Football Manager 2008

Dan

I might be interested if a lot of others get it too and we get our own league going. If it was say, £5 a month or something that'd be ok. If it's going to need an actual retail release too it should at least have some free game time included and be budget like WoW, like £10.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they make you buy it than they should give you free mnth or something. I also think that there should be an option to buy like a season's game time, 3 mnth membership stuff like that.

Like on Xbox Live you can get 1mnth, 3mnth, a Year etc

My penalty woes on Football Manager continues.

Played West Ham in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup. ( Villa beat Cheltenham 3-0)... Finishes 2-2 goes to penalties.

Neuer saves Ashtons so what does Barry do blast it over, They score 2 on the bounce and i score the next two on the bounce...Neuer saves Zamoras so what does Reo Coker do? Hits it straight at the keeper and Solano scores his pen.

Petrov needs to scores and he blasts it over.

I hate penalties so that's 1 cup competition i'm out of now...

Quick question. How long do you have to wait to get a new feeder club?

Edited by davidmarrio

I need a really good central defender who would want to come to Carlisle (in League 1) in 09/10 (to partner Seyfo Soley), on loan or an actual signing I don't mind. I can't get Mikel San Jose on loan anymore, Peter Murphy isn't a great tackler and Martin Canning, although he seems to have good stats, has not put in a good performance for me yet =/

Also, someone who can play right mid and elsewhere in the midfield.

Edited by Zaz

That's just bullcrap those prices seriously that's ridiculous plus the fact that there is only 14,000 spots that just stupid.

Stick with the normal Football Managers thank you very much where you pay 20, 30 quid and can play it for how long you want and go online with it

I'm curious as to what possible features there could be for FM09 having thought about it. Is there anything major missing? The thing that annoys me is the German National team but that's cause Germany are bitches for the license

u can activate the german national team on 08

my documents/sports interactive/fm2008/db/*whatever update you're using*/inc

in that folder, theres a file called 'fake.' put a # symbol infront of "fake_national_team" and another # symbol infront of "change_player_name"

german national team and olivier kahns name should work then

Edited by ollie1988

so does FM work like the Mogul games ?

I mean, is like the '06 version of the game available or does it still cost ? I've looked around some, but have only found demos and such.

I'd like to try out the full game before purchasing.

It still costs to buy, it more like the FIFA games and the Madden series.

The Demo is the full game, just that the game will end after 6 months in game time, all the functions are there.

And like I said before, FMLive can go fuck itself, it'll just end up with someone finding a 'cheat' tactic, then everyone will use it and it'll be shit..

amen to that!!!

I just don't see the point in FMLive...Just upgrade the Online play and make it better. Yeah if you wanna draft a team do that instead of making people fork out more money

Oh yeah. When the new FM comes out it's normally like 20-30 quid which i find quite cheap considering how games are lately.

I remember i pre-ordered FM08 and i think i got it for like 15 quid which i was shocked by

I'm curious as to what possible features there could be for FM09 having thought about it. Is there anything major missing? The thing that annoys me is the German National team but that's cause Germany are bitches for the license

u can activate the german national team on 08

my documents/sports interactive/fm2008/db/*whatever update you're using*/inc

in that folder, theres a file called 'fake.' put a # symbol infront of "fake_national_team" and another # symbol infront of "change_player_name"

german national team and olivier kahns name should work then

Think that only works when you start a new game. Do you know how to do it on an existing save game? I've been playing 7 seasons without Germany. lol

There are many ways to fix that, deleting is one but you can also edit the file to change the 1's to 0s or edit the file or there are downloads from sortitoutsi that can do the replacing for you if you can't figure it out.

Them prices are really steep for the game. I've been playing it free for the last year, as a tester obviously, and no way would i say it is worth that much, I know its less than 8 quid a month but still....

I've been playing as a beta tester for about 4 months I think and it's certainly addictive, but unlike real FM it's a lot harder to progress so I find myself drifting in and out of it. But it's still good fun and I'm strongly considering subscribing, a lot of great people on there. But yeah, each gameworld will be different and there's different associations within each depending on what hours of the day you'll be available for games, but as long as you're in the same gameworld as everyone else then you can organise leagues, cups, whatever with each other.

And Gazz, as far as I'm aware there's no "miracle" tactic in FM Live, you have to train in tactical skill to unlock a lot of the options anyway. But it's nothing like real FM in the sense you'll find a tactic that'll run rings around the computer every time as the other person always has a way to counter what you're doing by exploiting the weaknesses in your tactic, whether that be your lack of width, lack of players through the middle, defenders playing too far up etc.