Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Dean Ashton gets himself fit, so Steve McClaren actually has a decision to make - not just Crouch and Owen to choose from.

Man Utd draw a game, the fans make no noise and then ring up 5 Live and flood 606 to say its time for Ferguson to move on. Nice, loyal bunch.

WooHoo!!

We're top of the league, that means, as a typical Newcastle fan, I'm allowed to now expect us to win the league, Champions League, World Cup and Sam Allardyce to be declared as the second coming of christ!

And everyone shuts up about Big Sam making Newcastle boring as we suddenly look like a team in the mix for Europe once more! Woohoo!

WooHoo!!

We're top of the league, that means, as a typical Newcastle fan, I'm allowed to now expect us to win the league, Champions League, World Cup and Sam Allardyce to be declared as the second coming of christ!

And everyone shuts up about Big Sam making Newcastle boring as we suddenly look like a team in the mix for Europe once more! Woohoo!

Going off the MOTD2 highlights:

Malouda, Pizarro and Kalou all look impressive. Kalou shows he has ability, Malouda is just so damn calm, and appears to be everywhere, and Pizarro shows he can finish, and is good at holding up the ball.

Beautiful shot from Kapo, gotta give them that. So wish Drogba had scored the 40-yarder though.

The idea of Hahnemann's Bionic Hand makes me giggle and wish for a spin-off :shifty: Seems like he had a good game today as well, as I have come to expect from him.

Good to see Nani get some time - even though I mainly like him for the flipspin celebration. Speaking of which, fucking scorching shot from him, just a shame it didn't go in.

lol, Kitson. Looked horrible, feel for Evra's shin.

Seems like luck just wasn't on United's side today, although their finishing didn't help matters at all. They'll need to sort that out, but I don't see it being a problem for long.

Shearer is a complete black hole of charisma. He sounds like a history tutor.

Bwahaha. Lehmann. How very awesome. Seemed like a penalty at the other end, and if Rosicky had put away the chance just after it may have been one of the prettiest goals of the season. Warner's having/had a great game. Good day for the keepers. Rosicky really needs to work on his finishing, IMO. Nice penalty by van Persie, even if he did nearly put it over. And then lol, ruckus. Took Hleb long enough to find the shot for the winner too.

Aaaand the rest:

Nice goal from Geovanni. Elano looked good running down the pitch.

Fucking stupid decision on the freekick for Gerrard.

Martins' overhead goal was badass. As infact was his second, for the hilarity of it rolling over the line. Anelka's speed surprised me too.

Derby/Pompey looked like a nice little match. Good goals.

McCarthy's collapse actually looked horrible. Nice goals again.

Ahaha, great header from Osbourne. Not 'conventional' goals for Everton, but whatever gets the points.

Bwaha. Awesome kneewalk.

That was longer than I expected >_>

WooHoo!!

Wait..based on one performance? Shut up.

The art of sarcasm is lost on you.

It was a definite penalty. Wasn't a Freekick but what a set piece it was. Liverpool deserved to win, the 1 on 1 Torres had with Taylor he should of put away, the keeper deserved earning Villa a point on his performance.

Man U already behind Chelsea, it's not really an advantage at all this early on but the wins all add up, Man U slaughtered Reading without scoring so i hope they have that kinda luck all season .. C'MON CHELSEA! LOL.

Arsenal left it late but they were still pretty impressive, there midfield is lightweight though me and my friends said that and then they said the same thing kinda on MOTD2, i think Shearer said they'd get bullied at times and i agree.

Good opening day overall.

I'M SO HAPPY FOOTBALL IS BACK :w00t:

The penalty given to Villa was a stupid decision too since Carragher turned around to get the ball and his hand simply touched it. Carragher didn't push it or play it in a different direction so it shouldn't of mattered if he accidentally put his hand on the ball and you shouldn't of gotten the penalty. The referee was pretty horrible though and i feel Villa deserved an oppurtunity like that to make up for poor treatment beforehand.

He turned around, and then moved towards the ball with his arm away from his body, and it hit his hand...thats a penalty, whether he meant it or not.

And although the free-kick was great, there was shades of Gerrard vs Sheff Utd in the free kick decision, where he is almost giving himself the foul before the referee even blows for it. There is no need for it, but yeah, it was a great match winning free kick in the end.

I was gutted with the Fulham game, but we were outplayed, and if it wasn't for Warner, it could have been a lot worse.

The penalty given to Villa was a stupid decision too since Carragher turned around to get the ball and his hand simply touched it. Carragher didn't push it or play it in a different direction so it shouldn't of mattered if he accidentally put his hand on the ball and you shouldn't of gotten the penalty. The referee was pretty horrible though and i feel Villa deserved an oppurtunity like that to make up for poor treatment beforehand.

He turned around, and then moved towards the ball with his arm away from his body, and it hit his hand...thats a penalty, whether he meant it or not.

I know what you're saying, but still, the rule states "deliberate" handball. That would mean he deliberately put his hand in the way of the ball to prevent the attack going any further. Yes, they're given as penalties alot of the time, but it's easy to see why people argue their corner.