Football Manager 2008

Dan

Target Men are strikers looking to receive the ball, so they'll need good Positioning and Off The Ball, as well as good First Touch.

Usually he'll be a big guy in the Peter Crouch, Alan Shearer or Dennis Bergkamp mould, so you'll want good Jumping and Heading, although that's not essential if you play to his feet (if you do he'll want excellent First Touch) or get him to run onto ball (Anticipation, plus good Pace and Acceleration, obviously).

Once they've got the ball, they'll need good Passing and Creativity obviously, and you'll probably want them to Hold Up Ball, so good Strength too. Even more obviously, they'll want good Finishing. Because, well...

A Playmaker will need excellent Creativity, Passing, Crossing and Decisions, as well as generally needing good Strength and Dribbling since he'll have the ball a lot.

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it me or is it damn near impossible to keep a clean sheet on 8.0.2?

Who are you playing as?

Yeah, it is, it doesn't really matter who you play as. Original patch, no one closed down so it was goals galore, then on 8.0.1 you couldn't score for love nor money and 8.0.2 its swung the other way again, especially with long shots.

Who are you playing as?

Yeah, it is, it doesn't really matter who you play as. Original patch, no one closed down so it was goals galore, then on 8.0.1 you couldn't score for love nor money and 8.0.2 its swung the other way again, especially with long shots.

Hmmm, I had no problems keeping 3 clean sheets in a row the other day as Pompey, with one of those being a 0-0 draw at Anfield.

Just saying. :shifty:

Who are you playing as?

Hmmm, I had no problems keeping 3 clean sheets in a row the other day as Pompey, with one of those being a 0-0 draw at Anfield.

Yeah, I only conceded 3 goals in 7 games with Australia in the Asian World cup qualifiers (with 2 of those in the one game), so I've really had no problem. And this is with a very old Schwarzer and then Federici in goal >_>

Who are you playing as?

Oh, it happens now and again, but you forget I usually play as Newcastle :P

But seriously, the average goals per game is far too high on 802.

Intalled the 8.0.2 patch and started a game as Villa. In the first PL game with Reading, we start off well with new signing Rosenberg scoring on the 8th. Lita pulls back for them right before the break. Nothing happens until the last 10 minutes, when they proceed to score 5 goals.

<_<

Intalled the 8.0.2 patch and started a game as Villa. In the first PL game with Reading, we start off well with new signing Rosenberg scoring on the 8th. Lita pulls back for them right before the break. Nothing happens until the last 10 minutes, when they proceed to score 5 goals.

<_<

So they won 6-1, with 5 goals coming in the last 10 minutes?

1. I want to see a screenshot

and

2. If this did happen, your team clearly can't defend. :shifty:

Ok, I'm an FM newb here so please don't laugh or get disgusted with this question.

WTF is the difference between FM and WWSM ?

WWSM = American/Canadian name for it.

EDIT:

Anyway, in other news, all my saved games are gone, had to re-format PC, so time to start again. :(

Edited by Sick N Twisted

If theres a video showing the new features than that'll be great. It's around the time they should start to announce stuff. Game normally gets released around October/November

<_<

So they won 6-1, with 5 goals coming in the last 10 minutes?

1. I want to see a screenshot

and

2. If this did happen, your team clearly can't defend. :shifty:

Ok, maybe all 5 weren't in the last 10 minutes, but at least 3 were. And I got so pissed I quit right away, so I can't take a pic. Once I get back to a game it'll probaly happen again, so I guess you'll just have to wait.

It's probably my fault for putting Laursen on for Davis, although neither did much marking.

• Admin

There is a small glitch in the 8.0.2 patch where the AI exploits a flaw in the match engine by switching to 4-2-4 and ripping you to tiny little pieces. However, unlike the corner exploit, it's counterable.