Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My FM07 game likes to stall during World Cups and such on my laptop, which is irritating. But I managed to solve this by putting the save onto my PC before. I tried to do that today and it didn't work... And I don't know why :(

Help!

Different databases probably. It effects the save somehow.

Turned out I just needed to get a patch for the PC one. All fixed now :D

I've seen some odd things in managers.

Adie Akinbyi is Nigeria boss.

JP Angel is Colombian boss.

Southgate is still manager of Boro in 2014.

Wenger is on his second stint as Arsenal boss after leaving for Sevilla.

Rafa Benitez was recently sacked from Chelsea in my game.

Mickey Adams managed Bayern Munich to their first title in years (before going to Chelsea when Rafa was sacked)

Martin O'Neil is at Real Madrid.

Paul Jewell is manager of Liverpool or at least was.

Adie Boothroyd is at Celtic.

Gareth Southgate did absolutely nothing at Boro for several years on my 07 game, then took over Arsenal in 2014, promptly won the league and went to Inter. Absolutely bizzare.

My 07 game with Coventry looked to be going well. In about 2014, and after a brief wobble at the start of the season a 14 game run of straight wins had me thinking this year might finally be out year...until Chelsea decided to draw 2, lose 0, and win every other game.

It also seems that bar Chelsea and I, the teams challenging for the titles fluctuate a bit too much to be realistic. With pretty much the same team West Ham go from relegation battlers (survived on the last day after I beat them with a 92nd minute goal - Blackburn lost heavier late on and went down) to title chasers. While over the same two seasons Everton went from runners up to relegated.

Also, I left my temperamental laptop running with FM overnight as I fell asleep, I woke up to find all the history is wiped from player, manager, cup and leagues. It does this after every season now - it is quite the annoyance but my team is too good to give up on and start over.

Oh, and Ian Dowie somehow got the job at Barca after doing nothing of note in his entire life.

So I started a new game with Chelsea as russian international Soda Popinski. The loveable drunk who will spend money like water and treat players like shit. How much success will I have? Tune in at 11 to find out!

So I started a new game with Chelsea as russian international Soda Popinski. The loveable drunk who will spend money like water and treat players like shit. How much success will I have? Tune in at 11 to find out!

Screw Chelsea's success. I just wanna know how much success Hearts have.

Screw Chelsea's success. I just wanna know how much success Hearts have.

I won the World Cup with Portugal by beating France! It was 1-1 until injury time when the French keeper scored and O.G! I resigned as Portugal boss the next day after doing that I resigned as Barcelona boss. I think winning La Liga twice, the Copa Del Rey twice and winning the World Cup in Spain with Portugal at the Nou Camp is enough for me to say the Iberian Peninsula is pretty much by bitch.

I have now applied for the copious amounts of jobs which have opened up in International teams as they do post World Cup. I've applied to manage Italy, England and Ireland as well as a couple of others. I've also thrown my hat in to return to Roma after about three or four years away from them since Camacho buggered off to Arsenal.

I started as Villa manager, second season started badly, and I quit just before January. I didn't want my rut to damage the team. Ended up in MLS for.. like.. 201 days. I hated it, so I quit. I noticed Fulham had been relegated, and Hodgson's job was unsafe. I declared my interest, a day later he's fired and I'm offered a contract. Time to save this team. FOR LIAM!

I started as Villa manager, second season started badly, and I quit just before January. I didn't want my rut to damage the team. Ended up in MLS for.. like.. 201 days. I hated it, so I quit. I noticed Fulham had been relegated, and Hodgson's job was unsafe. I declared my interest, a day later he's fired and I'm offered a contract. Time to save this team. FOR LIAM!

FOR ME!

My WBA team ended up getting promoted, more by luck than judgement. All the teams around me suddenly lost form, and I scummed second place.

Lost 2-1 to Villa in my first game, but then went to the Emirates and beat Arsenal 6-4. Was 3-2 up, then 4-3 behind, and scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes.

Then lost 1-0 to Newcastle...at home <_<

I just sold Steven Davis for 20m to Palmero. I've got 23m transfer budget (club gave me 170k, I made the rest through selling pkayers) and because there's takeover talks, I can't spend any of it. Driving me crazy.

It gets worse, the takeover is completed. The Bognor-Regis based German bastard wants to replace me.

If he does, I will make it my career goal to end Fulham, somehow.

Sorry Liam.

Edited by SUMmation

The team is actually quite exciting.

My first team squad..

Goalkeepers:

Isakksson

Batista

Defenders:

Hughes

Baird

Boldizsar Bodor

Hangeland

Andreasen

Volz

Midfield:

Davies

Bullard

Tim Vincken

Kristiansen

Dempsey

Cook

Joe Ledley*

Ben Watson*

Forwards:

Kamara

Healy

John

Eddie Johnson

German Denis

* indicates I signed them.

The new owner just said they have the intention of bringing in a new manager, and my future will be known shortly. So I'm not going to do anything club-wise til I know.

I finished 3rd in the OFC Cup with Vanuatu. Easily the most exciting international competition I've ever played (which includes 2nd place in the World Cup in a previous version of FM with Scotland!).

I need to start picking easier friendlies though. Got beaten by Afghanistan (1-0), Mexico (7-2) and Ivory Coast (9-2), but managed to beat Antigua and Barbuda (2-1) in the run-up to the OFC Cup. But still...I scored two goals against Mexico and Ivory Coast! With amateurs from Vanuatu! It's an achievement in itself. :D

We did much better in the OFC Cup itself.

Group Stage, top two teams qualify for the final group (top two from both groups and New Zealand are put in a mini-league):

Beat Tonga 2-1.

Beat Fiji 4-0.

Beat Papua New Guinea 1-0.

Beat American Samoa 4-1.

Mini-League Stage, top two qualify for the OFC Cup Final:

Beat New Caledonia 2-1.

Beat American Samoa 2-1.

New Zealand raped us 8-4, but still, we scored four goals with five players injured (can't call up replacements either :@).

Solomon Islands beat us 2-1.

Final is (1st) New Zealand vs (2nd) New Caledonia, which New Zealand will very likely win. Vanuatu finish third in the league stage, with Solomon Islands 4th and American Samoa 5th.

Did the impossible, but still...with a bit of luck...could have been in the final.

I quit that post because I can't possibly top that, and have subsequently applied for every management job to pop up, with no success in two months of trying. No one recognises my achievements. :(