The Sopranos Thread

RKOwnage

I don't see exactly what you mean with the New York war. The capos were getting annoyed with Phil because he was isolated completely and was telling them hardly anything. They eventually just decided 'forget it' and sanctioned a hit on him to end the war. Not to mention, business was bad for the Soprano crew, so it couldn't have been great for theirs either.

I just recently got into them as well and have seen the second part of Season Six and a few other episodes. It's a great show and if it is true that the earlier seasons are better, then I can't wait.

But yeah, AJ does come across as a whiny fuck from what I've seen of the show.

Well, first of all, given that one of said capos was the guy continually urging for Phil to go to war with Jersey (Butch, I believe)? His reasons for giving up on it were understandable because Phil was becoming irrational, but it was still an about-face. But moreover, after Bobby was killed, Silvio was left comatose, Patsy was left running for his life, and the rest of the crew was holed up in a small house seeming to be gearing up for war? I was expecting... well. War. Not some social functions followed by "okay so we give up."

On an unrelated note, I was also disappointed that Phil was killed by Walden when Benny Fazio was right there and would have made perfect sense, storyline-wise, to be the guy who pulls the tigger.

Benny was my favorite minor character on the show. His mini-feud with Artie was great. I wish he would've been the one to do it. Although I knew how Phil was going to die. I hate living in New Jersey, my brother's friend saw it happen and he told me. They saw it from far away, so they thought it was Benny who killed him, too.

AJ, Janice and Meadow were easily the most annoying characters on the show. But AJ easily takes the cake. The only time I enjoyed his character was when he was all depressed and crying like a pussy, which was funny. But other than that, he's always been incredibly annoying. Especially when Tony and Carmella were separated.

I've seen the first five seasons, but haven't gotten the time to get the last season. Other than that, I have to say that I hate Janice and AJ, with Janice being the one I hate most.

I may be completely looking past something, but, who(and this is under the assumption he died) killed Tony Soprano?

I loved the second half of S6, the penultimate episode was just such a great setup, definatly one of my favorite epis. I was pissed to see Bobby get such a big sendoff, I loved the character, but it just felt kinda disappointing that Bobby died that way while Chris just...died.

I may be completely looking past something, but, who(and this is under the assumption he died) killed Tony Soprano?

I loved the second half of S6, the penultimate episode was just such a great setup, definatly one of my favorite epis. I was pissed to see Bobby get such a big sendoff, I loved the character, but it just felt kinda disappointing that Bobby died that way while Chris just...died.

Edited by RKOwnage

Meadow being hot made up for how annoying she was <_>

Janice...not so much.

seconded

I was hoping for a long long time they would end Janice, especially more so after the mother died in Season 2. As for Meadow, I kinda ignored her shit ... I'm used to Jersey girls I think. Spoiled cunts they be. And she's hot.

I think I'm the only person to watch The Sopranos and not hate Janice. I thought she was hilarious, honestly; I think the fact that I always sort of regarded her as this jokey side character who was just there to mostly be ridiculous and a conniving shrew helped in that regard.

As for Meadow, I think she became a tolerable character in season five and remained that way until the end of the series. But oh god did I want something bad to happen to her in the season three finale when she was being ridiculously irrational.

I'm still only in season 4. The worst I've seen was when she lied around the house and then started screaming about going to Europe. At this point she's still distraught bout losing the guy she was banging and getting XTC from. So I'm hoping this bullshit ends pretty soon.

Oh god, yes, she was fucking unbearable right then. She gets better, but at that point she's completely horrible.

Janice has always annoyed the hell out of me. From her stuff with her mom, from dating Ralphie and Jackie Aprille, she was always some god damn annoying. I always wanted to see one of Bobby's kids punch her in the fucking mouth.

Though, I will admit, when she got online and scared the hell out of Bobby's kids and when she was in anger management, that was pretty cool stuff.

Meadow annoyed me for most of the show, but she wasn't anywhere near as annoying as AJ.

• 14 years later...

Paulie Walnuts is starting his 6,000 years in purgatory to get into heaven 😭.

I'm in Season 3 of my rewatch of The Sopranos right now. If there are people who still want to discuss this show, I definitely am all about it 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Pine Barrens will always be one of my favourite episodes of any programme. Such an amazing piece of TV. 

Paulie was one of my favourite characters and that's down to Tony's acting ability

16 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Pine Barrens will always be one of my favourite episodes of any programme. Such an amazing piece of TV. 

Paulie was one of my favourite characters and that's down to Tony's acting ability

“The guy was an interior decorator!” will always be one of my favourite line deliveries of all time.

Super sad about this one. He looked and sounded really bad during the Sopranos reunion show on… 60 minutes I think it was, but was glad when I read he was still alive after that. This sucks because I always just watch random Sopranos clips on YouTube in my spare time. One of the greats, even if Paulie was the one who most likely stabbed Tony in the back at the end. 

On 09/07/2022 at 22:32, Benjamin said:

“The guy was an interior decorator!” will always be one of my favourite line deliveries of all time.

Super sad about this one. He looked and sounded really bad during the Sopranos reunion show on… 60 minutes I think it was, but was glad when I read he was still alive after that. This sucks because I always just watch random Sopranos clips on YouTube in my spare time. One of the greats, even if Paulie was the one who most likely stabbed Tony in the back at the end. 

Hard disagree here. Pretty sure I remember reading that Tony Sirico's one rule upon accepting the role was that he never a rat or betrayed the family. I know they did an arc of him flirting with NY, but they were never going to have him betray the family like that. He wanted his character to be a true mobster, given his own former mob ties.