Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I'm gonna end up playing IX for about 15 hours in the next two days waiting for the internet to be installed at my house. Let's see if I can finally beat it.

The game is a lot better if you never get to see the ending.

How do you figure? That ending is damned appropriate as far as I judge.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clever use of the word 'Spring', by which everybody will start dreaming of a March release, when actually somewhere far closer to May 31st is probably what they mean.

Hey, if I get it sometime in mid-2010 I will be happy.

I'm gonna end up playing IX for about 15 hours in the next two days waiting for the internet to be installed at my house. Let's see if I can finally beat it.

The game is a lot better if you never get to see the ending.

How do you figure? That ending is damned appropriate as far as I judge.

The ending was great.

I got beaten by the final FFIX boss a bajillion times (due to having never spent time levelling up, ever) and decided that I was close enough to the end that I'd virtually completed it anyway. :shifty: So I'm with those who would like to believe that the game is better without seeing it!

Little silly, but I'll always miss the fact that FF's wont have like 4 CD's anymore.

It always felt like you accomplished so much more from beating an FF than it did a regular game. I mean sure, in a regular game you beat the game, but in FF you beat FOUR DISKS worth of game.

EDIT: I also agree that FFIX's ending was a let down. Maybe because I was so young when I beat it the one and only time, but man, I still don't get it to this day.

Started playing Final Fantasy IV on DS again recently and I'm up to the Underworld where Rydia returns etc. but Golbez is a bit of a bastard. Rydia only has 600HP and doesn't survive enough time for Cecil to use Libra, then check his weakness and use the appropriate summon. Would it be best to level Cecil up and just try and strike him with attacks, or can he be Slowed? If so, when does Cecil learn Slow?

• 2 weeks later...

Judging by how long it took them to release VII over here on the PSN (April 2009 for Japan, June 2009 for US), hopefully that prediction's a little off. It's always the same thing - you might have the games on the PS1 (in fact, I have my copies of FFVII, VIII, and IX on my desk right now), but there's always that added factor of awesomeness in the idea that 'I can play this anywhere now...'

On the subject of Square-Enix rereleasing games, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Parasite Eve series get PSN releases as we get closer to The 3rd Birthday getting released. It's pretty much needed, too, since a new copy of PE2 goes for $125 on Amazon.

Final Fantasy X-2's Blitzball can go away and die. Love X's, and wish it would be released in some kind of Final Fantasy minigame compilation for the PSP along with VII's Chocobo racing, Tetra Master etc.

The crazy motorcycle chase would be great to compete against others, and then maybe we could finally get the Boko raising game for VIII so that it's useful. Seeing as I've wanted this mini-game compilation since getting a PSP I know it won't happen, but I can hope right?