Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Apologies in advance for this stupid question.

Thinking about buying RB2. Will the licence transfer thingy save all the songs from RB1 even if I haven't unlocked every one of them? Apart from the few that weren't relicenced I mean.

On the subject of buying whole albums, has there really been any full album released that actually merited being released in full as DLC?

I'd say the Boston album was worth it, all great songs that translated well. And Megadeth is great for the psycho YouTubers with three arms.

Seconded about Boston. That album is freakin' amazing. The Cars album they have on there is also quite amazing, but I may be one of the few people around here that likes The Cars.

You're not the only one, as I also have that entire album for download, since I grew up listening to them because of my mom.

I have The Cars, Boston, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Best of No Doubt, Best of The Who, Megadeth, Red Hot Chili Peppers for full albums, and plan on getting Ten soon.

Journey - Don't Stop Believing

Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker

Glasvegas - Geraldine

Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon

SpongeBob SquarePants - I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You

SpongeBob SquarePants - The Best Day Ever

SpongeBob SquarePants - Where's Gary?

All songs are masters.

The Journey, Pat Benatar, Glasvegas, and Von Bondies singles are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track. The SpongeBob SquarePants singles are $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points) a piece, or $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the 3 song SpongeBob SquarePants Pack 01.

Release dates:

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360) Thursday, April 2, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Apologies in advance for this stupid question.

Thinking about buying RB2. Will the licence transfer thingy save all the songs from RB1 even if I haven't unlocked every one of them? Apart from the few that weren't relicenced I mean.

Yeah, all of them transfer over no matter how many you've unlocked.

Otherwise people wouldn't be renting the game for a few hours, unlocking the songs and then returning it <_<

The Cars album they have on there is also quite amazing, but I may be one of the few people around here that likes The Cars.

The Cars album is one of my favorites of all-time, I just think some of the songs didn't translate very well into Rock Band, some are just way too easy to play.

Journey, Heartbreaker and Von Bondies are must buys for me.

Is there still no word about the Rock Band 2 drumkit being released in the UK?

It's gone irritatingly quiet again. It was originally supposed to be after the game but before Christmas. Then, we actually got a date through at work, January 26th (or 23rd, one of the two, I can't recall). That passed with no mention, then it was "sometime February" and now it's basically been forgotten. Utter bullshit.

And regarding the license transfer, it doesn't matter what songs are unlcoked, but not all of them transfer due to Harmonix being unable to relicense the songs. I think there's only about 7, but that includes Enter Sandman and possibly Run to the Hills, can't remember the others.

Also, fuck Heartbreaker, stop with the retreads already. And fuck Spongebob, seriously what the fuck is that?

And regarding the license transfer, it doesn't matter what songs are unlcoked, but not all of them transfer due to Harmonix being unable to relicense the songs. I think there's only about 7, but that includes Enter Sandman and possibly Run to the Hills, can't remember the others.

Enter Sandman, Paranoid, and Run to the Hills. And Monsoon from the European version.

Is there still no word about the Rock Band 2 drumkit being released in the UK?

It's gone irritatingly quiet again. It was originally supposed to be after the game but before Christmas. Then, we actually got a date through at work, January 26th (or 23rd, one of the two, I can't recall). That passed with no mention, then it was "sometime February" and now it's basically been forgotten. Utter bullshit.

Also, fuck Heartbreaker, stop with the retreads already. And fuck Spongebob, seriously what the fuck is that?

Damn. Just that my yellow pad has packed up, and I don't want to buy the standard kit if its out anytime soon.

I could try and work it out myself, but thought I'd just ask here instead >_>, but what needs batteries and what can be charged via the adaptor and the PS3 when it comes to the RB instruments?

And yes, I just went out and bought it, with RB 2 :w00t:

The mic (user will need PS3 pad for selecting difficulty etc) and drumset are both wired on the RB1 PS3 instruments and the guitar is wireless and runs on 2 AA batteries which should come with it. It lasts a lot longer than you think as well. I've had the game 3 months and although I haven't played a lot of it, it's showing no signs of needing new batteries yet.

Partial 4/7 DLC

Toby Keith “Beer for My Horses”

Toby Keith “I Love This Bar”

Toby Keith “She’s a Hottie”

Toby Keith “Should’ve Been a Cowboy”

Toby Keith “Who’s Your Daddy?”

Toby Keith “How Do You Like Me Now”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Price:

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$9.99 (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for Toby Keith 6-pack