Carling Cup Tonight

new_era

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so confused, it's the best thing ever to see Chelsea all so disappointed and picking up losers medals...but that happiness is over-written by seeing Tottenham win something. The world is wrong.

Wahey!

We had the radio on at work and I've never banked up and made sure we closed as quickly as we did today...Then three of us in the car, hammering down to the pub and standing, pints in hand, in front of the big screen after 65 mintues in time to see Spurs outplaying Chelsea, the penalty, Woodgate(!!), and then hanging on in the most nerve wracking half hour I've experienced in a LONG time.

Also helped that while I'm in Birmingham, it was a student pub full of Spurs fans. Was brilliant and even better when all the Chelsea fans pushed off home before we lifted the trophy. Robbie Keane with tears in his eyes - brilliant!

And yeah, we're no Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal so the Carling Cup MEANS something to us, we're not ashamed to say it. COME ON YOU SPURS!

And yeah, we're no Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal so the Carling Cup MEANS something to us, we're not ashamed to say it. COME ON YOU SPURS!

This is why I don't mind the result. The big four winning every single cup between them bores the hell out of me, so good on Spurs for the result.

I was actually more annoyed at Blackburn conceding yesterday to wipe out the clean sheet bonus Steve Warnock could have got me in my Fantasy Football league, just to put the whole thing into context. :shifty:

It's probably been good for the competition as well with Spurs winning - the papers have given more coverage to it than usual and it's been celebrated FA Cup style by the team and the fans. The Sun had a groovy poster in it too which is brilliance! heh

Guest RingoHatesBenji

I think what is being overlooked here is that we can spend the rest of the season doing "respectably" in the league and not killing ourselves to do well 'cause we "stole" one of those Euro spots :shifty:

Take that Aston Villa, Everton, Liverpool, Man City and/or Portsmouth!