Hip hop just died this morning.

ROC

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bMFj0sWpIAI

It was dead when this came out first.

In fairness, "Throw Some D's" is catchy as hell, too. And he definitely gets a pass because of how awesome the remix to this song is. (To give you a hint of how awesome it is, Andre 3000 is in it...and so is Jim Jones, Nelly, and Murphy Lee and none of the latter three manage to fuck it up.)

Cyanide in the Flavor-Aid Jim Jones?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bMFj0sWpIAI

It was dead when this came out first.

In fairness, "Throw Some D's" is catchy as hell, too. And he definitely gets a pass because of how awesome the remix to this song is. (To give you a hint of how awesome it is, Andre 3000 is in it...and so is Jim Jones, Nelly, and Murphy Lee and none of the latter three manage to fuck it up.)

I've been desperately looking for new rap that has a poetic side, like rap used to. Unfortunately, it's hard to find.

Check out Blue Scholars. They're a Seattle duo that is absolutely fantastic right now.

But seriously, is he a rapper, because that would explain something. In my business class, my group had to write a paper on good leaders, and when I said Jim Jones, everyone looked at me weird.

One thing, I was working with two idiots and one smart guy. I expected the response to sound more like, "who?"

And secondly, can just anybody force a bunch of people to commit suicide for him. No, and that's what makes him a good leader. Unfortunately, that excellent argument didn't make it into our paper.

Actually, I just remembered for those of you who are looking for some old-school rap with a bit of a modern twist "Switching Songs Pt. 1" on Durrty Goodz's myspace is basically him spitting over a mix of old-school hip-hop beats, he has like a thousand flows. It's insane.

http://myspace.com/officialdurrtygoodz

I kinda like hyphy, if anything for the beats. I don't listen to mainstream shit for lyricism or introspect, I listen to it for beats and silly ass party songs.

HYPHY? It's not even a real fucking word.

... Point being? A lot of words that stem from hip-hop aren't "real words".