Transfer Thread

ONO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferdinand was £34m once everything had been paid, we got about £20m of it and the rest went to fucking agents because Ridsdale et al didn't have a clue what they were doing.

So no, it won't break the transfer record, and the world record would be 49m (?) for Zizu.

Guest TheBlueyComplex

Well Torquay wouldn't mind having Ronaldinho, so it's a bit of a non-story. I bet Sam Allardyce said something along the lines of "We're looking for another attacking player, with the capability of Ronaldinho"

Ferdinand was £34m once everything had been paid, we got about £20m of it and the rest went to fucking agents because Ridsdale et al didn't have a clue what they were doing.

So no, it won't break the transfer record, and the world record would be 49m (?) for Zizu.

Ferdinand cost United £31,120,000. Leeds received £30,720,000. Zizou was around £45m I think.

I never imagined we got that much of it in the end caus I remember at the time there were stories that said Man U were due to pay x amount over x months but Leeds, being in such financial dire straits, said they'd accept a lower amount if they paid it right then.

I think it's more to do with their new owner wanting to sign him. Rather than Sam. Apparently Barca said they want £58m.

There isn't a chance in hell Ronaldinho will ever pull on a toon shirt, ever.

Maybe when he's 40...

maybe :ohwell:

Benitez has apparantly spoken to Roma's Mancini, according to his agent. Probably bollocks and just being used to get him a better deal at Roma, but I still think we need an out and out winger. The only one we've really got at the moment is Pennant, seeing as Kewell still can't really be relied upon to have an injury-free season.

Ferdinand cost United £31,120,000. Leeds received £30,720,000. Zizou was around £45m I think.

That probably doesn't include appearance fees, and I'm sure agents took a large chunk of the Rio money. And West Ham got some too. As for Zidane, I wasn't sure, I knew it was in the 40's because Figo was £37/38m

Richardson is having a medical with Sunderland so is essnetially a Sunderland player now. I can't really complain, he's an England international and has experience in all sort of levels at such a young age.

I've been pretty harsh on him before, but the U21 competition changed my opinion, other than his little hissy fit when he was substituted, he was good, and I always thought he was much much older than what he is.

Disappointed at how much money we're having to spend, upto £5m for Chopra is a lot, but then again, he did score a lot of goals last season, and is probably the Championship equivalent of the £16m for Bent <_<

Disappointed at how much money we're having to spend, upto £5m for Chopra is a lot, but then again, he did score a lot of goals last season, and is probably the Championship equivalent of the £16m for Bent <_>

£16.5m* ¬_¬

I think Richardson's a good buy. He wasn't bad when he was on loan at WBA and I think at that level (rather than top four/champions league) he can perform quite well.