Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are suppose to lose damnit!

Thank god for Hleb. God never thought I'd ever say that. But this seems like another typical Arsenal performance, but the difference from last season is that last year we wouldn't have got the second goal/winner, so it seems to be a *cough* improvement...sort of.

I hope Brum get raped here, I want some excitement. And that'd give me some.

MALLLOUUUUDDAAAAA!

Come on Birmingham, keep chanting Easy!

Bloody hell. Well done Blues. Could be a good game. Lovely strike.

Edited by 'P.S.' Summers

Pennant shoulda been sent off. Wasn't a free kick. Carragher pissed & moaned plenty. Gerrard played well, what a fucking free kick. Absolutely perfect. As for the rest, it was quite even, they had chances, we had chances. We just didn't play to our strengths, and Liverpool kept Carew out of the game perfectly. Shame the referee was a Liverpool fan, too.

Pennant shoulda been sent off. Wasn't a free kick. Carragher pissed & moaned plenty. Gerrard played well, what a fucking free kick. Absolutely perfect. As for the rest, it was quite even, they had chances, we had chances. We just didn't play to our strengths, and Liverpool kept Carew out of the game perfectly. Shame the referee was a Liverpool fan, too.

You had no chances apart from the Petrov one in the first half and a speculative shot early on. Aside from that Reina didn't have to make a save.

Judging by yr 'lol Liverpool are kings. Villa didn't even shoot!' attitude from MSN, yr clearly being stupid.

Let's forget Carew's headers, and chances from wide. : ] Because, of course, they didn't happen.

Yes, that header. Not the that you yourself mentioned on MSN was tipped over by Reina. Of course not that one.

Or the header than went wide, not that one either.

I'm not arguing that they weren't better, they were. And they won, and they were worth it; they did contain us, and keep Carew quiet, they also showed good class when a coupla players turned it on. I didn't think it was a freekick though, so to me - it SHOULD have been 1 - 1. But the freekick was superb, and I don't mind losing to goals that good.

Edited by 'P.S.' Summers

WooHoo!!

We're top of the league, that means, as a typical Newcastle fan, I'm allowed to now expect us to win the league, Champions League, World Cup and Sam Allardyce to be declared as the second coming of christ!

You do that all the time anyways, just usually it's "we're underachieving and our players are injured" excuses.

However give them there dues, Allardyce looks like he's going to raise Newcastle from the mid-table team they have been to the European team they can be and used to be. If they keep this up, looks like Newcastle are back in the mix with Tottenham, Blackburn and Everton.

Looks like Tevez is going to have to step in pretty quickly.

Wayne Rooney is facing a spell out after suffering a hairline fracture of his left foot against Reading.

The Manchester United striker was injured when Michael Duberry landed on his foot as he attempted to block a 37th minute chance.

Although Rooney played on until half-time, he was unable to continue after the break and was replaced by Nani.

Sir Alex Ferguson was initially uncertain as to the extent of the injury but Rooney could be out for a while.

The 21-year-old was sent to hospital for a scan which has confirmed the hairline fracture.

The England international has twice previously broken a metatarsal and his foot problems have continued on the opening weekend of the new season.

It is not yet known how long Rooney will be out but his participation in England's upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers is in doubt.

Steve McClaren's men play Israel and Russia next month and the England coach already has a number of injury concerns.

United also begin their UEFA Champions League campaign in September and could be without Rooney for the start of the group stage.

- skysports.com

They could always have O'Shea as a lone striker ¬_¬