The Official Halo 3 Topic

The Kraig

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reviews are in, and Halo 3 kicks ass!

●IGN.com: 9.5/10

●Gametrailers.com: 9.8

●1UP.com: 10/10

●GameSpot.com: 9.5

●Teamxbox.com: 9.7

●Eurogamer – 10/10

For comparisons with Bioshock, TeamXbox and Gametrailers rated Halo 3 better, IGN rated Bioshock better, and the rest gave equal ratings.

I’m changing my GT today, so I’ll be adding a number of you to my friends list. Tuesday can’t come soon enough!

Edited by abundant

Check out IGN's review, it's the most in-depth and best describes what's to come on Tuesday. I just can't believe how little effort GameSpot put into theirs though, but then again, it is Gerstmann. :thumbsdown:

Look forward to seeing you all (and getting my ass handed to me by Kraig, I'm sure) online this week. : )

I just called my sisters boyfriend who works in GAME to make sure he gets me a copy on Wednesday. I would've pre-ordered the limited edition but havent been able to get any money until this week and so, thats me fucked. Oh well, any Halo is good Halo.

If I manage to get a wireless adapter this week(Im sure wishing I knew it cost 55 quid BEFORE going wireless), I'll gladly play some co-op/multiplay with y'all.

I went to my local Hastings store and entered the Halo 2 Tournament they had going on for their midnight release party. There was 12 teams, all chosen at random. My team sucked balls, so we were eliminated pretty quickly. Throughout the night they showed clips of the game and stuff. I left after my team lost, but a friend that stayed said they popped in the Halo 3 Beta demo, but not the full game.

Well, I hate Construct. Isolation is cool but was too big for the 5 person free for all we were having, Narrows is alot of fun, as is Guardian. Last Resort is a fond memory :wub and we're currently debating whether or not The Pit is a remake of Headlong, in my mind there's absolutely no similarity, but my friends seem to think its the same "just not under contruction"

Easily nabbed Halo 3 last night from a midnight launch and picked up Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer alongside it since that's shovelware. Now to plow through it to see how shitty this ends and start the MP fest

CAMPAIGN SPOILERS: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I just reached the six stage (The Arc), and I'm just SO reluctant to play it. Partly because I know I only have 4 stages left, and partly because the start appears to be a clear reference to Truth and Reconciliation. Bungie would have to be hard pressed to top that. :P

EVEN MORE CAMPAIGN SPOILERS

Just finished The Arc, and I must say that it was amazing. It took me an hour to complete on normal, which ought to say something. It goes from a covert insertion of sorts with sniper action, into regrouping survivors to form a mini-convoy, into getting huge support in the form of 4 (!) scorpion tanks, culminating in a ground battle against a scarab. After which, there's still more to go, not as impressive, but I figure once I crank up the difficulty I could spend a hell lot of time on this stage.

Oh, and the following stage gets even crazier. Think The Silent Cartographer, but with a whole lot more crazy shit going on. I'm saving it for tomorrow, but the opening alone was just great.

So far, the only stage is don't really like is Tsavo Highway. I can't help but feel it's a stage designed for co-op, so I'll guess we'll have to see about that when I get into it.

Also, watching a ton of construction workers get massacred = awesome.