Football Manager 2008

Dan

Okay, so I'm with Leeds, summer of 2009, and I've just got promoted to the Premiership. I'll probably have around £10-£15m to spend on new signings this summer.

I need a new Keeper probably (still got Ankergren, he's very solid though), a more solid defense, some midfielders and a couple of strikers.

My team as it stands:

GK Casper Ankergren

DR Frazer Richardson

DL Ben Parker

DC Paul Huntington

DC Rui Marques

DMC Sergio Hellings

MC David Prutton

MC Pedro

AMC Antoine Sibierski

FC Adam McGurk

FC Michael Chopra

S1 Alan Martin

S2 Matt Heath

S3 Jonny Howson

S4 Marvin Williams

S5 Dominic Matteo

Anyone else in the squad is generally someone who I haven't been able to offload yet, with a couple of solid backup guys. If anyone has any recommendations for guys who can really help me in what will be a very tough season, they will be graciously accepted.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although he might cost a little bit, my suggestion for a somewhat midrange in price but very solid defender would be Leandro Rinaudo of Palermo. He's been very solid for me during my first season here.

My Arsenal defence used to be immense, now they're slacking. I just lost two games that I should of won, including one against Shakhtar, where they had 1 shot in total and managed to beat me 2-1. Eboue's own goal probably helped in that a little, he's useless when Sagna is playing so well, I was right to let him rot on the subs bench in the first place. Hopefully I can unload him in the summer because his valuation is too high for somebody who will only ever play the odd League Cup game.

I only brought in one player in the summer, Urby Emanuelson, because he has good stats in everything I want for nice fluid football and he's only there as backup for Clichy and Rosicky anyway. My scout told me not to sign him but he's been Mr. Consistant so far, it's been like 7-7-7-7-7-7-7 and he's even got a couple of assists. Adds something that Rosicky can't provide with his pace as well.

Maybe someone from Man Yoo; Steve Maclaren, Barry Robson, Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, Mark Hughes etc.

Brian McClair perhaps since he is Scottish.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

I got promoted via the playoffs in my 1st season with QPR and I'm getting demolished in the Premier League, 19th in February with only 4 wins and 3 draws, despite possesing a decent team Next year I should have an easy time n the Championship though.

My team

Camp

Kelly - Berre - Hall - Wome

Jimenez - Davis - Eduardo - Richardson

C.Cole - Ferreira

Eivissa are awful, like seriously not good. The league is ridiculously tough, i'm one of maybe 5, out of 20, teams that are completely amateur, meaning my players can just be taken at any second and I also can't bring in anyone worth signing unless it's on loan.

That said, we've just pulled out of the relegation zone for the first time in 2 months. 9 games without a win has turned into 2 wins and a draw from our last three. One of the wins coming away against Terassa, who are third and (compared to our 639 average crowd) draw an average gate of over 5,000.

Hoping to stay up, making some money as i do so, and hopefully the club will eventually turn professional. Then I can begin my quest of taking on Real Madrid... riiight... what's more likely is we go down, i get sacked, and end up at East Stirling.

Eduardo is an absolute beast, he's the only one of my strikers that's performing to the levels you'd expect on FM. I mean sure, Adebayor and Van Persie scoring 21 goals between them in January is good in real life, but on FM you'd expect Van Persie to be scoring that alone, like Eduardo has for instance. And he assists too, and is a danger from free kicks and penalties. Basically gets you goals in every way possible. Milan wanna know how much I'm willing to sell Van Persie for so I said 15m, because he's been injured a few times this season and I'd rather have a consistant goalscorer than somebody who's supposed to be good but never shows it.

Speaking of consistant, after my success bringing in Emanuelson (he's getting 8s every game now in Rosicky's absence), I might sign a striker my scouts only seem to think is decent in Marouane Chamakh, because he's the only player along who has all the stats I'm looking for to aid in my lovely flowing football. Also, I've decided to keep Eboue as back-up for both right back and right wing, as I do for Emanuelson on the other flank. I'll let Walcott go out on loan for the next few years, hopefully he can become an effective striker.

It's Easter. And on the game front I haven't exactly balanced The Sims 2 and Football Manager 2008, so I've loaded up and I'm going to see how far I can take Canavese.

I've played all the friendly matches, and we're predicted to come bottom - which is just unlucky as me and a friend spent hours in class doing an elimination of countries, leagues and teams and ended up here. Still, we'll see how it goes, I've made a few signings. We have Italian leagues loaded with San Marino players added too, which was a good move as most of them are out of contract so they're easy to snap up :)

My ten year journey with Coventry has finally culminated with winning the Premiership. Probably could've managed it last year, however a combo of focusing on the Champions League (which I won), players being sold and injuries meant it didn't happen. I've got a good few youngsters coming through, however I'm starting to get itchy feet now.

Barca are lagging in Spain, mid-table finish under the guidance of Dowie. I reckon I could declare interest and have him shipped out. Barca are rich too, so I could afford to rebuild the squad and include a couple of the young players I want to continue with.

Decisions, decisions.

I survived with QPR, on the last day with a draw against Newcastle, desptie Fulham beting 4th placed Man City 4-2

Table

17. QPR - 33

--------------

18. Fulham - 32

19. Watford - 29

20 Charlton - 16

At least I'll have another year to build a Premiership quality team, I have to keep Eduardo though if I want to improve.

Edited by The Cool One

Ugh, injury crisis at the moment. Sunderland completely ravaged my team when I last played them, they injured four players and Gallas got injured for deciding to elbow one of the cunts in the face. Thankfully I managed a 3-1 win, which I'm especially pleased with considering we scored our third effectively playing with 8 men.

So I have Rosicky, Eduardo, Adebayor and Van Persie out through injury, Toure and Eboue in the CAF and Gallas suspended for my match against Wigan. Hleb wasn't quite fit enough to start either (because he'd just came back from injury himself), so I had to start Fabregas on the right wing. I lost 1-0 unsurprisingly, since Walcott and Bendtner couldn't score if their lives depended on it. Man United at home next as well, which will be a riot.

On a sidenote. I randomly started playing CM 01/02 a couple of days ago and I remember why it is my favourite of the series ever. You just can't beat being Ipswich, and bringing in Josep Guardiola and Djibril Cisse in your first season... and still only finishing 9th :(

Serioulsy though, awesome game. I think it had just the right balance, between the massive depth there is to FM now and the lack of depth from the earlier games.

Anyway, to give this post a point... what's everyone's favourite game of the series?

So I've started a Man Yoo game, and my first order of business has been an experiment. I'm converting Ronaldo to a striker and Rooney to a right wing. Should prove interesting, Ronaldo's goal output as a striker so far has been 5 in two games.

Or I'm just retarded.

Fuck West Ham!

Fuck Reading!

and fuck this game!

I've just had to play West Ham in three consectutive matches and in that time they have managed to injure Martins (4 months) Gyan (4 months) Matias Fernandez (6 months) - so thats my three pronged 'goals for fun' attack all gone, Corluka (2 months) Coloccini (1 month) so now I have no decent right backs and finally managed to cobble Miguel Veloso aswell.

And despite been 15-4-1 in the league, I still find myself 6 points behind the 18-1-1 Reading, who despite finishing 16th last year are now unbeatable thanks to Leroy Lita and Henok Goitom, who both appear to be on 'roids, as they have 47 goals between them in 38 appearences.

It's a fucking conspiracy!

Pretty meh start to the 2014/15 season with Barca. We're 5th after about 9 games, new signing Fernando Torres didn't really do much but Cappolla was raping defences. Still we were slightly inconsistent.

Though we did beat some amateur side 12-0 in the Copa Del Rey First Round, First Leg. Which was nice. Then we beat Osasuna 6-1. After those two games Torres had 9 goals. Before them he had 0.

I blame this inconsistent form on the fact that I've brought more Spainish people into the squad ... And a Scottish kid but he's actually scored 4 times since I signed him.

That 12-0 was my first ever double digits win on FM. :D