Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put money on that being purely coincidental. Final Fantasy VII was written by fucking idiots.

Agreed, but it doesn't change how well it juxtaposes. FFVII was really oddly produced, it went through a lot of different development teams, consoles, writers, and everything else before it came even close to being what it wound up being. Half the characters we know and love were added to close gaping plot holes (and added a whole bunch of others in the process).

I'd put money on that being purely coincidental. Final Fantasy VII was written by fucking idiots.

Agreed, but it doesn't change how well it juxtaposes. FFVII was really oddly produced, it went through a lot of different development teams, consoles, writers, and everything else before it came even close to being what it wound up being. Half the characters we know and love were added to close gaping plot holes (and added a whole bunch of others in the process).

I was actually only reading about this a couple of days ago - the original ideas for VII are absolutely bonkers in comparison; it being set in New York in 1997, Edea popping up, Vincent being some kind of private detective...it's amazing the game works quite as well as it does considering the amount of changes they went through.

So what Monster did you guys end up using in 13-2? I just got a proto-behemoth and I don't see what is going to make me take him out of my party.

Always Gigantuar. And Zwerg Scandroid, but only because he has the best name.

I never heard the Edea story, what was the deal behind that, beyond her being in it?

I don't really know much about it, but I've heard it mentioned a few times that she was originally intended to be a character in VII, and when she wasn't used they kept the basic character for VIII. There's meant to be quite a lot of stuff in VIII that was basically left-over from earlier drafts of VII - and plenty of stuff intended for VII on the SNES wound up in Chrono Trigger, while a lot of the stuff based around New York was in Parasite Eve.

I have no idea how VII is as good as it is, let alone how it holds up as well as it has because Cait Sith.

Alternate post:

Final Fantasy VII is tremendous and I'm still not sure why because Bugenhagen.

I just love how no effort whatsoever is made to explain what the fuck he is.