2002-03 NBA Finals MVP

2002-03 NBA MVP

2004-05 NBA Finals MVP

Edited by naiwf

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isiah Thomas was most definitely a superstar of his era, the man could carry his team on his back when they needed the win. Statistically he looks like a very good player, but his greatness goes further beyond his averages. I look at the game where he severely sprained his ankle against the Lakers and damn near won the game on his own with 26 points. That's 26 points in a quarter.

As a player, Thomas was one of the greatest of his era, it's just unfortunate that he has tarnished his reputation beyond his playing days (CBA, New York Knicks, recent lawsuit).

And on the subject of Pistons, nice win tonight without Rip Hamilton. Tayshaun Prince went off on the Heat, who were minus Dwayne Wade, and could only muster 81 points in his absence.

The Raptors are a deep team this year. This is a team that is going to kill you by moving the ball and playing unselfish ball. I don't think you can key on one player, take them out, and totally shut down the teams offence. They are especially deep at point guard, a position they were weak in for a long time. TJ Ford and Jose Calderon are two different players and both are great players.

The Raptors face the Nets tonight, who many predict will win the division.

It'll be a long and interesting battle in the Atlantic. Three teams have legit shot to win it. Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey almost seem equal.

Boston has three guys, and nothing else.

New Jersey has three guys, a little more depth... but the three guys may not scream all-stars like Boston's

Toronto just got it all together. But they're in Canada, so who really pays attention to them until it's like... whoa, Toronto???

Edited by Lowerdeck

Wow.

The game looked like it was New Jersey's until the subs started to come in. Toronto showed how deep their bench was and ended up with an almost 40 point lead by the end. Andrea Bargnani scored 21 and as a team the Raptors had 27 assists.

Next up is Boston. Should be a tight game, as the big three in Boston are all monsters. They lack depth, so again it will be up to Toronto's bench to put points up.

I knew I should've gone to the game tonight. It's crazy because the Leafs and Raptors were both in town tonight and I've been pondering which one to go too.....and it turned out I went to neither (I did get to attend the Leafs game at MSG last weekend). Both of the arenas looked empty tonight on TV with plenty of good seats available.

Rockets are going pretty good, that and my Sixers lost. 1-2 this season so far, hopefully they rack up more wins. Also, Chicago isn't as good as I thought they would be this season...losses to both the Sixers and the Bucks, but maybe they will bounce back, after all Dallas started the season 0-4.

Fantasy basketbLOL. Yeah.

I just want a little insight from some people. Pending a trade that's in the works right now, the Brunel Hurricanes' roster looks like this:

Dwight Howard and Troy Murphy at centre, but barring an injury Howard will be starting every single week

Bargnani, LOLOL Deng, Harrington, Turkoglu and John Salmons at forward

Childress, Raja Bell, Iverson, Jack, Terry and Joe Johnson at guard

Since I have to start five forwards, I'm basically going to have to make a trade for someone, and I'm thinking of offering a forward-heavy team a package of two of Childress, Terry, Jack and Bell. Any thoughts?

At this point, you're not real likely to get much for Childress, as he's struggling behind Law, Lue, Johnson, and Marvin Williams for minutes. If you dangle Terry, you should get someone rather studly, as Terry's a much better % shooter than he should be, considering how much he shoots. And him averaging 20 isn't TOTALLY out of the question. I'd keep him and dangle Iverson, to be totally honest. Jack's sharing time with Steve Blake, so meh. With Bell, he could have a hot game anytime...or he could score 5 PPG for a whole month. If you can get anything for Childress and Jack, the person you trade with is the kind of goofball you need to hit up again later in the season.

Arenas supports Barack Obama for President in 2008, claiming: "Of course we’ll win the election. As long as he has me, we’re winning. We’ll be co-presidents. He can handle all the big stuff like the war in Iraq and all that, and I’ll keep everybody distracted off what he’s doing. I’ll be the entertainer. I’ll do the press conferences. I’ll play the Bush part. I’ll be the golfer, I’ll go golf for 14 hours. I’ll party for half a week. I’ll do that, I’ll have fun with that. And then Barack can handle all that important stuff."

I realize it's early in the season, yadda yadda...but the Hawks lead the Suns 84-78 with 10:00 to go in the 4th. They've already beaten the Mavs in the season opener and baaaaaaaaaaarely lost to the Pistons (before being beaten by the Nets in New Jersey)...this start is a hopeful one for Atlanta.