Eurovision Song Contest Topic

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at a few of the acts whilst at work, Latvia have entered six tenors. There's also an opera singer representing someone, as well as the usual pop/dance and odd smattering of rock. Oh, and Germany have entered a Jazz/Swing vocalist.

To be honest, its not as bad as some of our other entrants, that's not to say it's not terrible, but for our standards in this fucking thing (and for anyone's to be honest) it isn't too bad. Doesn't deserve to make the top 20 in the UK charts, though, and some real shit makes it in the top 20.

I have always wanted to see what would happen if the British were to send an act like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden there. But, I'm not really into the Eurovision thing. I had fun with the whole Lordi thing last year and it was great to win the thing for the first time, but this year I'm pretty sure we'll finish last. As usual. Our entrant is the winner of the first Finnish Idol competition and, while she is rock... ish, just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by TeemuFoundation

Scooch are nowhere near as bad as people say they are.

That said, Ukraine for the win. They're bringing a freaking drag act! Seriously, that's the only thing close to topping Ruslana and her S&M thing (oh, and the fact her song rocked).

It's Eurovision night baby! A good few hours of "entertainment" and a bit of a laugh at your fellow European countries. You know where you stand with this show, it doesn't try to hide the fact that it's a total cheese-fest and we pretend to hate it, but secretly love it.

And we'll get to see last year's winners again... Lordi~!