MMA News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Thomson/Noons is the sort of match I throw together on a WMMA game when I can't think of anything else and need an exciting match for the crowd :shifty:

Is that game any good?

I haven't got to shill this in months :D

It's very good. It's the best Ryland game since EWR, also the easiest to pick up and play since EWR. Some people love the default (fake) data, but Biggz and others work on the Tap Or Snap real-world updates, which are also awesome.

And all that said, you might want to wait a month or so, because then WMMA2's coming out (and presumably the original's dropping in price).

Thomson/Noons is the sort of match I throw together on a WMMA game when I can't think of anything else and need an exciting match for the crowd :shifty:

Is that game any good?

I haven't got to shill this in months :D

It's very good. It's the best Ryland game since EWR, also the easiest to pick up and play since EWR. Some people love the default (fake) data, but Biggz and others work on the Tap Or Snap real-world updates, which are also awesome.

And all that said, you might want to wait a month or so, because then WMMA2's coming out (and presumably the original's dropping in price).

I'll wait for the new one then.

The Tap or Snap scenarios that get posted on here make the game worth it.

This.

Does anyone know if there'll be a real world mod around the games launch? Otherwise I'll wait a while before I buy it.

Derek and Biggz, who work on Tap or Snap, are both testers for WMMA 2... so I'm pretty sure that an update will be available at game's launch, or shortly thereafter.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yes. So go liven it up. :P

Two Observers means two gatherings of Observer notes...

-CBS blames Ken Shamrock for the fiasco in September, and has told Strikeforce they want nothing to do with him.

-Lots more cuts coming to UFC.

-HDNet has signed a deal to air all Sengoku events live.

-There are serious talks about Tim Sylvia fighting former heavyweight boxer Ray Mercer. The article seems to imply they mean MMA, which is scary.

-CBS blames Ken Shamrock for the fiasco in September, and has told Strikeforce they want nothing to do with him.

-There are serious talks about Tim Sylvia fighting former heavyweight boxer Ray Mercer. The article seems to imply they mean MMA, which is scary.

Which fiasco? All I can think of around that time (without looking up dates) is the Kimbo incident where he was exposed then Seth went on radio and made some comments that caused investigation that were already obvious. That fiasco?

Which fiasco? All I can think of around that time (without looking up dates) is the Kimbo incident where he was exposed then Seth went on radio and made some comments that caused investigation that were already obvious. That fiasco?

The whole reason Kimbo Slice fought Seth Petruzelli, was because Ken Shamrock decided to roll around on the day of the fight, and ended up getting cut. The commission didn't allow him to fight, and thus, EliteXC was forced to find a substitute. Petruzelli embarrassed Slice, let it slip that they "told him" that a stand up fight was in everybody's best interest, and subsequently killed off EliteXC.

So, indirectly, Ken Shamrock IS responsible for EliteXC having to be sold off...and CBS could have suffered far worse than they did from the whole ordeal. They don't want it happening again, and Shamrock's a veteran. He should know better than that. Therefore, CBS wants nothing to do with him, because he's unreliable.

The whole reason Kimbo Slice fought Seth Petruzelli, was because Ken Shamrock decided to roll around on the day of the fight, and ended up getting cut. The commission didn't allow him to fight, and thus, EliteXC was forced to find a substitute. Petruzelli embarrassed Slice, let it slip that they "told him" that a stand up fight was in everybody's best interest, and subsequently killed off EliteXC.

So, indirectly, Ken Shamrock IS responsible for EliteXC having to be sold off...and CBS could have suffered far worse than they did from the whole ordeal. They don't want it happening again, and Shamrock's a veteran. He should know better than that. Therefore, CBS wants nothing to do with him, because he's unreliable.

Oh, that's bullshit and you know it!

I'm not sure which part you think is bullshit.

If it's Ken... well, you don't spar on the day of your fight. He knows better than that.

If it's about Seth and EliteXC... that's just what he claimed, and that sparked an investigation and killed the company.

So, like I said, Ken Shamrock is indirectly responsible for it shutting down.

I wasn't taking a shot at you personally, Gaby. Your wording made it seemed like you agreed with CBS (which maybe you do).

Either way, blaming Ken is bullshit and the only reason CBS is bitter is because the underhanded politics go brought to a stop. Honestly, I am willing to bet that Shamrock would have bit Ferguson that day anyway. Ken may be on the downside of his career, but he still has more fight and experience in him that the few fighters Kimbo had already fought.

There is NO blame on Shamrock. Elite backed themselves into a corner by banking on a street fighter made famous via the internet. If anyone is to blame it is the promoters. Injuries happen. This is not the first time a fighter has been injured the day of the fight. A lot of fighters roll around to loosen up the day of their fights.

I'm pretty sure those who wanted to watch Kimbo where watching anyways. He could have been put up against pillow case full of ground beef and the same audience that would have watched him fight Shammy would have been there. Blaming Ken is stupid as fuck. Fact of the matter is Kimbo was EXC only distinguishable selling point and he lost to Seth after an off-footed jab that made him look like chump change.

The blame for the failure of EXC should go squarely on those who involved in running the promotion, failing to attract an audience of their own, besides those who where interested in Kimbo.

Strikeforce should be commended for digging deep and finding it's own way that separates themselves from the UFC. Maybe not direct competition, but EXC management and whoever else could've only dreamt about being as legit as Strikeforce has become.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy