Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, where the hell are all the kits etc.? I have new ones downloaded, but can't figure out where to put them :(

They go somewhere in your My Documents/Sports Interative folder (i.e. not in the Program Files folder where the game itself is stored). I'll have a look where mine are stored when I get home.

I'm getting sick of teams unsettling my football players. In Pre-Season and Barcelona want to buy Van Der Vaart and he than wants to leave so i'm like he's one of my best players and he doesn't want to be here. If he wants to go i'll offload him for some cash and just replace his ass...Which i did £25 mil to be precise to Barca and the replacement came in the form of Diego for £15mil.

Than i saw that De Silvestri got unsettled this time by Manchester City after a impressive debut season which helped to raise his stock worth so again i don't want some player winging about wanting to move so i saw that Micah Richards had been pretty much outed by Sven (Who left at the end of the season) and unsettled him so a straight swap deal was in order...

Carew same happened to him from Roma so sold him for £8mil after he was my top goalscorer (Add Agbonlahor who left for £5.5mil to Rangers but was playing crap anyway)

That's not it...Manuel Neuer again wanted to leave cause Bayern came in so sold him for £10 million.

Now i lost alot of key players right there but with a starting budget of £55mil and well money from transfer fees i could reshape my team how i saw fit.

Sivok came in for £3.6 mil a transfer agreed in January, Guilherme a talented Left Back came in for £7mil, Eduardo for £2.5mil who my scouts rated highly a very versatile player who can play Left Back, Centre back, left mid etc.

Now my 3 big big big signings well 1 of them was very unexpected. I thought you know what i'll try and buy Ribery for a laugh so put in £30 mil offer and it got accepted so thought no chance in hell he'd agree to wages offered him around 75,80k a week and he wants to join so that made me very happy. I signed Simao for a deal that will be worth around £17/18 mil with monthly installments of £1mil for 12 months and i brought in Javi Martinez for a deal that will be worth £22.5mil but again £1.3mil over 12 months.

For the replacement keeper i signed Juan Pablo Carrizo in who looks to be a decent replacement. My problem last season was letting in to many goals and so with a better looking back 4 and keeper should be going in strong but with the olympics lost Aguero, Eduardo and Guilherme so Bouma, Maloney and Davies will be getting chances to shine.

Oh and still about unsettled players fucking Barry now unsettled due to Bayern and Villarreal so my Captain might be going as well and need to find someone with 18 influence and a good Centre Mid with very little money

I got Hull promoted to the Championship and a bunch of shit Championship teams (i.e. Yeovil) took immediate interest in almost my entire squad. And my players actually wanted to leave! Even though our team is awesome and now in the same league...made no sense. Hull are pretty rich in my game, mainly thanks to my awesome budgeting.

I rightly pimpslapped them back down and keep playing them. Two of them asked for their release. I told them to shut up and play. Once we're winning they'll thank me, stupid bastards. :lol:

Mauricio Pinilla in League One was fucking dynamite.

I'm playing as Birmingham... Standard 4-4-2 formation... home, it works fine... away we suck... I have a limited transfer and wage bill, so buying players is unlikely (no-one wants to sign with Derby anyway)... Top 6 finish is all I want... So ummm... Help?

Edited by superstar2003auok

I'm playing as Birmingham... Standard 4-4-2 formation... home, it works fine... away we suck... I have a limited transfer and wage bill, so buying players is unlikely (no-one wants to sign with Derby anyway)... Top 6 finish is all I want... So ummm... Help?

Play 4-1-4-1 away from home, defend deeper, increase time wasting and play a more long ball game. Don't have to do them all, but they'll all help in some manner.

Play 4-1-4-1 away from home, defend deeper, increase time wasting and play a more long ball game. Don't have to do them all, but they'll all help in some manner.

Way I'm going... I'll give anything a try... Except anything by Kou, as Hull got relegated :mellow:

Spin off of the managers in Premier League thing:

Players Who Are Now Managing

Jonathan Woodgate - Finn Harps

Gary Naysmith - Morton

Paul Furlong - Maestag

Craig Brewster - Rangers

Marco Matterazzi - Verona

Patrick Vieria - Gueugnon

Jens Nowotny - Burghausen

Ousmane Dabo - Arbroath

Jimmy Bullard - Wrexham

Mehmet Scholl - Venezia

Marek Saganowski - Dundela (NI 1st Div)

Ousmane Dabo - Arbroath

There's not one reason I can think of for that connection to ever happen.

Tis interesting though, I always find some players who I really dont expect to become managers actually do in-game. Didier Drogba is the most notable of these, and Brad Friedel as well.

I hate it when I get addicted to the transfer market and end up with a quality team, but end up playing far worse than with my earlier players. I almost completely revamped my Altrincham squad, getting rid of the older and less-talented players bringing in better players in most positions. The only thing I couldn't upgrade was my attack, as my star loanee Kelvin Etuhu didn't want to come back for another season. The other great loan I got was Marc Williams, but he moved on a free to Aldershot for much more money than I was willing to pay.

Anyway, other teams are currently slicing through my midfield and defence, or just the midfield and scoring from 20 yards away. We also only play well right at the end of the match, scoring 1 or 2 in extra time, but it's never enough to counter the 3 or 4 we receive in regular time. Looks like this time I'll really be in quite the relegation battle.

On a game I had back on FM07 that lasted into the 2020's there were some weird managers. Louis Saha was at Cambridge in the Conference, and Ledley King was assistant manager to Jonathan Woodgate at Torquay.

Neither of them were particularly good, they hovered in mid-table season after season.

On a game I had back on FM07 that lasted into the 2020's there were some weird managers. Louis Saha was at Cambridge in the Conference, and Ledley King was assistant manager to Jonathan Woodgate at Torquay.

Neither of them were particularly good, they hovered in mid-table season after season.

right now on my spurs game sol cambell is the man utd manager.

Man I love this game sometimes...

Playing as Manchester United and am into this season (08/09) and coming to the end, I drew Chelsea in the semi final of the FA Cup. I set my team up as usual; Foster in goal, a back four or Alves, Rio, Vida and Evra, then I have Carrick sit infornt of them while the front five of Anderson, Nani, Ronaldo, Tevez & Rooney all interchange upfront.

Anyway in the first 90 seconds, Anderson makes a run through the middle and is given the ball by Nani; Anderson takes a shot that Cech parries straight to Rooney who taps it in to make it 1-0. I sensed that it wasn't going to stay like that, but I never thought I'd win 5-4!

Lampard and Pandev both score just before half time to put Chelsea 2-1 infront. No goals in the next 15 minutes when I go for it, I push the backline up and go all out attack to try and win the game. Rooney then gets around Terry and chips the on rushing Cech to get me level and then a few minutes later rifles one in from 25 yards to get his hat-trick. As soon as I go infront, Ballack is brought on by Avram and with less than ten minutes to go, he gets above Evra at the far post to head in a Ashley Cole cross :angry:

Into extra time, Rooney gets his fourth of the game after a mistake from Garay at the back for Chelsea. Ronaldo then has a goal disallowed for offside (which wasn't) but I'm soon happy again as Tevez makes it 5-3 in the 108th minute. I then take off Nani & Tevez and bring on Pique (DM) and Johnny Evans (CB) and change to ultra defensive with a 5-2-1-3-0 Formation. Chelsea obviosuly pile on the pressure and Wright Phillips scores to make me sweat but luckily I manage to hold on for 5-4 aet victory :D

Up next I've gotta play AC Milan at home in the 2nd leg of the Champions League Qtr with a knackered squad :( I drew 1-1 in the San Siro two weeks ago and my fans were dissapointed :o