Official UEFA Cup 07/08 Thread

Lineker

I seen that video & one where they're smashing up a car for no reason.

If I jumped on a police officer in the street and kicked fuck out of him like that infront of a load of police, I'm sure I'd get a few years in jail.

&

_44658035_fan_bitten_ap226.jpg

LOL

Edited by RingysTaintLickerDan

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They rap on about English fans going mad and its in the news for days. I've heard nothing on TV. Rangers were warned many times about their fans. It is time Fifa took serious action.

Shut the fuck up! Until last night Rangers didn't have one arrest against our name in this years Euro travels. I was in Manchester last night and the bullshit could have easily been avoided. The fan zones could not cope with the amount of support that showed and there were just as many people trying to get in as were actually in the place. Riot police forming baselines and trying to force the fans away from the "fan zone" didnt really help. There were two big screens, One for adverts and one to show the game. The one to show the game broke yet the adverts kept on coming.

And the car that got smashed up could have easily been avoided. The road near the fanzone should have been closed considering the amount of people on it, police and fans. The road remained open and the driver of the car forced his way through the crowd and knocked down and hospitalised a Rangers fan.

Manchester were underprepared and the police were aggresive as fuck, what did they expect in return?

On another note, RIP Tommy Burns.

Kobra was also there, and would know what happened better than you, or me, or most people.

I think both parties were at fault. The few Rangers fans who incited the violence are luckily arrested, and the police are being looked at due to their apparent heavy-handedness against those who were behaving.

A football strip doesn't make you violent, being an idiot does. And sadly, Glasgow has it's fair share.

But this is a matter for the police, not FIFA. It's not a football crime. If FIFA did take action I'm sure it would be argued that racist chanting and pitch invasions from Zenit fans went unpunished, both of which are 'football crimes'. That's why it should stay a problem between a handful of dicks who were there to start trouble, and overzealous police who didn't help matters.

And on the Tommy Burns thing, a lot of my green colleagues at work were delighted that Rangers lost, but then news of Tommy dying brought them right down again. Then they were like 'oh, I bet he hung on just to see Rangers lose' and 'I bet that'll cheer up the Rangers'. Why the fuck would we celebrate someone's death? He's a former footballer and coach, he's not Saddam Hussein. I still can't understand the whole bitter hatred, but that's maybe because I'm not Christian. We're rivals, not at war.

Rest In Peace, Tommy Burns.

Kobra was also there, and would know what happened better than you, or me, or most people.

I couldn't care if Be was there. Still doesn't give you the right to rampage through a street and jump on a police officer. :rolleyes:

Funny that half of the rampaging fans had english and irish accents and not wearing rangers colours eh?

The police lost control and were chasing people one way then back the other, even battering some guy that was on crutches too many people that weren't involved in the violence were needlessly hit by batons. Plus Piccadilly Station was a joke no trains leaving at all for hours.

At the end of the day a blind man could have seen that Manchester wasn't prepared, everyone told the council and police about how many people would come down 2 fan zones that can hold 22,000 certainly isn't enough for even the first number that was thought would go down and there was a lot more than 100k there. As most papers have stated the trouble started when the riot police came in and ended when they left.

No but it certainly doesn't help when the police start charging in from all directions with kids and women in the crowd, the fact is Manchester should never hold a sporting event again. They were complaining about the mess too, I don't think I seen one bin the whole time I was there.

The idea is that a terrorist could place a bomb in a bin thus destroying a large chunk of the area and/or people when they're packed together like sardines.

Yet obviously 100,000 fans aren't going to carry all their rubbish back home in a plastic bags, especially when they've drunk enough cans to fill a small car.

Manchester have kinda shot themselves in the foot if they compain about the litter

What's the history about Rangers and Leeds? If any? As it was reported that there were a fair few Rangers fans stopping off in Carlisle yesterday looking for fights with the Leeds fans.

Shame, I bet the Carlisle fans wanted to have a go at the Leeds fans.