Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

Blimey, not really surprising I suppose, but a little harsh in my opinion.

Replacing Allardyce at an-overcheiving team was always going to be a hard task for a 1st-time manager, but given he lost Ben Haim and Nolan's been under par for over a season now, plus the new players (which he's brought in quite conservatively spending-wise) needing time to settle in, I think he should have been given a little more time.

Results driven though, I suppose.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the odds from Sky Bet:

Jewell P 4/6

C Coleman 7/2

Speed G 7/1

Bruce S 8/1

Boothroyd A 10/1

Collins J 12/1

Reid P 12/1

Dowie I 16/1

Taylor P 16/1

Mourinho J 20/1

Brown P 20/1

O Leary D 20/1

Johnson G 33/1

M Mcgee 33/1

Burley G 33/1

Todd C 33/1

Cotterill S 40/1

Gregory J 50/1

I'm tempted to say Jewell will get it, but could realistically be any of Coleman, Speed, Boothroyd or Brown imo, should be interesting as their aren't any stand out candidates, except that special Portuguese bloke (which should be more like 100/1).

TORRES OUT OF MERSEYSIDE DERBY

Jimmy Rice 20 October 2007

Fernando Torres misses out on this afternoon's Merseyside derby at Goodison, with Andriy Voronin partnering Dirk Kuyt up front for Liverpool.

Neither Torres or Xabi Alonso are in the squad to face Everton at 12.45pm despite hopes earlier in the week they might be fit.

The team in full is: Reina, Riise, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Benayoun, Mascherano, Gerrard, Sissoko, Voronin, Kuyt. Subs: Itandje, Crouch, Pennant, Babel, Lucas.

Fernando Torres misses out on this afternoon's Merseyside derby at Goodison, with Andriy Voronin partnering Dirk Kuyt up front for Liverpool.

Neither Torres or Xabi Alonso are in the squad to face Everton at 12.45pm despite hopes earlier in the week they might be fit.

The team in full is: Reina, Riise, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Benayoun, Mascherano, Gerrard, Sissoko, Voronin, Kuyt. Subs: Itandje, Crouch, Pennant, Babel, Lucas.

Yep, fucked.

Hmmm - I fancied Everton before this news. Even more so now.

Yep, fucked.

Shreeves: "Rafa, we've looked at your team - where's Steven Gerrard going to play?"

Rafa: "Midfield."

:lol:

Lol. That's either Rafa being cocky...or Rafa indicating that he isn't sure himself yet. He's likely to play every position in Midfield by the end, knowing Rafa.

He'll have a free role starting from the right, his best position for us.

That's the only roll anyone will get at Goodison. Have you seen the prices there?!

*Gets coat*

..and yeah, I realise it's "roll" not "role" :P

Edited by Baddar D

Dire. No width, no pace, nothing. Gerrard's been completely shit again (in the middle, obviously), Kuyt has the first touch of a rapist, and Sissoko's just giving away freekicks for fun. Everytime we look to counter we have to cut back on ourselves because nobody has the pace to get away from the defence, and the sad thing is we've got Babel and Pennant on the bench when they would probably be the difference makers.