Football Manager 2008

Dan

I totally got my ass relegated on the last day of the season :thumbsdown:

It was me or Wigan, both equal on points but they had a much better goal difference than me (I play to win dammit!). I had to play everton (who finished about 6th) they had to play Watford (who finished bottom, with 8 points). Wigan won, I lost 4-0.

Then the Everton chairman laughed at me when I said I'd be interested in the soon-to-be-vacant Everton managers job.

The fucker.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate how sometimes literally NOTHING happens from like the 50th minute 'till the end after you've made a sub, it looks like a bug because even when I do "all out attack" I get no pitch action. I'm 1st with Athletico Madrid in my first season which is ofcourse amazing but I needed a good right midfielder so I bought Pennant 'cause he wanted to leave Liverpool....shouldn't have done that, he's a f'n cock.

Edited by Quasi Juice

One thing with the team mentality settings like 'attacking/defending' is that they mean absolutely nothing if you have your players set to specific levels, rather than having them defaulting to the team setting. That's something I only realised in the last game after playing FM/CM since the very beginning, showing how little attention I pay to tactics :shifty:

The team tactics are nothing more than shortcuts allowing you to set the mentality of multiple players without having to go to each one individually and change them throughout the match. I find it really difficult to find more than two players that I want to have linked (wingbacks/wingers for example, I do,) so I've just saved two different tactics, one 'normal' and one 'attacking.'

I haven't been following the thread so if somebody else has had this problem and it's been solved, I apologise. Anyway, I've downloaded some graphics for the game but I'm getting these weird ghost effects behind the shirts, is there any way to get rid of them? It's nothing to do with the skin because I have the same problem with the default one and it's not the kits because I have the problem with various styles so I'm guessing it's something to do with the game settings or something? Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

2lsbq78.jpg

I've gone back to 07, I moved ot over from my PC to my laptop and now the edit database I had made to edit in the UEFA Cup and such does not work, is there any way of changing the EURO to UEFA in game or do I have to live with it :shifty:

I haven't been following the thread so if somebody else has had this problem and it's been solved, I apologise. Anyway, I've downloaded some graphics for the game but I'm getting these weird ghost effects behind the shirts, is there any way to get rid of them? It's nothing to do with the skin because I have the same problem with the default one and it's not the kits because I have the problem with various styles so I'm guessing it's something to do with the game settings or something? Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
Edited by Lost Soul

Finished my first season as Newcastle and I feel slightly sorry for Arsenal.

1) They get drawn against Man U in the third round of the FA cup, win that and get Chelsea in the next round, win that and lose to Bolton at home :D

2) They face Barcelona and Inter Milan in the Champions League before getting beaten by Celtic.

3) Aaand they lose the title to Man U by about two points after getting beaten by Fulham on the last day of the season

almost makes up for them stealing N'Zogbia on the last day of the transfer market >_<

In other news I managed to avoid getting sacked even though I was in the relegation zone until mid October, I eventually end up 8th which wasn't too bad.

Carlisle win League 1 after being second from bottom a few weeks in. They pick up Viduka on a free after I discovered that he was completely useless only to get him to score 24 goals in 16 matches.

And SAF got sacked at the end of the season, having won the Premier League and the Champions League

(Portsmouth won the FA Cup)

This can be easily fixed, using the following steps:

1. Delete the kits in editor data directory (C:\Program Files\Football Manager 2008\editor data\kits)

2. Download the rar file from, wherever. Then extract its contents in the same kit directory mentioned earlier (C:\Program Files\Football Manager 2008\editor data\kits).

3. Create a folder in the Graphics folder where the kits you want to use are installed (I imagine this will be in: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\kits ) name this new folder "default".

4. Copy the content of the kit folder in editor data (your first step) and paste it in the "default" folder

5. Restart the game...

In step 2 you say download the rar file? What rar file?

This can be easily fixed, using the following steps:

1. Delete the kits in editor data directory (C:\Program Files\Football Manager 2008\editor data\kits)

2. Download the rar file from, wherever. Then extract its contents in the same kit directory mentioned earlier (C:\Program Files\Football Manager 2008\editor data\kits).

3. Create a folder in the Graphics folder where the kits you want to use are installed (I imagine this will be in: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\kits ) name this new folder "default".

4. Copy the content of the kit folder in editor data (your first step) and paste it in the "default" folder

5. Restart the game...

In step 2 you say download the rar file? What rar file?

The kits you want to use.

Just finished the first season of a new game with Spurs. Won the Premier League on the last day by beating Fulham 3-0. Then lost to Chelsea 1-0 in the FA Cup final.

Damn board accepted a £10m offer from Pompey for Aaron Lennon in January but I managed to replace him with David Bentley for £12.5m. Only other players I brought in were Hutton & Gunter. Berbs & Keane were on fire the whole season.

I holidayed a year on the new patch and took over a relegated Portsmouth. I should walk the championship with the team I've got, but who knows.

James

Johnson - Paramot - Distin © - Hreiðarsson

Gosling - Diarra - Bouba Diop - Richardson

Defoe - Utaka

Beat Plymouth 3-0 away so far.