Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a fantastic Premier League season with Spurs, just seven games left and I am on top one point away from Liverpool, 2 away from Manchester United. I thought I was out of the title race when I lost to Boro and Newcastle back to back but Liverpool went and lost to Blackburn and Hull and I changed my tactics which produced a thrilling 5-3 win over Portsmouth and a 5-0 over Birmingham, have a match with Liverpool coming up soon and they are going to be high on confidence having just beaten Real at the Champions League Quarter-Final.

I'm on my first season with Man City, (updated with mega moniez, but unfortunately all the decent players still tell you to get fucked), and I'm currently in 6th currently 7 points (with a game in hand) behind both Chelsea and Liverpool. Minimum expectation is 5th (UEFA cup place) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off. Newcastle are doing stupidly well, Owen's bagged 35+ for the season and there's 10 games left and Martins has more than 20.

If he hasn't been signed try Sivok the Czech Republic player. Can play DM and i think he can also play at CB too.

If not Miguel Veloso i think it is from Sporting quite a good player.

marcoliniey0.png

Attempting to get this lad.

He's okay technically, but his lack of anticipation and positioning (few interceptions), bravery, teamwork and determination (few tackles), composure and decisions (risky backpasses), concentration (Titus Bramble), not to mention he can't jump and has no pace. He might be one for the future, but if you put him in the first team he'll get murdered.

On FM07 there was this great great player i used to get Jakub B (Can't remember the rest of it) he's Polish very very versatile player could play RB, RWB, MR, AMR and he was a good player too. Try him

yeah i remember signing him on FM07 when i was Liverpool manager and he was just great player and yeah read we were supposed to be linked with him. Easy to train to into different positions so could just train him to be CB good player to have imo

Well I got Nemanja Vidic for 15 Million Pounds and I will probably be able to recoup that money by selling an unsettled Tom Huddlestone to Chelsea and Chimbonda to Manchester City

My current Spurs starting 11:

GK:Robinson

DR.Vanden Borre

DL.Patrice Evra(10 Million plus Ghali, purchased from Celtic)

DC: Ledley King

DC: Nemanja Vidic

DMC: Diagne-Faye(Bought from Charlton I think it was)

MR: Aaron Lennon

ML: Marcelo

FC:Robbie Keane

FC:Dimitar Berbatov

FC: Jermaine Defoe

Also have the likes of Sherman Cardenas,Nicolas Milan,Steffen Iversen,Salomon Kalou,Eduardo Ratinho.

Going to add an experienced Utility player next and am leaning towards Owen Hargreaves.

jammy (adj.) (Brit. slang) flukey; lucky; defying probability with outrageous good fortune.

sod (noun) (Brit. slang) 1. chap; fellow; guy. 2. child; kid; brat.

...was what I meant. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Haha alright thanks I guess, I should have the brit slang down by now I have been here for a decent while.

Vidic wasn't starting for United who played Ferdinand and Heinze in the middle and demanded a move, United seem to have a thing for hating talented defenders because they also sold Evra to Celtic for little money but I have bought him back to England and he got a goal in the final match which won us the league.