wireless/wired)?

At the moment I'm edging toward waiting for RB2 because I know I like that, but if I can get something cheaper in the mean time I'm all for it.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

If you want a more fun, well-rounded experience, go for Rock Band. If you want more of a challenge, and are prepared to be frustrated at some stages, Guitar Hero's probably your best bet. Obviosuly the tracklist is a factor, but there's something like 18 songs on Guitar Hero that also feature in Rock Band 2.

I'm not sure about on PS3, but with Rock Band on the 360, you can pay a one-off fee and transfer most of the songs to your hard drive for use in Rock Band 2, so it might be worth picking that up and then doing the transfer and trading it in when RB2 comes out. The one key difference between the first and second Rock Band game (other than the tracklist obviously) is that the second one supports online world tour, whereas on the first, you can only quickplay songs. And just so you know, DLC works regardless of which Rock Band game you have. Oh, and the Rock Band games definitely have far superior DLC support.

And Activision are evil - EA-lite almost - but y'know, don't let that sway your decision or anything >_>

Edited by Dragsy

I'd say Rock Band really. I own GHWT and I wish that I had bought Rock Band 2 instead. Just the track list, the difficulty level (I play on expert and beat GHWT with relative ease, but some of the drum tracks are insane and the vocals seem a bit touchy), and all in all the feel of the game makes me wish I had RB2 instead of GHWT.

And Activision are evil - EA-lite almost - but y'know, don't let that sway your decision or anything >_>

Heh, funny you should say that cause it kinda already had. The [sawyer] Tycoon games were legendary before Activision and a few others came along and sullied their good name.

I think I shall aim for RB2 though, as I have played it and know I like it (and for some strange reason like the idea of coloured blocks rather than circles). Deffo looking for a fun experience rather than a challenging one at the moment too.

The original Rock Band still seems pretty expensive everywhere though. I suppose the band in a box option seems the best value though rather than paying for a guitar and the game and then drums seperately. Can anyone suggest anywhere other than the usual suspects (play and amazon)?

Also, last thing (promise)... wired or wireless guitar?