Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many people have multiple games going on? It's just I get cravings to play at different levels all the time, but I don't know whether I will be distracted or anything if I try too many games. Like I fancy giving Deportivo a crack, as I've always been a big fan of them.

EDIT: Also I quite fancy about taking hold of a youth team of a Premiership side, and focusing on that moreso than the main team. What do you reckon would be the best way to go about that?

Hire a top notch assistant manager (Mourinho might even take an offer, but he will be stolen from you as soon as a good job comes up), take control of all teams and go on holiday for 1 day whenever the first team or reserves have a match. Make your youth signings early on in the summer and then go on holiday until the start of the season, giving your assistant permission to sell whoever he likes and sign players from your shortlist.

Won the FA Cup two years running with Ipswich, first season was obviously in the Championship, miracle, right? First season in the Premiership i finish 8th and win the FA Cup again, getting knocked out of the quarter finals of the uefa cup by Liverpool. Then, the bastards sack me by choosing not to renew my contract and hire fucking Sven Goren Eriksson, is that not a piss take?

First year i had 8 million to spend by only choosing to aim at the play-offs, spending only 5. Jordan Stewart (800k), Thomas Priskin (2mill) and i believe it's Vieira a guy from Uruguay plays for a Spanish team (1.3mill) and the rest on firing/hiring new staff.

Next year in the Premiership i get Flamini and Walcott on Loan, sign Van Jelle from Anderlecht(1mill) , Chris Kirkland (3mill) because Wigan got relegated and Kenwyne Jones (4.2mill) because he always seems to fall into the reserves and they sack me, harsh right?

Edited by new_era

They sacked you for finishing 8th in your first Premier League season and winning the FA Cup twice in a row? If so, that is possibly the harshest sacking in the history of football :shifty:

And Zaz, the youth guy is this person called Parrett? Something like that. Not Rose anyway.

I took over from Man United after three seasons at West Ham, where I finished third, second and then finally won the League/CL double before resigning. Holidayed until December 2009 and took over at Man United, who were 11th in the league thanks to Roy Keane's rubbish management. He didn't sign anyone, so basically I had a squad of 11 players (pretty much the same team that starts the game) + a few reserves (Corrie Evans, Darren Fletcher etc). To make things worse Rooney, Ronaldo and VDS were out for a month each.

Got to January a signed Aaron Hunt from Werder Bremen for £22million, and Rafinha from Inter for £18million, now it's the end of March and we've started putting some results together and we're in 8th, as well as the Quarters of the UEFA Cup and the Semi Final of the FA Cup and we also lost the Carling Cup Final on penalties to Liverpool.

There are only 8 points seperating us from 4th with six games to go, hopefully we'll be able to get a CL spot for next season.

I just won my first match, I'm so proud. >_> Playing as Chivas in a SuperLigas Group A match up we won 1-0 against Pachuca. Jonny Magallon scored the only goal.

Goddamnit, then I turn around and lose 3-0 to the Los Angeles Galaxy. Arrrrgh :@ :@ :@

Edited by Wishful Sinful Cloudy

I'm half tempted to start a game I had going ages ago where I just take control of the top 4. At least that way I can buy who I want, and it's quite good fun actually. Last time i done it, it was ages ago, I think I signed Tevez with Man Utd actually. And Liverpool signed Fran from Deportivo.

It was fun.. may need a diary published alongside it >_<

I'm half tempted to start a game I had going ages ago where I just take control of the top 4. At least that way I can buy who I want, and it's quite good fun actually. Last time i done it, it was ages ago, I think I signed Tevez with Man Utd actually. And Liverpool signed Fran from Deportivo.

It was fun.. may need a diary published alongside it >_<

Now you've given me an idea. <_<

So far, I've played only as Redditch (got them promoted to BSP and then relegated back to BSN) then left for Northwhich and got them promoted. Currently in 2011

I was bored so I played as Arsenal for a couple of months then left the game incomplete.

Started a new one with two leagues each from Italy, Spain and England. Randomised, and ended up at Napoli. Fired seven months into the job - effing confusing names.

Suggest potential new leagues and a challenge. Quick.