Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£35m for Veloso?!

I'm sure I got him for about £8m with Real Madrid. It was after the first season, granted, but surely you could've got him for less than that.

lol, they wanted something like £40mil, but I negotiated with them and got him for £35mil

But Julio Baptista is an animal! He used to rape teams for me as a supersub.

lol, he was a supersub for me too, but I just had no need for him in the end :(

Stancu is just horrible for me. I booted up a game of Wrexham and I felt like relieving stress of the Derby game caused me so I 'sort of' cheated by giving them a ton of money, rep and a bigger stadium. Its not a serious game or anything, just a messing about game to see who would sign for me and so far my team is pretty good...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8045/teamnr3.jpg

Anyway, I don't usually cheat, like I said, it was just something to relieve stress after the Derby game took it out if me (nearly 15 games without a win!), but thankfully we got that win in style over Sunderland and I need to return to that game and finish off the season.

reading2.jpg

Who wouldn't be chuffed by achieving that with Reading, huh? lol.

Marsellie knocked me out in the semi finals of the Uefa Cup, won 2-1 at home but lost 3-1 away, they scored in the 94th minute, damn that Cisse to hell!

Let me crack on to see how much money i get to spend next year. Got Diouf and De Guzman joining me on frees for next year aswell.

Edited by new_era

Just finished my first season with Chester

chester.jpg

I must say that I am happy with this result as after I posted how I was doing earlier I went around 8 games without a win and even after the win I still could not fine a good winning streak. I dropped down to about 22nd before I got on a late season run and lifted myself out up to 18th. Now time to find out what the off season holds for me.

I mean personally, i get them each year anyway but i'd say yes.

I think this one is a lot better then 07 but it really depends on how often your going to use it, if your barely going to play it then really best just stick with 07, i'm sure theres a download somewhere to get current squads, managers, promotions/relegations etc from today with the 07 version, so if you find that, no need to get it lol.

Edit: OR, maybe wait for the next one now lol?

Edited by new_era

Okay, the contest is on!

I'm essentially just gonna play Saivet and Huntelaar as my strikers all season as my back-ups are all 3 stars (aged Berbatov and Keane, plus a couple of regens, Terry Dixon and Tomas Pekhart). After the first two league matches Huntelaar is ahead of Saivet by 4 goals to 3 (won 4-0 and then 4-1).

Okay, the contest is on!

I'm essentially just gonna play Saivet and Huntelaar as my strikers all season as my back-ups are all 3 stars (aged Berbatov and Keane, plus a couple of regens, Terry Dixon and Tomas Pekhart). After the first two league matches Huntelaar is ahead of Saivet by 4 goals to 3 (won 4-0 and then 4-1).

He's a real player AFAIK. But I signed both Dixon and Pekhart from Spurs in my old Hearts FM07 game and whilst Dixon turned into a reasonable rotation player, Pekhart was unbelievable. Bought him for £7m (I think) and he was amazing for 2 seasons (or was it 1?) and I sold him on for £15m (even although I didn't want to, but he was pissing and moaning and I wasn't gonna turn down over twice what I paid for him). He was almost a one man team for me.

Alright, I am having a problem, in my Football Manager 2006 game with Chester how the hell can I get the work permit as every American I try to sign, as I found a couple decent ones, keeps getting denied a work permit. How do I get them to stop being denied?

Alright, I am having a problem, in my Football Manager 2006 game with Chester how the hell can I get the work permit as every American I try to sign, as I found a couple decent ones, keeps getting denied a work permit. How do I get them to stop being denied?

If I remember correctly, the playe must have played a certain percentage (cant remember what percentage, might be about 70%) of games for his national team if he is to be approved for a work permit.

All non-eu Countries' players require work permits when moving to a team in Britain

Anybody remember Nik Besagno? What a legend he was on FM06, well for me anyway, I remember I had a Wigan save on it, instantly brought that guy in and he bossed that midfield to safety, even managed to hold the team together when we were faced with the challenge of facing Chelsea and I remember we put up a huge fight, forgot the end result but it was either a draw or a close loss.

Okay, the contest is on!

He's a real player AFAIK. But I signed both Dixon and Pekhart from Spurs in my old Hearts FM07 game and whilst Dixon turned into a reasonable rotation player, Pekhart was unbelievable. Bought him for £7m (I think) and he was amazing for 2 seasons (or was it 1?) and I sold him on for £15m (even although I didn't want to, but he was pissing and moaning and I wasn't gonna turn down over twice what I paid for him). He was almost a one man team for me.

Ah, worded it poorly. I meant a couple of regens PLUS Terry Dixon and Tomas Pekhart. One of my regens, Jamie McDonald (at least I think he's a regen, I'll have to double-check), is like 21 and has 20 finishing, 18 dribbling, 19 first touch, 16 heading and 16 composure, and he has pretty good physical stats too, so he'll probably get the nod as the super sub.

Edit: It's now Huntelaar 7, Saivet 6 after 4 games, thanks mainly to a 5-0 drubbing of Chelsea (all of which came in the first half and included 2 disallowed goals from Fleck :@). Fleck also had 6 assists after the first 3 games, so my team is (finally) firing at the moment :)

Edit2: Well, in the very next match, Huntelaar breaks his arm and is now out for a month :( Up for Jaime McDonald to fill in, who came on to score his first ever league goal (and the winner) with an overhead kick!

Edited by Zaz