Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be competely honest here, I havent beaten FF7...Ever! Furthest I got to is when Aeris dies then I got annoyed (She was my fave character at the time) and latest attempt I got to was the chocobo racing part. My fave character in the party now, has gotta be Red, with Sephiroth taking fave enemy. Although after playing CC, I appreciate what Zack did too.

KH2 is kinda a clusterfuck compared to KH1. But then, as far as story goes, it has the advantage of not being any KH game not on the PS2. Jesus. Just... Jesus. I don't think the characters even know what's going on any more. I'm pretty sure the entire reason there's been on KH3 is because they've spent the last however many years trying to figure out what the fuck was going on in the story.

It does have Christopher Lee though, which is pretty badass.

Yeah I read the chronological plot summaries to get the idea of whats going on, but that confused me more than my foggy six year memories of previously playing them.

Plus a part of me cant help but wish it was turn based and allowed an active party of four. I went through KH1 without ever using my guests, defeating the object of a large part of the game.

Yeah, guests were useless. There's a lot of fun components to KH, the story itself (if you ignore the rest) is pretty fun, the characters are fun and the combat in entertaining. The side quest stuff is awesome too. But there's a lot of stuff that's useless or just isn't that interesting. I think it balances it out pretty well.

KH2 is redeemed a lot by stuff like Auron showing up and just generally being a total badass.

Kingdom Hearts is the worst.

God you are so wrong.

I do agree that the first hour or two of KH2 is ridiculous; part of the reason I don't play through it again anymore is because I just don't have the stomach for that kind of a tutorial anymore. But once it gets going it's amazing. It's also one of those games where actually going through all of the forms and such pays off, because being an awesome avatar of justice both makes late battles easier and straight-up looks cool.

The Final Fantasy VII world is only lame in the "expanded" stuff, when Square apparently forgot that Final Fantasy VII was fun and a bit silly. Crisis Core, and all the rest of it, is so fucking dour.

• Like 2

It isn't until this playthrough that I realized "a bit silly" is an understatement. A lot of the dialogue is so hammy that it's hilarious.

It's also the game with the most misspellings ever. :shifty:

The Final Fantasy VII world is only lame in the "expanded" stuff, when Square apparently forgot that Final Fantasy VII was fun and a bit silly. Crisis Core, and all the rest of it, is so fucking dour.

DON FUCKING (LITERALLY) CORNEO.
  • Like 1

The entire "Wall Market" section of the game, and the sheer existence of Mukki, is enough to persuade me that, actually, an HD remake probably isn't that great an idea after all.

• Like 2