Football Manager 2008

Dan

I installed FM08 again on this laptop that im currently using, and somehow, i seem to have forgotten how to get the latest updates to work :shifty:

i downloaded the file, extracted it to the db, and its not working. thats what you do, right? or have i mixed it up? only the default and the 8.0.2 db options continue to show up in the new game.

help!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring this to the front i just had a good time with football manager 2007 on xbox 360 so i just wondering if football manager 2008 on xbox is just as good main thing im wondering to is if theres a edit mode on football manager 2008 on xbox 360 ive checked all over the internet and cant find anything about it any info would be really helpful thanx

sorry to bring this to the front i just had a good time with football manager 2007 on xbox 360 so i just wondering if football manager 2008 on xbox is just as good main thing im wondering to is if theres a edit mode on football manager 2008 on xbox 360 ive checked all over the internet and cant find anything about it any info would be really helpful thanx

Puncuation is your friend.

As for finding out about FM2008 or FM2009, why not go to the Sports Interactive website? When you use Google, the internets loves you. <_<

Decided to try my hand at juggling the national team as well as a football club after it turns out that winning the World Cup doesn't make you a tactical genius.

Maybe it's because I only had to beat USA in the final... on penalties >_<

So set holiday mode onto "search for top division clubs", and left if a few weeks (next international match was in 90 days and I'd be damned if I was gonna press next for ages. My first offer was Real Sociad, 19th in the Spanish Division 1 and willing to give me £5m to spend, I declined and they brought in Gordon Strachan from Celtic.

So the next day Celtic offer me the job with £29m to spend in January, with the club 1st in the division and 5 points off Rangers. Plus we have an almost perfect regen who's just about to sign a five year contract with me.

Could it get any better?

EDIT: Indeed it does, Man City give me £17m for Aiden McGeady and I manage to pick up Per Skilijan Cilwhatever (£14m), Some wonderful 21 year old Brazilian called Marquinhos (18m over a few years), Jay Simpson, Reimond Manco and now Plessis with my transfer kitty.

And I've got around 4 players coming to the club on frees at the end of the season that I'll likely sell on after a few seasons for wonderprofit (Fraser Forster, Rodney Sneijer, Ben Foster and Fabio Zambrella)

Oh yeah, and I'm around 11 points ahead of Rangers come the end of the January transfer window, and playing Roma in the CL knockout stages. Epic Win

Edited by The General

• 1 month later...

Playing as Barnet. Got promoted in the first season behind some super play from on-loan Will Hoskins and John O'Flynn. Tipped to finish last in League one the next year but finished 16th again due to O'Flynn and newly bought Steve De Ridder. I'm starting to really hate the transfer windows. Inevitably I just throw on my tin hat and try like hell to hold onto my best young talent. Devera, Yakubu, Adomah, and Gillet are under almost constant inquiry but I don't want to let any of them go. Just bought in a bunch of dutch talent for my 3rd season, plus Richard Cresswell to play the JFH role of super sub striker.

FM08 on XBox is horrible. As is every FM game on XBox. Then said, if you enjoyed 07 you'll probably enjoy the pile of crap that is 08.

I somewhat agree. As far as the game itself goes, it's excellently ported onto the Xbox in terms of features. It's just the controls are really, REALLY not suited to an Xbox joypad. I mean, they've probably done about as much as they could to make every action take as little button presses as possible, but it's just so not suited to a controller at all. But if you're used to it then you'd probably like 08. I just didn't have the patience to learn some weird ass controller commands when it works so fluidly with a mouse on my PC.

• 1 month later...

Looking for a lil advice.. computer won't run 09 for some reason so stuck playing 08..

I'm playing as Feyenoord in my second season

First season ended up bottom at the league just before the half way point, but managed to end up in 5th and qualifying for Europe.

Managed to build myself a real solid team, the only thing I'm really seem to be missing are good reliable CB's.

I have a budget of 35 million and plenty of wage budget..

Scouts are being quite useless

So anybody got any advice on who to sign?

Looking for a lil advice.. computer won't run 09 for some reason so stuck playing 08..

First season ended up bottom at the league just before the half way point, but managed to end up in 5th and qualifying for Europe.

Managed to build myself a real solid team, the only thing I'm really seem to be missing are good reliable CB's.

Breno & Cristian Zapata

Better scouts.

Seriously.

People seem to underestimate how useful quality scouts and coaches can be in finding kids and turning them into world beaters.