Transfer Thread

ONO

I personally believe Gilberto should be captain, he should have been when Vieira left, Henry has never really been captain's material, I still think it was only given to him to keep him here for the last year or two.

I still think we should go all out to sign Carlos Tevez as long as we got him out of that MSI contract he has. He can be a 20 goal a season striker and he has found his feet in the Premier league now.

On the Reyes issue, I would love it if he stays, we have really missed his pace and width, he could be a huge asset next season.

With Reyes, Rosicky, Fabregas, van Persie and Tevez as our attack, that in my opinion could help us challenge for the league.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Henry gone, it might be worth keeping Reyes. He's done well at well at Madrid and may be able to come into his own with a good run in the first team. He and van Persie could play very well together.

But one thing is clear - we need to invest in players more than ever with Henry gone - either that or hope that Henry gets injured before Monday so the whole thing is cancelled.

With Henry gone, it might be worth keeping Reyes. He's done well at well at Madrid and may be able to come into his own with a good run in the first team. He and van Persie could play very well together.

But one thing is clear - we need to invest in players more than ever with Henry gone - either that or hope that Henry gets injured before Monday so the whole thing is cancelled.

Reyes staying might be nice, but he's made it crystal clear he doesn't like England and doesn't want to come back, so where's the sense in keeping a player who clearly doesn't want to be at the club?

Reyes staying might be nice, but he's made it crystal clear he doesn't like England and doesn't want to come back, so where's the sense in keeping a player who clearly doesn't want to be at the club?

I can see Arsenal ending up buying someone along the lines of Gilardino or Ibrahimovic. Especially with the rumours that Zlatan could leave and Sheva might be going back to Milan. I personally think they should steal Keane and McCarthy from Spurs and Rovers. :shifty:

One things for sure now though, they need serious investment to keep their top 4 aims alive.

I remember in the World Cup when Gary Linekar said:

' Ibrahimovic was once arrested for impersonating a Police Officer. Well today, he appears to be impersonating a footballer.'

On the transfer side of things, it appears Luton have lost their best player in a while as Markus Heikenen has left to Austria Vienna. I don't like this trend of Luton players leaving, its not cool.

In terms of Arsenal, the club is in a HUGE transition, with Wenger likely to leave soon as well, I wouldn't want to go there at the moment. I can understand Henry's oppinion and I think it may be a tough season ahead for the Gunners.

Fix him, as if he's an object or something. Really, I think Allardyce is in way over his head here. He's not the messiah like it seems to be billed. He's a very good manager, but what he's claiming he can do at this squad seems pretty far fetched at times to me.