Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far the only defensive tweaking I've found to work with individual players is setting Opposition Instructions to 'Hard' tackling for any attacking player with a Bravery rating of maybe 13 or lower. Maurtin Laursen was able to completely own Yakubu that way.

I've meddled with the likes of Tight Marking, or bumping the Closing Down up, but I've yet to see these cause a significant difference.

So far the only defensive tweaking I've found to work with individual players is setting Opposition Instructions to 'Hard' tackling for any attacking player with a Bravery rating of maybe 13 or lower. Maurtin Laursen was able to completely own Yakubu that way.

I've meddled with the likes of Tight Marking, or bumping the Closing Down up, but I've yet to see these cause a significant difference.

I love terrorizing the keeper, closing him down all the time and marking him then setting King,Faye,Amaya to rough him up during free kicks one of them always ends up scoring a goal

or getting sent off :shifty:

So I have an FM realted injury.

In my Luton Town game, I am five seasons in, and have managed to break the top 4 and am on the way to a second Premiership title (I hope). Anyway, I was playing inthe League Cup final against Bor, and I think... it's only Boro, so I'll stick in a few fringe players and youngsters. Big mistake.

Within 12 minutes I'm 2-0 down to goals from Aliadiere and Castillo.

David Bentley (who I picked up on a free after mutual termination from Blackburn) scored in the 15th to make it 2-1.

Castillo scores in the 36th. 3-1.

Eduardo (not from Arsenal - a young Brazilian recommended to me by Alex, the other young Brazilian) scores to make it 3-2 in the 31st minute.

Castillo scores in the 40th minute to complete his hattrick and make it 4-2 to Boro at half time.

So 2 substitutions and a change of tactics later and I come out for the second half. Nothing happens for a while.

Then in the 67th minute, Tommy Smeaton (from Luton academy) scores to make it 4-3.

71st minute, Genero Zeefuik (signed on a free from PSV) scores to tie the match up at 4-4.

At this point, I punch the air in celebration - or at least what I thought was the air. Turns out it was actually a shelf above me, resulting in my hand being cut open. So, with the cup final too important too miss, and not wanting to spill blood on my suit (it is a cup final after all) I have to sit and wait through extra time, and penalties. Penalties which were crap on both sides. 5 penalties taken each, final score 2-1 to me.

What a comeback.

So I have an FM realted injury.

...Turns out it was actually a shelf above me, resulting in my hand being cut open. So, with the cup final too important too miss, and not wanting to spill blood on my suit (it is a cup final after all) I have to sit and wait through extra time, and penalties. Penalties which were crap on both sides. 5 penalties taken each, final score 2-1 to me.

What a comeback.

Pics of the cut hand and suit or it didn't happen. <_<

Sitting second with Spurs but have no hope of catching Utd unless they cock up horribly(things are looking up as they lost 3-0 to both Arsenal and Newcastle.)

Why is Everton so overrated in FM07? James Beattie has 30 goals while an average Uruguayan player is dominating the big teams for fun it doesn't make sense at all.

Why is Everton so overrated in FM07?

Paul and Oliver "Ov" Collyer are two English computer game designers and programmers. They founded the development company Sports Interactive in 1992 and created the Championship Manager series of football video games, which became the Football Manager series in 2004. They also created game called Football Manager Live which is still in beta test.

The Collyer brothers often inserted themselves into their own games, as below average players, not good enough to play for even the worst teams.

The brothers are avid supporters of Everton F.C.

Oliver currently lives in Istanbul, close to the ground of Beşiktaş J.K

Ding-ding-ding.

but I think if you want to break into the top four next season some big signings will need to come, especially to replace Barry.
Top four? What with FM's traditional bout of Everton-suspiciously-punching-above-their-weight-because-we're-fans-don't-you-know (currently in 4th) and Newcastle also playing well, I'll be happy with a solid top six. ¬_¬

Now everybody's happy.

Edited by stokeriño

I am really enjoying this season with Spurs. The top 4 has not only been broken but completely changed with only Utd still around the other teams battling for it are City,Spurs(me),Everton,Newcastle and Liverpool. Chelsea are fighting for UEFA Cup places with David Villa flopping and only getting around 7-8 goals.

That's probably one of my major gripes with FM - how incredibly variable it is. I know that there's a decent chance of the the Big 4 being broken up, but in FM it seems to happen every single time. In the first season I'd estimate that it's 50-50 (or less) that you get the traditional top 4 in those spots and by the second season I don't think I've EVER seen them in the same spots. That covers the last couple of versions, anyway.

My game is having the standard Everton issues, and Newcastle's performance seems to have been influenced more by their fans' hopes and dreams than reality, but beyond that it's been pretty realistic (albeit a little harsh on Stoke and Hull).

So I started unemployed in a new 08 game cause Newcastle save blew up.

Took on Ural Arhiowahiofganiofss in the Russian First Division and tore through those motherfuckers and got promoted. Upon Ural's glorious return to the Premiership of Russia how much money do I get for transfers? None?

This season is going to suck.

Ironically, I got a job with Hull (YES KOU, HULL) after leaving QUB (see my last post). They were in the relegation zone in League One in February, but by May they were safe thanks to me. We didn't do very well, I like I lost most games, but the morale was rockbottom, my entire team were depressed and resigned to relegation. For some reason the board feel it's my fault that we finished horribly low in the table (19th), even though I only had 15 games in charge, and had no way of bringing in new players.

A bunch of my best players are now moving away on frees, but I'm already replacing them and managed to score Man United as a parent club, so I look forward to whoring a bunch of loan deals from them. Promotion or bust!