Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Shit TKz I don't think I've clocked 11 hours total yet. :shifty:

Stupid school. <_<

I had no internet + I now won't be able to play the game again until Saturday night, so I wanted to play as much as possible! One of the shining moments so far in the game was that I had the option to go to two different places/times, I went to one, did fairly well... and then came across a boss that I had a really hard time with. So I said fuck it and did the other place/time and grinded my Crystarium and picked up two new monsters. I come back and beat him in 30 seconds. :D THIS is what XIII was really missing for me. I'd much rather grind and prepare myself for a boss fight I had trouble with, rather than have to just keep attempting it with the exact same setup and hope for different results.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the first couple of bosses that I faced I kept on charging in headlong before realizing I could actually go back and level up a bit.

Looking back it's likely I went to the wrong area first, I unlocked Oreba and the place with the giant Flan (not really spoilers) and went to Oreba first because the way the Historia Crux is set up, it made it look like the next logical step, despite me having unlocked the Flan area earlier. May also explain why I had no trouble with the Flan area, as I'd already leveled fairly easily and a fair bit at Oreba. >_>

Love the Crystarium and the Monster Parties to bits. Grinding! I shouldn't enjoy it this much! And my Monster team is awesome now. And soon, they'll all be wearing stylish hats!

Weird, I beat the Oerba boss no problem, can't touch the Flan still. I've opened some new gates though, so I'll come back to him.

Also, monster wise, is there a better medic than Cait Sith coming soon? I don't want to invest too much time in Serah as a medic, but Cait's not holding up well anymore.

Weird, I beat the Oerba boss no problem, can't touch the Flan still. I've opened some new gates though, so I'll come back to him.

Also, monster wise, is there a better medic than Cait Sith coming soon? I don't want to invest too much time in Serah as a medic, but Cait's not holding up well anymore.

Try Exoray in New Bodhum. It's found in the Tidal Shallows area. It's not immense, but it's a step up from Cait Sith.

I've had a party with three medics for ages. Like, when I leveled up and the option became available, I think that was the first thing I did... Just makes sense! I haven't used a Synergist or Saboteur like once yet. I have two Monsters that are pretty good at it, though.

I've had a party with three medics for ages. Like, when I leveled up and the option became available, I think that was the first thing I did... Just makes sense! I haven't used a Synergist or Saboteur like once yet. I have two Monsters that are pretty good at it, though.

Syn and Sab become valuable later on, probably around the first time you reach Arcadia is when you want to start thinking about having a paradigm just in case.

I've been a bit lost as to how best to progress.

I've got Caius to fight, but don't seem strong enough. I have the first Oerba and Yachis Massif available, and have done a fair bit in them. I've also gone and beat the first of the massive flan things, but have got squished fighting it the second time. Any hints?